Continuing Professional Development - CPD for ISO 9000/14000 RAB Auditors?

Randy

Super Moderator
This might generate some discussion.

A. Could participation in this forum qualify as CPD for ISO 9000/14000 RAB Auditors?

1. This forum is sponsored.

2. This forum encompasses appropriate subject matter.

3. Participation can be documented.

B. Who could sign off as the activity provider?

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
Randy,

Interesting question. I have wondered about that myself, for my ASQ accreditations. In the ASQ, they mention that writing and publishing papers is one means of accumulating the required CEU to maintain certification. In general, what the ASQ wants from a candidate is for them to maintain current knowledge of quality fields and increase awareness in these fields (quality in general). If I could, I would use these posts as a means of keeping current, learning new things, and helping out where ever I could. What merit is it worth? On a personal level, plenty. On the perspective of the ASQ (or RAB or anyone else), the answer remains a mystery to me.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
Documenting time spent. I wonder what they would say to a pile of print outs? Not much I imagine. I remember Marc mentioning that you could browse the entire forum on a search to find all your posts. Perhaps a list of visits and number of posts would signify something. Perhaps handing a few select print outs of the discussions would help to support your contention even more. These print outs may also serve to indicate to the powers that be that your input was constructive and in-line with the focus of the organization. Perhaps they will have to verify this, though I'm pretty sure that they won't want to open that can of worms.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
You can do a search, but the search engine isn't all that great - it's supposed to be improved, what ever that means, in the next version due in a couple of weeks (well, this current version was supposed to have been an 'improvement' as well...). Don't get me wrong - the engine works but it has some 'quirks'.

If there's anything I can do to help out just let me know.

[This message has been edited by admin (edited 19 August 1999).]

Randy

Super Moderator
I started batting this around because I have to maintain a log of CPD's. In my location (Barstow, CA)there is only so much I can do. The area has limited resources and almost no networking potential (face to face).

Webster defines a 'forum' as a medium for open discussion. This place fits that description.

The main problems I see are:
- documenting time spent, and
- verification.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
IMHO, I doubt very much you could document it to their satisfaction.....correspondance courses count, ASQ conferences, Industry conferences, ASQ meetings.......Preparation of training and presentation materials, and so on are much easier.

HEY MARC....we talked a bit about online training here........what ya say, wanna do it? How much interest is there, guys.....Who wants some online classes offerred here? And what topics?

Anyone call RAB?

[This message has been edited by barb butrym (edited 23 August 1999).]

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm game for anything. I have access to a server, obviously, but the hard part is to figure out a structure both for the course material and for the interface. Has anyone done any online training to have ideas on the interface and such? Tests can be on-line forms. Ideas folks?

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm game for anything. I do not have much opportunity for any kind of ISO contact, training or anything else where I'm at. I check this site 6-8 times a day for any tid-bit I can get. I'll probably never get out of the Provisional catagory because of no apparent hope of getting involved in any 3rd party stuff, so all I have is currency to maintain.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
ZDU.com has on line training you can view....neat stuff. My local ASQ section is starting to get one together..i have a contact in the UK that does interactive CD rom stuff..I'll keep you posted

Top Bottom