Contingency Notebook containing everything your designee would need

S

shaggy1812 - 2011

The company I work for just provided a little workshop regarding a "Contingency Notebook". A 3-ring binder to be stored, say with you cookbooks, containing everything your designee would need if something happened to you. Things like medical conditions, what happens when you die, who gets contacted, etc.

I've attached a crude spreadsheet that has the info discussed during this workshop. The workshop itself came out of the speakers own experience with taking care of 2 aging grandmothers as well as her work with the YMCA.

The basic idea is to have all of the necessary information in one place, thought through, during an emergancy or any other situation where emotions cloud judgement and descisons.

Attachments

• Contingency Notebook.xls
    59 KB · Views: 546

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I don't think it's possible to count how many people's lives would have been improved if their significant others had prepared a kit like this. :applause:

I've done my feeble bit by assembling a file in my fire safe called "Insurance" and including pre-completed forms for VA burial for both my husband and me, and instructing my kids to look in that file if something happens to us.

mdurivage

Quite Involved in Discussions
This would also be a great thing to do for your employer. So if you are sick or worse, someone could pick up the pieces and continue on.

AndyN

Moved On
This would also be a great thing to do for your employer. So if you are sick or worse, someone could pick up the pieces and continue on.

Isn't that partly the purpose of a quality management system? So that one person doesn't become "the person" to 'hold it all together", which is a risk?

Top Bottom