SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Control of Point of Sale Literature

D

dscumaci

I am looking for some insight. We have point of sale literature that has information pertaining to the performance characteristics of various grades of metal bars. The language used is "Average Properties" and "Typical Hardness" and ranges are given. We also have a disclaimer that states the "information is correct to the best of our knowledge and we assume no responsibility for errors". Can these brochures be considered for reference only and not subject to control? Do we need addtional disclaimers specifically stating that the documents are for reference only? Please help.

Dom

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Batman

When people ask me about controlling documentation, I ask if having different revisions of the document "out there" affects the quality of the process or the product. Generally, if the answer is no, it does not need controlled. From the description, I would say that Sales type literature does not need controlled. If it lists specs and tolerances, and decisions are made based on it, it should be controlled.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
control it by date of issue...give it a date code, if something changes...the newer datecode rules.....its a point of reference with your customer if nothing else...have it hidden on the document somewhere...if it comes up, then ask the customer to read it to you....you know immediately if the item was sold prior to a change. if you need control thats a simple way to approach it... I favor control for several reasons..makes sence to me...you know what to order printed next time...if nothing else

M

matti

I am interested whether sale Form in Adobe on Intranet require to be controlled in any other way than be password protected?
We have a Compliance System where all the Quality and Production forms are number and controlled with a disclaimer at the bottom. The sales forms used in Sales and Marketing are not controlled in the same matter. This are managed by the their own department and only exist in intranet to be filled in and then printed and processed through our sales...
As a stickler for document Control, I need to know if this satisfies the requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Medical Device HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
P Critical Limits for Air Blower as CCP (Critical Control Point) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 6
C What is your point for the RoHS Control in Plastic Parts with Plating? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
G What may be the best way to determine if single point in subgroup is out of control Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
K Must every CCP (Critical Control Point) have a (documented) procedure? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
K General HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Questions Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 8
B Control Chart - Minimum point & average insulation thickness for Automotive Wires Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
L Sorting instruction when point out of control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
A Point Outside of Control Limit for R Chart - This is not SPC...It's GR&R study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D Does the type of out control point indicate root cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 19
S TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) PIP 3:1 RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
S Use of Attributes Control Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
U Appraiser Out of Control Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
Z AS9100 Control of Nonconforming Outputs - Rework Dispositions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar specifications and their requirements for document control. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Z Software for design control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K Quality Control/Assurance in the Metal Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
K Defining risk control measures IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 14
J Warehouse temperature and humidity control EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Jimmy123 IATF16949 Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Control Number for Class III and IV devices Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
J Document Control Metrics Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Controlling Expandable Forms in Paper-Based Document Control System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C UDI Questions on Control Units Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Quality Control Datasheets Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Control-self assessment Internal Auditing 5
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
A Prototype control plan FMEA and Control Plans 2
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
shimonv Document Control Procedure Header Content Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
W FMEA - Current control and occurrence rating FMEA and Control Plans 3
S Which department should prepare the control plan? could you show me a standard regarding to this matter. FMEA and Control Plans 17
G Control Plan & PFMEA Review Procedure? FMEA and Control Plans 8
N What are the software audit and control steps Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
A Fabric roll inspection - What type of Control Chart to use? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C Monitoring and Control Instruments RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
M ISO14971:2019 - Verification of implementation and effectiveness of risk control ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
T Risks arising from control measures vs. ineffective control measures ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 11
J Need Change Control Yes/No Decision Tree Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P IQ, OQ, PQ protocol, and report templates for Distributed Control Systems in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Systems. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
R Risk control measures as per ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
T Linking Control Plans and PFMEA's FMEA and Control Plans 3
L How to add exemption or statement to control of document procedure? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T PFMEA and Control Plans on legacy product FMEA and Control Plans 5
P IATF 16949 requirement - error-proofing in control plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C 8.5.1.1 Control of Equipment, Tools, and Software Programs - Questions about the extent of control of NC programs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Q Version/Revision Control of CAD files Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2