Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed

Nicole Desouza

Involved In Discussions
Hello,
I am trying to create a contract review checklist that will mistake proof our contract review / customer requirements review process. We have been making mistakes such as not verifying that we have the latest revision of drawings or not verifying that we have the correct part # or material specs. I am new to this company and they did not have any type of quality system in place prior to my arrival. I would like to see them verifying with a checklist to alleviate future problems.
Does anyone have a checklist that might be helpful?

thanks,
Nicole

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Hello,
I am trying to create a contract review checklist that will mistake proof our contract review / customer requirements review process. We have been making mistakes such as not verifying that we have the latest revision of drawings or not verifying that we have the correct part # or material specs. I am new to this company and they did not have any type of quality system in place prior to my arrival. I would like to see them verifying with a checklist to alleviate future problems.

thanks,
Nicole
Could You tell us what manufacturing field you work at?
So that we can give the right help?

Tagin

Hello,

thanks,
Nicole

It will be specific to your organization and the mistakes that 1) have been happening and 2) are likely to happen.

If there are review requirements arising from specific QMS standard (e.g., 9001) requirements, customer requirements, etc., you'd probably want to include them on your checklist. Otherwise, it is an exercise in risk management; so you'll want to look at those known/potential risks and weigh them against making the checklist onerous and ineffective. Maybe an FMEA approach?

Golfman25

It will really be what is specific to your company. But you just identified what you need -- part number, rev level, quantity, price, delivery, etc. You many just want to mark up some orders in stead of a checklist. Might be more helpful. Good luck.

Nicole Desouza

Involved In Discussions
Could You tell us what manufacturing field you work at?
So that we can give the right help?
Hi,
we are a small custom plastics extrusion company and we have newly acquired a contract to make some aerospace parts. This factory has not been using any type of formal quality management system for over 20 years and the culture is very difficult to thrive in due to the lack of importance which has formerly been placed on overall quality. I have to make very gradual steps in implementation here. I have been trying to study the current culture and capture unofficial processes in writing as much as possible. Implementing something as basic and simple as a checklist is like giving birth to triplets.

Nicole Desouza

Involved In Discussions
It will be specific to your organization and the mistakes that 1) have been happening and 2) are likely to happen.

If there are review requirements arising from specific QMS standard (e.g., 9001) requirements, customer requirements, etc., you'd probably want to include them on your checklist. Otherwise, it is an exercise in risk management; so you'll want to look at those known/potential risks and weigh them against making the checklist onerous and ineffective. Maybe an FMEA approach?

Hi,
thanks for this comment. Now I have another related question. We will need to be ISO 9001 2015 certified as well. Can the checklist serve as documented evidence that we need to satisfy this requirement?
ISO 9001:2015 Requirement

Ensure that the organization has the ability to meet the requirements. The organization must conduct a review before committing to a customer. This review to include:
a) requirements specified by customer
b)requirements not stated by the customer, but necessary
c)legal requirements
d)contract or order requirements differing from those previously expressed

Ensure that the requirements differing from those previously defined are resolved.

Confirm the requirements with customer if the customer does not provide a documented statement of their requirements.

Retain documented information
a)on the review results
b)on any new requirements

Top Bottom