SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Continuing Education for Quality Professional (Online)

M

MikeLQSR

Hi All,

Frequent visitor but this is my first post. So glad I found this site! I just found out I passed the ASQ CQE exam yesterday and with that, I want to now continue on my quality education. My list of certifications thus far are as follows:

1) ASQ CQE
2) CSSGB
3) RABQSA ISO 13485 Auditor

My immediate goal is Global Quality Assurance manager / Director (3-5 years). At this point in my career does anyone have any suggestions to further on my education with new certifications?

I am currently looking into CMQ/OE however I do not think I have enough "professional" experience (requests 10 years). I was also looking into online certifications, but I am having a tough time finding anything which is not redundant to the certifications I currently hold...

So again - does anyone have any suggestions with online courses / certifications for the Quality Assurance professional? Also I want to start being actively involved in the Quality community (conference / meetings / Training / etc) - Where is a good place to start with this?

Thanks so much all - Greatly appreciate your help in advance!:D

Cheers!
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
This is a little off, but as you mentioned ISO 13485....you may think about a medical device regulatory affairs certification such as the RAPS RAC. Quality is part of the regulations (and the RAPS certification is not only for medical device but for drugs, cosmetics, etc. too, so you would have a lot to study), but in the medical device field it?s usual to have QA and RA functions merged (at least at the high levels).

Last edited:
M

MikeLQSR

Marcelo,

Thank you so much for your insight. The RAPS RAC is really very pertinent to my current role and I am part of my companies Global QARA group (as you mentioned they usually go hand in hand in the med. dev. field). I will certainly look into this as I think it could potentially be quite beneficial!

Thank You!!
Mike

K

kgott

Hi All,

Frequent visitor but this is my first post. So glad I found this site! I just found out I passed the ASQ CQE exam yesterday and with that, I want to now continue on my quality education. My list of certifications thus far are as follows:

1) ASQ CQE
2) CSSGB
3) RABQSA ISO 13485 Auditor

My immediate goal is Global Quality Assurance manager / Director (3-5 years). At this point in my career does anyone have any suggestions to further on my education with new certifications?

I am currently looking into CMQ/OE however I do not think I have enough "professional" experience (requests 10 years). I was also looking into online certifications, but I am having a tough time finding anything which is not redundant to the certifications I currently hold...

So again - does anyone have any suggestions with online courses / certifications for the Quality Assurance professional? Also I want to start being actively involved in the Quality community (conference / meetings / Training / etc) - Where is a good place to start with this?

Thanks so much all - Greatly appreciate your help in advance!:D

Cheers!
Mike
Sorry about not being able to recommend courses that result in bits of paper which I can understand you wanting but if you want to learn the knowledge about quality assurance, quality management and application of quality standards then you are already at the best place.

M

maaquilino

Certificates are all well and good, but there’s nothing that beats experience, imo. I have the certificates, but I have learned so much more by familiarizing myself with the standards and by actually doing the job (and I continue to learn new things on the Cove!). I’ve worked in many companies where the Quality Manager didn’t know a thing about Quality, even those that had taken a course or two on it; worse, most didn’t care. These companies seemed to put managers in place in many various departments who had no experience in what the department did and most didn’t care about what standards/policies/procedures we were required to follow – they just wanted product out the door and the bottom line to grow. That resulted in products going out the door that weren’t ready to, a lot of NCs when the FDA and other NBs came around to audit, and some recalls of product. But, by that time, the manager who had made those bad decisions had moved on so they didn’t get any of the fallout.

If you want to be a Quality Assurance Manager, the best thing you can do is work in that area and gain experience; be familiar with the regulations, especially those from the USA, Europe, China, etc.; and read the Cove. Everyone can learn a lot on here from other’s experiences, and this is the only forum I’ve found on the Internet that has this many people, from all over the world, with tons of great experience and the willingness to share their expertise. Best of luck to you!

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'd also consider broadening your education to beyond pure quality...sites such as Edx and Open2Study offer free, online MOOCs (massive open online courses) and some of them are verified (meaning there is proof that you are the one earning the certificate). You can find courses on a wide range of topics - from statistics to teaching adults to social health issues to globalization to computer science and so on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Continuing Education - TPS (Toyota) Training/Conference Opportunities? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
Marc Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and The Cove Forums? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
cscalise Determination of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) hours for a training course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
A EASA Easy Access Rules for Continuing Airworthiness - June 2017 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
Marc The Continuing Decline of Google Search - 2013 - 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 37
F FAA Letter of Need to establish Continuing Need Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
J Dual degree MSQA - CSU online program (MSQA) and continuing a Masters in Biotech Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
A EASA Part M - Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 40
D Continuing Assessment Audit - Recommended for continued registration 13485:2003 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D We completed our first annual ISO 13485 Continuing Assessment Audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
C Using the Cove for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) with RABQSA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 15
B Anyone Else bored with/during their continuing ISO 9001 audits? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
W Continuing Professional Development - Can anyone suggest suitable training material Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Marc My Continuing Thanks to the Moderators, financial Contributors and the 'Regulars'! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
E Continuing a nightmare with the quantity of processes in organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Randy Continuing Professional Development - CPD for ISO 9000/14000 RAB Auditors? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 24
M We need to identify continuing training needs for external source training Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S Education authority requires approval of all courses - Training services provider ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S ISO 9001 Clause 8.3 Design for an education services provider ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Informational FDA Invites You to the 2019 Regulatory Education for Industry (REdI) Annual Conference Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Clear Zinc Plating Corrosion issue...Need some education Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
R Quality Assurance/Quality Control in Education Consultacy Service Industry Specific Topics 14
M Education - Jobs Requiring a College Degree Career and Occupation Discussions 2
A Audit Finding on 6.2.2 - Education Requirements not Verified ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
R ISO 27001 A.8.2.2 Information Security Awareness, Education and Training IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 10
AnaMariaVR2 Value of a Higher Education Career and Occupation Discussions 19
I Education: Master Quality Management & Master Thesis Career and Occupation Discussions 8
L Environmental Targets - Services to the Education Sector Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
M ISO 9001 Certified Education Company - Defining the Product & Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Anybody in the Education Industry? Service Industry Specific Topics 18
G I need education in Quality Management Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
AnaMariaVR2 Warning letter addresses lack of training/education 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 22
V CE Marking for Device under (Research and Education) Non Medical. CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
S Advice on Further Education for Practitioner interested in Quality? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
D HR (Human Resources): Matrix of Competence in USA - Education Level aspect ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
V What documents are required for Education and Training in AS9100 Internal Auditing 3
C Education vs. Training - Training effectiveness program ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
B Interpretation of Clause 7.6 in the Education Field (IWA 2) Service Industry Specific Topics 7
F Realisation of Product in regards to ISO 9001 for Private School (Education) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
D Where/How to Gain Training/Education to Be a Quality Professional Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
D IWA2:2007 (guidelines for application of ISO in education) and good gap analysis tool Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 15
C Plotting identified Competencies, Education & Training Needs into the Training Plan Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
D ISO 9001:2000 clause 6.2.2 e) - records of education ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
C Implementing ISO 9001 in a school (Education) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L Injection Molding Quality Assurance - Best methods, practices, tools, education Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
D Distance Education Question. (Online Degree) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
C Upper Management Education to the gist of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 12
Sidney Vianna Guidelines for Education Sector (ISO/IWA 2) - New ISO Standard ISO 21001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
M ISO 14001 in education organizations ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
D 6.2.2 e - Minimum education requirements for workers? Some never went to school! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14