Contract Auditing for Registrar

G

goose

What are Registrars' paying for "contract auditors" and would this include expenses or plus expenses?

Qualifications are RAB Lead; have passed upgrade requirements for ISO 9001:2000. (No QS experience).

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
its been my experience it fluctuates greatly. They pay expenses one way or another, some make the arrangemnents, some/most reimburse. Pay ranges from 40/hr to $700/day, depending on the registrar and region, and the experience of the auditor. They do not typically pay travel days, so that also may factor in, all based on the contract you negotiate..QS and 14k command more.....as does 17025....personally I factored in more PERKS than $$$ and it was a good choice....the $$$ came by them selves.

J

Jim Biz

Curious

Barb - You've "sparked my curiousity" (SP?)
(Not Prying here just wondering if ---)
Any chance you could give us more detail on available "Perks" ??

Regards
Jim

G

goose

Barb, thanks for the feedback. I would also be interested in "perks" other than $$$$$.

Thanks

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm contracted to a few Registrars, large and small. Right now I get between $500 & $600 a day plus expenses. I get paid for travel days that are longer than 3 hours at about 50% of my daily rate.

My consulting daily rate is higher because I don't nickel and dime it.;)

Not having much contact with other auditors I really don't know if I'm shortchanging myself or not.:eek:

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
perks...guess that was a strange word to use, but they actually are benefits to me.

I only work when I am available, or want to work.....no 2 week/month commitment/minimum

I choose where and when I want to go and get the right of 1st refusal on certain 'nice' jobs.

I get the weekend stay added in, and can bring a companion (no paid flights for the companion). This also helps them cause the flights are cheaper and I don't splurge on expenses that I wouldn't use if I was paying myself.

I can choose to drive (mileage) instead of fly, within reason or fly through a city with a day or two layover (also a good deal for me........I can stop at a client or relative out of state on the way...again at times I choose ):p

I have called up (been encouraged to...) and said..."hey what do you have in xxxxxxxx area the week of xxxxx, I have a wedding I want to go to....and they will find me an audit....even in the UK.

Many just do these things on their own, but I am cleared/authorized and don't need to feel guilty...they were also very generous with hotel phone calls, but I use my cell phone all the time.

I didn't get these for the hell of it, we had a relationship first, i stopped auditing...and the clients wanted me back..........and they knew I wouldn't abuse them...they get their moneys worth.

J

Jim Biz

Ahhhh !! I did wonder if you were talking "Perks" in the sense of unpaid but very valuable work enviroment considerations..

Perks of "choice" - few could put a $$ figure on... and no doubt a reward for a history of work well-done.

Regards
Jim

Top Bottom