Control of Change i.e. process and WI

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

malasuerte

Involved In Discussions
What is required when training to change in IATF 16949 specifically when training to process change?
Sorry...please reread your question and then rephrase. It makes virtually no sense.

But, in general, you are responsible for developing the 'training' needed for whatever element. If you are talking about process change, there could be multiple things that need to be trained: risk assessment, stats/DOE, the tool/document/software used, etc.

When changing a document, Does the change being made need to be called out in any fashion when training production operators to the change? i.e. can I simply make a general statement at the beginning of a work instruction stating there is a change and consider that training?

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
Typically a change is captured in a revision history or change order or something that defines what changes were made. When we train to a new revision document, for minor changes we just have the operators read the WI and document that they read and understood the changes. For major changes, there would most likely be a training session that is documented on a training history form that serves later as objective evidence of training.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
Hi Highway82,

Chiming in with the prior posters…simply whether Aero, Auto, Med etc., details and traceability are key. If not on a mobile device, I could share several recent incidents where a supplier “minimized” the importance and impact of a WI, process change only to be found as the cause of a product issue(s) not suggesting this applies to you, but rather to illustrate the point

hope this helps…
Optomist1

I am in the automotive industry, Our current process is as you guys have described. We have a new work instruction system that is live, changes can be made instantly. I guess I should be asking, what is considered training? Can an operator train themselves to a new or modified process?

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
We used a "read and understood" form to have the operators sign off on when they self-trained. This usually covered any sort of issues further down, such as an operator claiming they didn't "know" about a change (evidence: they signed off and said they did) and also objective evidence during any sort of customer/3rd party audits.

Our system cycles through every step of a work instruction step by step, all data is recorded including operator name etc. If the first step of the WI states there is a change and requests them to accept the change would that be equivalent? Or do the details of the change need stated?

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
I think that depends on what works for you! You want to make sure that the changes are truly understood. If you believe that notifying of a change and leaving it to the operators to read and process that change is sufficient and won't cause issues, then do what is good for the company. It's probably more of a personal preference on my end, but I like to have an outline (revision notes) with training that an operator signs off on. At another company I worked for, they had a very clever idea of highlighting all the document changes in bright yellow so it was very obvious what the newest revision to date had!

Honestly our currently training log system works well and the IATF auditors love it. I don't want to change but I arguing with the director of the company and he makes some valid point. My concern is detail of the training, identifying the training, review and approval.
•7.5.2 Creating and updating
•When creating and updating documented information, the organization shall ensure appropriate:
•a) identification and description (e.g. a title, date, author, or reference number);
•b) format (e.g. language, software version, graphics) and media (e.g. paper, electronic);
•c) review and approval for suitability and adequacy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R Software change control process and defect tracking ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Y Informational Change control process - Major vs Minor change - Active class III medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
B IATF 16949 Clause 8.5.6.1.1 (Temporary Process Control Change) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
J Change in our SharePoint Document Control Process - Is this ok? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
T TS 16949 compliant Change Control Management Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Change Control Process - Deviation from Standard for Parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A Implementing a change for a particular Process - Document & Change Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K Software Device "Urgent" Releases? Software Change Control Process IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 9
Z Subcontractor Assessment - Change control process Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
P Product vs. Process Change Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Change Control Form - Approval process for cross departmental communication ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Q Seeking: Process Change Control Sample Procedure / Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
N Change Control for processes & products Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
Q Change Control Numbering system Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Change control on Tracking Sheet ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
D Engineering Change order vs. Change Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D GAMP CAT 5 Change Control Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Need Change Control Yes/No Decision Tree Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D Change Control - Product Name Change and its associated labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 7
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
R SaMD - Software as a Medical Device - Software change control form ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Change control and configuration management - When to create a new model/part number? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
JoshuaFroud Change Control - Minimum Requirements and Unhappy Staff ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
N Change Control - Compliance with FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A Can change control can be closed if the CAPA is still open? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
S DHF File Change Control Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Medical Device Website Change Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Y Change Control - General Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Change Control Form vs. Document Change Notification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Does anyone have any experience on change control? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
E Challenges in document control, revisional control, and change control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
E Control Plan Contents - Part Number / Latest Change Level FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Document Change Control for a Very Small Business Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
S How to connect NCMR, Deviations and Change Control ? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
V Can Regulatory Head Initiate/Trigger the Change Control for Quality Procedures US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 9
T Change Control Requirements when changing Suppliers IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
drgnrider How to control documents that most likely won't change ever ? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
T Paper Quality Manual Change Control Methods Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
A Company Name Change & Control of Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
L Use of checksum(s) to control product change(s) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
C Change Control Forms Post Software Validation Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
T Searching for books which have content of 7.1.4. Change Control topics Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
C Change Control in a SCRUM World Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
S Is it possible to have a General Change Control SOP and Form? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
H Blood Banking (CFR 21 PART 606) Change Control Requirements US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
K Change Control for Software System that Controls Aspects of GMP Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
E Help with ECR/DCR Document Change Control Software Validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6