Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed

Nicole Desouza

Involved In Discussions
Hello,
I am trying to create a contract review checklist that will mistake proof our contract review / customer requirements review process. We have been making mistakes such as not verifying that we have the latest revision of drawings or not verifying that we have the correct part # or material specs. I am new to this company and they did not have any type of quality system in place prior to my arrival. I would like to see them verifying with a checklist to alleviate future problems.
Does anyone have a checklist that might be helpful?

thanks,
Nicole

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Hello,
I am trying to create a contract review checklist that will mistake proof our contract review / customer requirements review process. We have been making mistakes such as not verifying that we have the latest revision of drawings or not verifying that we have the correct part # or material specs. I am new to this company and they did not have any type of quality system in place prior to my arrival. I would like to see them verifying with a checklist to alleviate future problems.

thanks,
Nicole
Could You tell us what manufacturing field you work at?
So that we can give the right help?

Tagin

Hello,

thanks,
Nicole
It will be specific to your organization and the mistakes that 1) have been happening and 2) are likely to happen.

If there are review requirements arising from specific QMS standard (e.g., 9001) requirements, customer requirements, etc., you'd probably want to include them on your checklist. Otherwise, it is an exercise in risk management; so you'll want to look at those known/potential risks and weigh them against making the checklist onerous and ineffective. Maybe an FMEA approach?

Golfman25

It will really be what is specific to your company. But you just identified what you need -- part number, rev level, quantity, price, delivery, etc. You many just want to mark up some orders in stead of a checklist. Might be more helpful. Good luck.

Nicole Desouza

Involved In Discussions
Could You tell us what manufacturing field you work at?
So that we can give the right help?
Hi,
we are a small custom plastics extrusion company and we have newly acquired a contract to make some aerospace parts. This factory has not been using any type of formal quality management system for over 20 years and the culture is very difficult to thrive in due to the lack of importance which has formerly been placed on overall quality. I have to make very gradual steps in implementation here. I have been trying to study the current culture and capture unofficial processes in writing as much as possible. Implementing something as basic and simple as a checklist is like giving birth to triplets.

Nicole Desouza

Involved In Discussions
It will be specific to your organization and the mistakes that 1) have been happening and 2) are likely to happen.

If there are review requirements arising from specific QMS standard (e.g., 9001) requirements, customer requirements, etc., you'd probably want to include them on your checklist. Otherwise, it is an exercise in risk management; so you'll want to look at those known/potential risks and weigh them against making the checklist onerous and ineffective. Maybe an FMEA approach?
Hi,
thanks for this comment. Now I have another related question. We will need to be ISO 9001 2015 certified as well. Can the checklist serve as documented evidence that we need to satisfy this requirement?
ISO 9001:2015 Requirement

Ensure that the organization has the ability to meet the requirements. The organization must conduct a review before committing to a customer. This review to include:
a) requirements specified by customer
b)requirements not stated by the customer, but necessary
c)legal requirements
d)contract or order requirements differing from those previously expressed

Ensure that the requirements differing from those previously defined are resolved.

Confirm the requirements with customer if the customer does not provide a documented statement of their requirements.

Retain documented information
a)on the review results
b)on any new requirements

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B How to Conduct a Review of Customer Order (Contract Review)? Contract Review Process 5
B Interesting Discussion The legal aspects of Customer Specific Requirements (Contract Law). IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
I Implant Raw Material Supplied from Customer to Contract Manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R Customer Feedback - ISO 13485 Section 8.2.1 - Small Contract Manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
W Supporting the Customer after Termination of a Contract Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
M Tainted wipes maker Triad sues contract manufacturing customer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R 7.2.1 Customer Requirements Checklist for a Small Contract Manufacturing Machine Shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
R Document Control: Contract between my company and customer Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
E Customer Satisfaction - Customer Perception of Government Contract Officers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
G Inspection by Attributes to ensure a 99% Confidence in a Customer Contract Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
T Electronic Industry Contract Manufacturing - Customer notification needed? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Q Question about Circumstances - Customer Prints and Changes after Contract Acceptance Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 12
JoCam FDA Registration for Sub-contract manufacturers Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
E Contract manufacturer FDA requirements foreign company US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
M We are looking for a Contract Manufacturer US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
L Sample Procedure from Contract Manufacturer Prospective ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
I Is the contract mfg. mentioned in legal manufacturer EC certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
S Can a Contract Manufacturer "release" product on behalf of client to the market? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
R FCC certification (contract manufacturer) TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
C Contract Review with Multiple Line items ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
K ANVISA B-GMP Auditing requirements for Contract Manufacturers Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Contract manufacturer MDR Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturing Requirements and Information - Help wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
O Identifying KPI for AS9100 8.1.4 - Prevention of Counterfeit Parts - PCB assembly contract manufacturer AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
M Contract Manufacturers and MDF Responsibilities, ISO 13485:2016, Clause 4.2.3 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Medical Device Master File - We are a contract manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
D Software Validation - Contract manufacturer of Components (PCBA's) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
Ed Panek Moving from Contract Manufacturing to Production In-House ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Contract Sterilization - Our company is a contract manufacturer Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
R Contract Manufacturer/OEM Supplier - We are a specification developer for a kitted product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Legal Manufacturer FDA Reporting Obligations for Using New Contract Sterilization Site Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
L REACH Compliance - Small, family-owned contract manufacturer REACH and RoHS Conversations 16
R 21 CFR Part 820 Contract Manufacturer of Medical Device Component 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Ed Panek Bringing Production in house from Contract Manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S 21 CFR 810 - Medical Device Recall Authority - Contract Manufacturing Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
U Internal auditing - Company employees or contract second party Internal Auditing 10
M ISO 80079-34 certified contract manufacturer needed Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Ed Panek Observational Audit of Contract Manufacturer Production ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Is it okay to store the design files (device drawings) at contract manufacturer location? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Contract Manufacturer of a Finished Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
supadrai Changes to QMS - Contract Term ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
G ISO 13485:2016 and regulatory requirements - Contract Manufacturing ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 22
D EU MDR - Contract Manufacturer vs Legal Manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P Tactics to get cooperation from Contract Manufactuers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
B Non Applications in ISO 13485:2016 for component contract manufacturers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C AS9100D Contract Review Contract Review Process 8
S Contract Packager or Repackager? And can client assume responsibility? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0