Construction Materials Testing Lab 17025 Templates

M

matayus

17025 Template

I am in need of a Quality system based on ISO 17025 for a construction materials testing laboratory (very small company... 2 employees) Slight problem... I have no idea what I'm doing!!! I am considering buying a 17025 template CD rom supplied by Techcom Systems.

http://www.calibration-software.com

Has anyone had experience with this software??

I am wanting to keep costs to an absolute minimum due to the small size of the Co. The company has not yet opened.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

tomvehoski

Are you familiar with setting up an ISO 9000 system? Many of the requirements of 17025 are the same as 9000. If you are familiar with 9000, or have templates (which you can probably find on this site) that will take care of much of your documentation. The rest is pretty specific to the tests that you will be performing, so I am not sure that templates would be of much help.

I have not used the software you reference, but it looks like the set up procedures following the standard. I do not recommend doing so - you should make the system fit the way you work. I also don't understand why you would need a SOP for "Normative Reference" as shown in their outline.

The way I am setting up the procedures I am building for a client now is:

1. Policy Manual - Organizational overview, numbered per 17025 for easy reference (many debates here about if you should do it this way, but it seems to work well for me).

2. Document and Record Control
3. Contract/Order Review
4. Purchasing and subcontracting tests
5. Nonconformance control, preventive/corrective action
6. Internal Audit
7. Management Review

There will be one additional procedure for each test they perform that addresses all of the section 5 requirements.

Hope this helps,

Tom

K

Ken K

Our approach to 17025 was using it as a template along with a 48 page doc audit form used by our auditor. It's not really that difficult of a process once you understand what needs to be documented.

I looked at some canned software during the web searches I did and none of them really pertained to our lab. A one "size fits all", IMO, won't really help you understand how your company will wish to operate.

Personally, I would save the $500 and write your own. You'll better understand 17025 in the long run. Just make sure all the "shalls" are addressed. We also numbered everything per 17025 and it worked well for us.

Good luck.

D

David Mullins

Buy an E-copy of the standard.
Copy and paste the text into a WORD document before your poxy Standards Australia print time runs out.
Change the terms to suit your company.
Then if you need to write any more specific procedures on how to do things, then do it.
I can give you some super simple examples of alternate ways to go.
Cheers.

R

rrramirez

17025 Check List and Manual Templates from NIST

If you need the templates from the NIST send to me an e-mail both are for free.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Nuclear Liability - Supplying construction materials - ASME under NCA 3800 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
Hershal How many folks are in the construction/construction materials/public safety arena? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
John Broomfield Design and Construction wiki Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
A Construction of an ISO 8 Clean Room - ISO 14644-1 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A Specific processes - Construction management field Service Industry Specific Topics 2
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
R Extension of product nonconformances - Construction project Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S CE ETA (A2) Audit - CE mark for the european construction market CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
R Process Mapping a Civil Infrastructure Construction company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Production Strategy in Construction & Heavy Industries Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
G Heavy Civil Construction Company Implementing ISO 9001:2015 for Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
I How to implement ISO 9001:2015 for Construction Field ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
W NCR Performance KPI Monitoring in an Industry like Construction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
J CFDA issues Guiding Opinions on Enhancing the Construction of Food and Drug Inspectio China Medical Device Regulations 1
N Nonconformances in the Construction Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
O CE TCF (Technical Construction File) Template for LVD/EMC/Pressure Directive CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
S Declaration of Performance/CE - M10 Fittings (Construction) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Please help with the construction of OC curves Using Minitab Software 7
M Large Construction Project Quality Plan - ISO 9001-2008 using ISO 10006 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
P Bad communication in construction projects are probably the biggest generators Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
V CMM plane construction method types and accuracy differences for measuring Pos Tol Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Data for Analysis - Construction Industry Table of Data for Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P What do you think is the most common root cause of NCRs in a construction project? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P What is ?Quality? in a Construction Project? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
Hershal Road construction frustration while driving Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
P What can go wrong in a Construction Project - NCRs in Construction Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
S Implementing ISO 14001 in a Construction company ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
W Construction Contingency Refund? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Introducing ISO 9001:2008 in a Concrete and Construction Material Laboratory ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M ISO 9001 Construction Registration without Current Projects ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T Difference between the terms Function & Process when used in Construction Management Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 12
M Sample Technical Construction File for Machinery Directive CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
J Document Control Procedure for the Construction Industry - Help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Seeking material on the Construction Process in IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
C CE Mark Technical Construction File for LVD (LED Luminaire) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
K What is an Inspection and Test Plan? Construction Project Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
C Notified Body MDD Technical Audit of our Technical Construction File EU Medical Device Regulations 2
jkuil Hygiene Control during Maintenance and Construction Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 6
N Benefits of having an EDMS in a Construction Company Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M EU CE Mark Construction Products Regulation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Information on Marciano Chart Construction APQP and PPAP 3
T Quality Management Sytems in the Construction Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
E Internal Audit for Project Management Team - Construction Industry Internal Auditing 8
S Design Code of Construction for Chlorine Tank Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
K ISO 31000 - Implementing Risk Management in the Construction Industry? Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 5
M Managing Quality Risks in Construction Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
T What to expect during a Construction Company OHSAS 18001 Site Audit? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
S Cost Surrounding Cleanroom Construction Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Applying HAZOP and FMEA methods for HSE Hazard Identification in Construction Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3