Control of nonconforming services

D

DAWELAH

Dear Brothers, :D

I’m working in services field “Travel & Tourism “and I face resistance form employees to ‎implement control of nonconforming services as per ISO 9001 requirements. They do not like ‎to document any cases of nonconformities What should I do? How can I encourage ‎them to implement it?‎:thanx:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I’m working in services field “Travel & Tourism “and I face resistance form employees to ‎implement control of nonconforming services as per ISO 9001 requirements. They do not like ‎to document any cases of nonconformities What should I do? How can I encourage ‎them to implement it?‎:thanx:

It depends on how corrective action associated with sub-par services was used. If it was used to "punish" employees, the process will not work very well because employees will likely resist. If it is used for the pupose of learning from it to get better, it may work for you. Is that the case?

By the way, whether your empoyees like it or not, when nonconformities are observed, you are expected to take appropriates action. ;) I just hope that you'll find ways to get everyone's cooperation.

Stijloor.

G

gudivaka

It been observed many a times the employee are initially be reluctant, they feel that its extra work, and also this is due to fear of an action taken against them, but once they they are encouraged to do it, they get used to it and definitely adopt it.

In order to encourage them to document, they should be given achievable targets and appreciating them when they have exceeded the same.

B

Boscoeee

My view of this is that you would essentially have two categories of nonconformance internal and external! Internal nonconformances are those items that do not conform to your internal processes and procedures. External nonconformances are those that take the form of customer compliant.

In dealing with nonconformance, it is typically simple to get peoples attention if you place a dollar value on the nonconformance. In the case of internal nonconformances, it is the cost of redoing work such as rescheduling. In the case of external nonconformances, it is the loss of revenue, including loss of good will (no dollar value, but critical).

By determining at what internal dollar level you want to trigger a RCCA, you can focus on those things are really value added.

You should address all customer complaints (feedback) with RCCA.

IMHO, when the employee begins to see the dollars lost by nonconformances, they will over time react more positively to the process you have in place.

Good Luck.

A

arin_23

Dear Dawelah,

Would you please give some examples of the measures you have defined for determining the quality of service you are rendering to your customers? This would enable us to analyze the non-conforming products in a much better way.

Regards,

Arindam

D

DAWELAH

Dear Arindam,

thanks for reply

We measure our quality services through‎ Complaints and Satisfaction Surveys

S

Sam4Quality

You are one of the countless quality professionals faced with this daunting task of trying to convince employees to implement non-conformity control! And I am one of them!

Unfortunately, this is a very common problem in the Middle East, with employees trying to cover up on NC's just because they don't want to be in the picture, or they don't want people's or their own problems to be exposed! This is what their perception is!

With the solution I have tried to implement, whatever little I did achieve was to my pre-calculated satisfaction. Although, the achievement was not ground-breaking; it has helped people begin to accept NCs more willingly!

1. Identify all relevant reasons (which are excuses) for which employees are hesitant to accept / identify / give a nonconformity. By and large, they are the same - They feel shy to expose themselves or others!
2. Strictly use the process-is-at-fault approach NOT the process-owner-is-at-fault approach, unless ofcourse the root-cause boils down to the process owner!
3. Reflect the same in the NC control procedure
4. When internal auditors come to audit you, make sure you are forthcoming for the smallest negative observation with high willingness and taking it as an opportunity to IMPROVE THE PROCESS and gain more knowledge. Ditto for NC's.
5. Conduct 2 training sessions in a month at a 15-day interval - the same training - 'NC Implementation' - but different training name, different approach; the process NC approach. Examples are of great importance here. Use the same real-life examples of your company ensuring the finger is pointing to the process not the process owner, albeit for the purpose of improvement.
6. However, do not forget that the responsibility for closing the NC's remains with the process owner; offer ready assistance (and assistance only) to close the NC's.
7. Notice the difference over a period of 2-3 months. Ofcourse, you will not get any results earlier than this.

If the above does not work, my solution probably worked for just me. :D

Boscoeee has presented a very good solution, however, if you don't already have cost of quality/dollar value determined, this is a separate project altogether.

Ciao. :cool:

M

meo786

Dear,

You are facing the reality about implementation resistance, following steps may be useful for you:

• To motivate the employee for better performance (e.g. if we can’t control our non-conformance our self then other will trace it, mean our external auditor)
  • Train the employee about the value of your organization.
  • Implementation step by step not at once in full strictly.
  • If some your section are doing good performance must be appreciate it by different mean like reorganization, certificate etc, it will help to other for motivation.
[FONT=&quot]Also convey the benefit of documentation for any non-conformance cases[/FONT]

Top Bottom