Control of various Ink Stamps such as Acceptance, Document Status, etc.

Bob the QE

Quite Involved in Discussions
For those who work in the AS world I have a question which may appear basic but to me the lines can be fuzzy so I am looking for help. Please put your auditor hats on and give it a shot. Here it is;
In 7.5.3 we have to document the controls for (in our case) stamps used in acceptance authority. The term "acceptance authority" is this very specific to the task of acceptance? We have used stamps to identify ISO documents that have been released to the production floor that identifies these docs or drawings as an ISO document and controls that may be in effect for that document. Not realy the "approval". In our procedure for document control we don't identify these stamps we just identify that this type of control is in place. Do we need to document the control of such stamps? This seems like a long explanation for a short question, but I tried to frame it to make it as clear as I could.

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Desara01

Re: Control of Stamps

:2cents: from Penny ha ha

I believe 7.5.3.is referring to product acceptance and I don't believe the stamp you are referring to is for acceptance, rather identifying a document as a particular type. So I don't believe you should be concerned about that aspect...unless you have some crazy dude who's going around putting stamps on documents or something, wiritng random procedures requiring people to do crazy stuff - come to think of it, that's a funny thing to imagine actually...:bigwave:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: Control of Stamps

To add to Desara's good response, as an auditor I would enjoy seeing some way of showing that so-and-so's stamp was for approving this or that...but I think of drawing approvals as being name(s) in an information box.

Back to having a way to show this stamp is for product and that stamp is for approving something else: It's not needed when you can show via a list somewhere who is qualified and authorized to approve what, and which unique stamp is theirs. Unique usually means a number, but it can have a letter or something in front of it - that's up to the organization.

I hope this helps!

DanteCaspian

Quite Involved in Discussions
We had to have this type of control, in a simular situation.
I use a "stamp authorization matrix" built from Excel. The levels of authority and categories are shown by a simple visual tool using the matrix grid and colour codes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H 87% Confidence Level for the Product Quality Control for Various Products Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
P Import and Border Control of Medical Devices in various countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
Sravan Manchikanti How to interpret '8.3 Control of nonconforming product' for SaMD device while implementing ISO 13485 & MDSAP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
J Control Plan use on the manufacturing floor FMEA and Control Plans 4
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D All Dimensions listed on control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q ISO 9001 8.5.1 - Control of production and service performance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Beginners help with ISO3951-2 Combined control s-method n>5 what is Phi ?? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
C Corrective action for failure in documents control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
B Control chart and sample time Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Control chart for huge sample size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
K Contamination Control - Class Is medical devices (Clause 6.4.2 ISO 13485:2016 (E)) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
J 510(k) for a control kit for an external IVD test kit 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
T Assessing Hazard-Related Use Scenarios where control measures exist through standards IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 25
adir88 Documenting Risk Control Option Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
T Design Control Procedures later in the Development Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
L AS5553 Clause 3.1.7 e "Control packaging material ..................reused" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
K Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Infrastructure: Equipment, Work Environment and Contamination Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Q Relabeler for patent expired product - design control responsibilities? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
J How to make Quality Control plans Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
I Document Control on Log Files ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Tracking Procedure Revisions (Document Control) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
D IEC 62304 Risk Classification - With and without hardware control IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
J Antiviral Mask or Mask to Mitigate or Control Corona Virus Manufacturing and Related Processes 31
A UDI and Design Controls - Labeling change via the Design Control process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
I Control of Documentation Distribution - Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Inventory Control - Any thoughts would be appreciated ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H SPC for special characteristics - CSR - Control of SC and CC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
T Control of downloaded document copies by employees Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Document control ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
O Inventory control ideas - I have an open stock room with a "sign out" book Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
R Process control documents - Context of API Spec Q1, Clause 5.7.1.3 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
D Performance specification as a Risk Control Measure, EN 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
L Form-dependent position prevention control FMEA and Control Plans 1
S CQI-23 - Molding System Assessment - Control of part weight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Change Control - Product Name Change and its associated labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S Degree of control of distributors - PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 2