Contingency Plans - Seeking Example and Advice

S

Sean Kelley

Contingency plans

I am trying to find some example of a Contingency Plan that would fulfill TS 16949:2002 requirements. It will be up to our VP's to decide what they need on this but they need some sort of example to work with. Thanks for all your help.

R

Randy Stewart

Very short and simple Sean, let see if I can attach the file.

Attachments

• Contingency Plan.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,847
S

Sean Kelley

Thanks Randy.

That really is short and simple but is it enough to satisfy the TS requirement. I tend to think our Registrar auditors would issue a minor as there would be something in place but does it truly comply with making arrangements to keep the customer supplied should catastrophy occur.

R

Randy Stewart

Sean said:
but does it truly comply with making arrangements to keep the customer supplied should catastrophy occur.

How would your auditor know? And to what lengths do you need to go? Was anyone prepared for the black out in August? Our contingency plans wouldn't have helped since we would have had to move most operations either across state or out of state. Then is the cost worth it? Can't do that with production parts, you have to re-PPAP for change of manufacturing location (#4 in Table I.3.1). So what is realistic. If the plant burns down not much you can do, but if it's not useable for a couple days what can you do to reduce the impact to a minimum? That is the approach we took and we have not received any NC through our 1st Surveillance.

S

Sean Kelley

Thanks for the help. I think this will be a great starting point for us.

D

db

Stew, I was going to ask about the black-out situation. But you are right in asking how far do you go. Your plan does not include what your actions would be in case the Borg attack! :rolleyes:

R

Randy Stewart

Yes, they would be assimilated by the UAW and with all the grievances due to working conditions, no bonuses and no holidays they would be too busy to care about anything else. In short the borg would cease to exist. As in union negotiations - resistence is futile!

R

ralphsulser

Contingency Plan

Sean Kelley said:
I am trying to find some example of a Contingency Plan that would fulfill TS 16949:2002 requirements. It will be up to our VP's to decide what they need on this but they need some sort of example to work with. Thanks for all your help.

Sean, Here is one we used. Hope it helps :bigwave:

Attachments

• QC-SP-024.Contingency plan.doc
    35 KB · Views: 1,396
Top Bottom