Control Of Documents - Recommended specification by our supplier

mazura

Registered Visitor
Dear Friends,

Recently we have our1st TS16949 Surveiilance Audit. One of CAR that been issued by our CB is regarding Control of Documents.

The CAR mentioned:-

The specification used by process operator as a work instruction.
The document was found not controlled, reviewed and approved.

This specification is a recommended specification by our supplier. We have those documents from supplier. The problem is that we didnt apply into our QMS.

Can anybody give me suggestion how can I prevent so that it wont happen again.

How can I educate our staff on this control of documents?

Thanks..

Mazura

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Control Of Documents

Dear Friends,

Recently we have our1st TS16949 Surveiilance Audit. One of CAR that been issued by our CB is regarding Control of Documents.

This specification is a recommended specification by our supplier. We have those documents from supplier. The problem is that we didnt apply into our QMS.

Thanks..

Mazura

From ISO/TS 16949:2002:

4.2.3 Control of documents
......A documented procedure shall be established to define the controls needed......

f) to ensure that documents of external origin are identified and their distribution controlled, and

Ensure that your document control procedure addresses "documents of external origin." Make folks aware of this requirement. Include it in the next internal audit. Verify compliance. Case closed.

Stijloor.

J

joshua_sx1

...after revising your procedure to comply with the requirements, educate your staff...

...educating your staff is making them aware of your documentation requirements & its importance… I guess, still the most effective one, is to conduct an awareness program to those involved personnel… and make verification that they do understand the requirements… :agree1:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Dear Friends,

Thanks..

Mazura

I encourage my clients to creat a simple, easy to do doc control process, then control all documents in the system. If everyone understands all docs are to be controlled, it is easier to manage. There is no arguing then.

Top Bottom