Control plan for IATF - example?

andrei iuganu

Involved In Discussions
Hello group.
I need your help.
We are preparing for IATF certification and we have discovered that in the Control plan we lack the indications related to "special characteristics".
In CSR the client names these characteristics as follows:

1629447727955.png
My questions is this:
if I have a characteristic "q +", "qc" or "qh" for a dimension do I have to enter it in plan control, nominal value and tolerances?
for a q + characteristic associated with a visual / aesthetic requirement (the area without burrs, scratches for example) is the same procedure done? do I have to add it to the control plan?

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
andrei,

Annex A: Control Plan in the standard says what should be in the control plan. Under Product Control the first item is "product-related special characteristics". So yes, they should be on the control plan. The control method is defined by the organization unless by the customer, in your case you have your control methods. It must have a Cpk of 1.33 or higher for "h", 1.67 or higher for "c". It looks like your organization has the choice of what to do for the other two as long as your customer agrees. If you cannot meet the Cpk requirements it looks like you must do 100% inspection,

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom