Continuing Professional Development - CPD for ISO 9000/14000 RAB Auditors?

Randy

Super Moderator
This might generate some discussion.

A. Could participation in this forum qualify as CPD for ISO 9000/14000 RAB Auditors?

1. This forum is sponsored.

2. This forum encompasses appropriate subject matter.

3. Participation can be documented.

B. Who could sign off as the activity provider?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Randy,

Interesting question. I have wondered about that myself, for my ASQ accreditations. In the ASQ, they mention that writing and publishing papers is one means of accumulating the required CEU to maintain certification. In general, what the ASQ wants from a candidate is for them to maintain current knowledge of quality fields and increase awareness in these fields (quality in general). If I could, I would use these posts as a means of keeping current, learning new things, and helping out where ever I could. What merit is it worth? On a personal level, plenty. On the perspective of the ASQ (or RAB or anyone else), the answer remains a mystery to me.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Documenting time spent. I wonder what they would say to a pile of print outs? Not much I imagine. I remember Marc mentioning that you could browse the entire forum on a search to find all your posts. Perhaps a list of visits and number of posts would signify something. Perhaps handing a few select print outs of the discussions would help to support your contention even more. These print outs may also serve to indicate to the powers that be that your input was constructive and in-line with the focus of the organization. Perhaps they will have to verify this, though I'm pretty sure that they won't want to open that can of worms.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You can do a search, but the search engine isn't all that great - it's supposed to be improved, what ever that means, in the next version due in a couple of weeks (well, this current version was supposed to have been an 'improvement' as well...). Don't get me wrong - the engine works but it has some 'quirks'.

If there's anything I can do to help out just let me know.

[This message has been edited by admin (edited 19 August 1999).]

Randy

Super Moderator
I started batting this around because I have to maintain a log of CPD's. In my location (Barstow, CA)there is only so much I can do. The area has limited resources and almost no networking potential (face to face).

Webster defines a 'forum' as a medium for open discussion. This place fits that description.

The main problems I see are:
- documenting time spent, and
- verification.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
IMHO, I doubt very much you could document it to their satisfaction.....correspondance courses count, ASQ conferences, Industry conferences, ASQ meetings.......Preparation of training and presentation materials, and so on are much easier.

HEY MARC....we talked a bit about online training here........what ya say, wanna do it? How much interest is there, guys.....Who wants some online classes offerred here? And what topics?

Anyone call RAB?

[This message has been edited by barb butrym (edited 23 August 1999).]

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I'm game for anything. I have access to a server, obviously, but the hard part is to figure out a structure both for the course material and for the interface. Has anyone done any online training to have ideas on the interface and such? Tests can be on-line forms. Ideas folks?

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm game for anything. I do not have much opportunity for any kind of ISO contact, training or anything else where I'm at. I check this site 6-8 times a day for any tid-bit I can get. I'll probably never get out of the Provisional catagory because of no apparent hope of getting involved in any 3rd party stuff, so all I have is currency to maintain.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
ZDU.com has on line training you can view....neat stuff. My local ASQ section is starting to get one together..i have a contact in the UK that does interactive CD rom stuff..I'll keep you posted

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cscalise Determination of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) hours for a training course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
C Using the Cove for CPD (Continuing Professional Development) with RABQSA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 15
W Continuing Professional Development - Can anyone suggest suitable training material Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
M Continuing Education for Quality Professional (Online) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 6
A EASA Easy Access Rules for Continuing Airworthiness - June 2017 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
Marc The Continuing Decline of Google Search - 2013 - 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 37
F FAA Letter of Need to establish Continuing Need Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
J Dual degree MSQA - CSU online program (MSQA) and continuing a Masters in Biotech Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
A EASA Part M - Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 40
D Continuing Assessment Audit - Recommended for continued registration 13485:2003 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D We completed our first annual ISO 13485 Continuing Assessment Audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D Continuing Education - TPS (Toyota) Training/Conference Opportunities? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
B Anyone Else bored with/during their continuing ISO 9001 audits? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Marc Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and The Cove Forums? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
Marc My Continuing Thanks to the Moderators, financial Contributors and the 'Regulars'! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
E Continuing a nightmare with the quantity of processes in organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M We need to identify continuing training needs for external source training Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
NDesouza No Quality Professional vs Having a Quality Professional Benchmarking 24
M QA/RA Professional Development Suggestions Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
E Preparing for the ASQ CPGP (GMP professional exam), how to revise and remember the vast syllabus? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
kmrcial Any advice for a young quality professional in the aerospace industry? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
M Professional Use Medical Software French Labeling for Canada -- Not Considered Medical Device Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
J Deciding between Professional Use or Lay Person IVD Test - Human fecal stool specimens Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
Sidney Vianna Informational The role of the quality professional - an interesting video by CQI Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
A Any recommendation for ASQ's CPGP (Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) Certification exam questions? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
T New to WEEE Directive - Selling a medical device directly to a professional end-user RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
M Recommendations for joining a professional association and obtaining quality certific Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
J Order and Need for Professional Certifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 20
P ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional is the certification worth it? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
A Professional Headhunters for External Auditors Career and Occupation Discussions 7
S API Q1 Approved Training & Professional Certification Sources Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
S Any suggestions for ASQ CPGP (Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) exam prep? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
Marc LinkedIn Accused Of Secretly Selling Members Professional Data To Potential Employers World News 9
hogheavenfarm Suggestions for next Professional Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
W Medical Device Professional Liability Insurance Career and Occupation Discussions 2
M How to prepare for a PLI (Professional Learning Indicator) job test Career and Occupation Discussions 6
D Please help for the CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
AshleyE QMS Administrator: Recommendations for Professional Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T The 'CQI' as a Professional Qualification - advantages? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
T Is there a Professional Documentation Control Certification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
K Are Professional Certifications meaningful? What of Recertification Requirements? Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
B Language Requirements - Labels/IFU (Professional Use Medical Devices) in Bangladesh Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
L Which professional certification to take [Malaysia]? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
P Medical Device Consultant Professional Liability Insurance (O & E) Career and Occupation Discussions 5
V Professional Certifications for Quality Professions in India Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Q How can a Quality Professional move from Sustaining to Development Engineering Career and Occupation Discussions 1
C Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional (CPGP) Certification Journey Imported Legacy Blogs 5
N Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Quality Professional - Definitions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D UAE IVD Registration (Professional Use Only, Non-A, Non-B of EU Regulation) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
Sidney Vianna Perfect gift for the (very) wealthy F1 fan - Professional racing simulator Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2