Contingency Plan for Field Returns

R

r29728

we are a diesel engine manufacturer, main customer is truck maker, Is there anybody could provide me a example of "contingency plan" to me? which is for field return....Thanks!!

J

JQuality

Re: Contingency Plan for Field Return

Here is a statement of how field returns were handled as a part of an overall contingency plan. I hope this help.

In the event of a significant volume of field returns additional volume would be sub-contracted to another facility, or additional personnel would be obtained to meet the increase in volume. Primary responsibility resides with the Engineering manager and secondary responsibility belong to the Human Resource manager.

I believe I wrote this into our contingency plan procedure to meet the Ford MMOG requirements.

M

Matt Swartwood

The following are exerpts from our contingency plans. The first section addresses overall product contingency and the other addresses field failures. Hope this is of some value to you.

Product:

The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for maintenance of the determined inventory levels and to notify the appropriate individuals in the case of supply difficulties.

Production supervisors are responsible for the communication of any situation that would endanger the on-time shipment of product to the customer. The Plant Manager and Production Manager are responsible for determining the actions to be taken to meet the customer’s schedule in regards to scheduling overtime or any such manpower scheduling issue.

The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the ordering of alternate raw materials or purchased products through other DMP facilities or through designated external sources to meet customer demands. Alternate suppliers must be on the approved vendor list or approved by the customer. Material substitutions of any kind must be reviewed and approved by the customer prior to use. Based on customer requirements short term PPAP submissions or functional testing may be required.

Field Failures:

The Quality Manager and the Quality Department is responsible for dissemination of customer complaint information, leading the investigation, quarantining product, stopping shipments, and dispositioning suspect product. In the case of a recall or substantial field return, upper management, production management, and the supply chain team is notified.

Disposition is communicated and schedules are re-arranged as necessary to accommodate the rework or replacement time. Materials are also evaluated to ensure that the rework or remanufacture of product will not interrupt the current schedule. Modifications are made as necessary to meet the customer orders.

R

r29728

Is there anybody could provide me an example of Fiel Return Contingency plan for engine company??? Thanks!:agree::agree:

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
In our end, we have our management team identify the most likely threats that could occur, which would interrupt the Company’s Management systems and functions. In Contingency Plan the Management Team must identify the likely range of threats, since they cannot identify and mitigate all threats. We classify the potential threats which falls into four main events according clause 6.3.2 “Contingency Planning”
Field Returns is classified as Events. Preventive Measure that the company may utilize is to monitor the yield and quality of the product, through SPC or Six Sigma (it depends on the company who will use it). Contingency Plan in the event that a Field Return occur. First, you need to utilize you manpower in hand, but if you don’t have the manpower, an Outside Source may be tapped to work and analyze the field returns. The Responsible Person is the Department Manager or Middle Manager. And lastly, the Logistics will be the Wage or the Salary of the Outside Source.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Raffy

we are a diesel engine manufacturer, main customer is truck maker, Is there anybody could provide me a example of "contingency plan" to me? which is for field return....Thanks!!

A

anusorn

:agree1::agree1:
The following are exerpts from our contingency plans. The first section addresses overall product contingency and the other addresses field failures. Hope this is of some value to you.

Product:

The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for maintenance of the determined inventory levels and to notify the appropriate individuals in the case of supply difficulties.

Production supervisors are responsible for the communication of any situation that would endanger the on-time shipment of product to the customer. The Plant Manager and Production Manager are responsible for determining the actions to be taken to meet the customer’s schedule in regards to scheduling overtime or any such manpower scheduling issue.

The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the ordering of alternate raw materials or purchased products through other DMP facilities or through designated external sources to meet customer demands. Alternate suppliers must be on the approved vendor list or approved by the customer. Material substitutions of any kind must be reviewed and approved by the customer prior to use. Based on customer requirements short term PPAP submissions or functional testing may be required.

Field Failures:

The Quality Manager and the Quality Department is responsible for dissemination of customer complaint information, leading the investigation, quarantining product, stopping shipments, and dispositioning suspect product. In the case of a recall or substantial field return, upper management, production management, and the supply chain team is notified.

Disposition is communicated and schedules are re-arranged as necessary to accommodate the rework or replacement time. Materials are also evaluated to ensure that the rework or remanufacture of product will not interrupt the current schedule. Modifications are made as necessary to meet the customer orders.

Top Bottom