Contract Review with Multiple Line items

cbearden

Involved In Discussions
We often get Purchase orders with Multiple Line items, sometimes up to 100 lines...
We've been performing Contract Review (w/ Checklist) for each and every line on the PO....This is becoming hard to keep up with and we have quite the backlog with customers getting frustrated because it takes us so long to acknowledge the order....
My question is, how do others perform this task and would it be compliant to just do (1) CR Checklist for the entire Purchase Order #####????....

Additional info:....a lot of times, these are "part families" with different part #s....

Thanks in Advance for your Input!

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Even with one checklist, you would still have to verify each item, no? What does your review entail?

cbearden

Involved In Discussions
Yeah, I sort of already knew the answer to my question but was looking for a more expedient way of doing this....
Yes, we have to review the Print/Spec/Purchase Order/etc... to ensure we have the latest revisions and that we have the ability to meet the requirements but a lot of these items are repeat work with NO REV CHANGE.....

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
If it's repeat work from regular customers only review the necessities -- rev. level, due date, price. Don't worry about the boilerplate.

cbearden

Involved In Discussions
Yeah, we're doing that (only the necessities), but still getting bogged down because there is soooo many individual PO line items...

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Yeah, we're doing that (only the necessities), but still getting bogged down because there is soooo many individual PO line items...
Well what we do is review each line item for stock, lead time, pricing, etc. Then enter it as an order in our system. Initial and date the original, and we are done. What are you doing that takes so long?

Top Bottom