Contract Review

L

Linda Jurasin

During our last surveillance audit, the auditor issued a nonconformity in Contract Review. Orders are reviewed and entered through our Customer Service Department at the main office. Once an order is entered into the system, it is considered accepted per our procedure. Released orders are transmitted via the computer system to the remote factory location. A clerk at the remote site generates a report of weekly and/or daily orders. She reviews the order information for type of product ordered and passes it on to the factory floor. If an amendment is necessary, the clerk notifies the Customer Service originator who contacts the customer. Keep in mind; originally the Customer Service Representative reviewed capacity, inventory, delivery, etc. prior to accepting and entering the customer order.
At the remote factory, the auditor interviewed the clerk who generated, reviewed the types of product ordered, and passed the orders to the factory floor. During the interview the clerk told him about her job. The auditor stated that she was performing contract review and issued a finding. I am confused with regard to this finding. I should add that I was not at the remote site during the interview therefore could not ask the auditor for more detail about the finding. I understand the ISO standard and have reviewed ISO 8402. In 8402, there is a note #2 that reads contract review may be repeated at different phases of the contract as needed. Could this note be the reason for the finding? Any comments or information would be helpful.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

dbulak

What type of finding was it? Did the person doing the checking of the orders have the proper job description?

L

Linda Jurasin

The finding was against element 3, contract review. The person audited was a member of the material planning area. We state in our procedures and instructions for element 9 that a material planner/scheduler will review production and shop orders with regard to manufacturing planning and production. However, all customer orders/contracts are reviewed prior to acceptance and upon acceptance entered into the computer system by customer service.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
It sounds to me, also, like you are performing quite adequate reviews. You may want to challange your assessor.

A

AJPaton

Originally posted by Linda Jurasin:
If an amendment is necessary, the clerk notifies the Customer Service originator who contacts the customer.
That does sound like Contract Review to me.

However, I'm not certain where the finding comes from. You do have a procedure dealing with the clerk's job, and the clerk is following it.

Only possible finding could be no evidence of the clerk's reviews.

AJP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nicole Desouza Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
C AS9100D Contract Review Contract Review Process 8
J KPI's for AS9100 Cl. 8.2/8.5 - Bids/Contract Review/Order Entry AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
R The difference between Feasibility Assessment and Contract Review Contract Review Process 2
R Review of "Key Data" for contract labs, but SOP doesn't define "key data". Problem? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
S Risk Management during Contract Review AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
V Own Brand Labeling Agreement/Contract Review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Can anyone share Contract Review forms that I can use as record? Contract Review Process 7
S Evidence of Contract Review for External Calibration Laboratory Contract Review Process 7
R Suggestions for a practical way to manage Contract Review Contract Review Process 5
H Explaination of Launch Readiness & Contract Review and APQP Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
P Contract Employee: 3 Month Review - What to discuss? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
H Example of Contract Review for Print Industry wanted Contract Review Process 4
R Involvement of several Departments in Contract Review Process Contract Review Process 12
C Contract Review Template for an Inspection, Repair and Manufacturing Facility wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
I Supplier (Vendor) Contract Review Process Contract Review Process 11
G Audit Nonconformance - 7.2.2 - Contract Review (Review of Requirements) Contract Review Process 16
B Differentiating between "Review of Requirements" and "Contract Review" AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
Tom W Contract Review Definition in a Couple Sentences Contract Review Process 3
K AS9100:2009 Process Checklist (Contract Review) - Feedback wanted Contract Review Process 4
M Request for clarification on ISO 9001 Clause 7.2.2 (Contract Review) Contract Review Process 5
U Contract Review Process help and Software Recommendations Contract Review Process 8
V Contract Review for Repeated POs from Medical, Aerospace and Automotive Customers Contract Review Process 1
I Employment Contract Review - Categories of International Mobile Workers Contract Review Process 1
V Contract Review Process and Feasibility Analysis and Review Contract Review Process 2
S "Contract Manufacturing" - How to review the existing ISO14001 documents ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
C ISO 9001:2008 Contract Review for a business that doesn't have formal contract review Contract Review Process 11
B How to Conduct a Review of Customer Order (Contract Review)? Contract Review Process 5
M Input Request on Contract Review Procedure Contract Review Process 5
S Contract Review Procedure for a Manufacturing Business Contract Review Process 2
D Review of Contract for a Part with a Safety Characteristic Contract Review Process 4
L Contract Review Procedure for testing of samples in a laboratory Contract Review Process 3
A Definition Contract Review - What exactly is "Contract Review"? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 7
L How often should the contract review be done? TS 16949 Contract Review Process 2
F Contract Review Frequency - Is there a need for Annual Review? Contract Review Process 11
J Contract Review - Please help me define the requirement 7.2.2 Info needed Contract Review Process 9
G Does anyone have a Contract Review Procedure I can view? Contract Review Process 5
G How can we clean up Contract Review Contract Review Process 7
G Enquiry and Contract Records - Review and Approval Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Q Contract Review? Superseding Specifications (Handling) Contract Review Process 5
N Contract Review Question - China manufacturing site to exclude 7.2.2? Contract Review Process 6
P Missing Contract Review Records on Boeing and USAir Contracts Contract Review Process 31
S Purchase Order Problems? Contract Review Issues - Sheet metal industry Contract Review Process 6
N Practically implementing ISO 9001:2000 Clause 7.2.2 Contract Review Contract Review Process 10
P Architect's Client Doesn't Know What He Wants - Contract Review Process Contract Review Process 17
N Contract Review Consolidation - Two different manufacturing sites Contract Review Process 2
O Contract Review Procedures Contract Review Process 10
M Contract Review Process - Risk Analysis - 7.2.2.2 Manufacturing feasibility Contract Review Process 4
P AS9100 Contract Review - Can the Sales Manager be the process owner? Contract Review Process 4
K Contract Review Procedures Examples Contract Review Process 15