Contract Review Evidence/ Sample for API Monogram Licensing

donhan

Starting to get Involved
Dear All,

We are planning to apply licensing for API Spec 7-1 (to become a threader for Rotary Shouldered Connections products).
We are an applicant of API Monogram Licenses, so we don't have any order/ quotation relative to API Spec 7-1 products.
Do we need to create our internal quotation/ order for sample job of 7-1 API thread product ? It is to be used for Evidence/ sample for auditor in audit ?
Please help. Thanks a lot.

donhan

Starting to get Involved
As per my knowledge and understanding, During the initial applicant of API you have to release the development order for the products which you want to monogram.
Hi Dubey,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Could you please help to explain more on "development order". Who can do it? Can we create the internal order by our departments in company? Example like Management will send the request for quote to Technical Sales to get the quotation then Management will release the order to start manufacturing the products.
Is this can be consider as "development order" ?

donhan

Starting to get Involved
Hi Dubey,

Thank you for your clear explanation. We have one more question on product drawing. In this case, our product is API thread 7-1.

We will apply to be a threader only for "Threading for Rotary Shouldered Connection" so we will exclude "Design and Development".

We bought TDWIN Taper™ -Thread Disk Software for Tapered Thread Dimensions from Gagemaker (gagemaker.com/products/thread-software/).
Can we use the original drawing of rotary shouldered connection from Gagemaker software to show for auditor or we need to re-draw new drawing for thread connection with our company name call out in title table ?

Thank you for your help.

donhan

Starting to get Involved
Hi Dubey,

I still got stuck with "Design". We actually do not perform any design activities in our facility.

I already think that if Design and Development is excluded, we do not need to do anything relative to this, also do not need a design procedure that instruct how to develope a design. Why we need to go with "design Package" when we stated this is excluded in our Quality Manual?

Thank you and hope to get more clarification from you on this.

donhan

Starting to get Involved
Thank you. I'm appreciated your support on this subject.
We will start to prepare "all the background documents, applicable API standards, and the instructions, procedures, specifications, drawings, routings, travelers, checklists, process sheets and changes to these documents necessary to produce that product at the manufacturing location" but except for design procedures, design plans, input elements, output elements, evidence of review/verification and evidence of validation relative to design.
Hope this will be ok.

Top Bottom