Control Excel template

tbdennis1

Registered
If we have a controlled excel template for a process; can people add uncontrolled tabs to it? Program Managers continue to add information on additional tabs.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
We would need a bit more information. What is the process? Why is the template controlled (is it a quality record of required knowledge?)

My first thought is that the additional tabs are of some value to the program managers (like sticky notes) and placing them in the same spreadsheet as the controlled document keeps things together. What kind of info are they recording? Is it useful? Should you add this to the template?

tbdennis1

Registered
There are a few examples. The first is the budget form. The form is controlled for the program budget, but they are adding tabs for non captured budget costs and miscellaneous tabs for supplier cost information.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
That doesn’t seem like a problem at all…it certainly isn’t a Quality standard problem. You may wan tot add that information to the “controlled” part of the template especially the ‘non-captured’ costs…

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
There are many audit experts on the sight who may have more to add. But in my experience financial things are not in scope of a quality audit that I am aware of

Top Bottom