Control Plan Question - Are Control Plans considered a Form or a Work Instruction?

J

jkittle

Control plans considered a form or a work instruction?

I have always considered a control plan to be a work instruction.

Our document control person has filed them under forms.

Thoughts?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Control Plan Question

Thoughts?
Hello Jerry,

You can call them whatever you want and whatever sounds good to you.

But if I can make a suggestion...a control plan is not a form.
A form usually requires entries. The control plan does not.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin

Hello Jerry,

You can call them whatever you want and whatever sounds good to you.

But if I can make a suggestion...a control plan is not a form.
A form usually requires entries. The control plan does not.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor.
The control plan form requires entries.

J

jkittle

The template does, but after its completed it becomes a work instruction. No data input used as a quality record.

R
Re: Control Plan Question - Are Control Plans considered a Form or a Work Instruction

We control the template as a "form". After it is filled out it is controlled as an instruction in the folder for that item#. :D

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Re: Control Plan Question - Are Control Plans considered a Form or a Work Instruction

IMO every form is a work instruction.

Every form includes the instructions as how to act. These instructions can be "understood" for example
Name: ----- Date:-------

What is written is--(Please write your name/date in the following space)

In my mind the various "pieces of paper" should be filed according to their relevance to a process and not according to the colour/size/definition

K

Kira_n

Hi,

I agree with Russ. As long it is not filled, it is a form. But when it is filled it is a work instruction.

Regards,
Kira_n

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Thoughts?

Gee, I always considered a Control Plan to be a Control Plan... :confused:

The blank template version is certainly a form, as everyone has said, but the completed ones are part specific documents. I say handle them the same way you handle the other part specific documents.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Customer Part Number Changes - Control Plan Question FMEA and Control Plans 1
L Attribute Control Chart Question - I plan to use to np chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Process & Product Characteristic in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 13
Sonja D AIAG VDA PFMEA and Control Plan training FMEA and Control Plans 6
A Control plan for IATF - example? FMEA and Control Plans 1
S Maintenence related action in Control plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
R Control Methods in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
Jimmy123 IATF16949 Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
A Prototype control plan FMEA and Control Plans 2
S Which department should prepare the control plan? could you show me a standard regarding to this matter. FMEA and Control Plans 17
G Control Plan & PFMEA Review Procedure? FMEA and Control Plans 8
P IATF 16949 requirement - error-proofing in control plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
J Control Plan use on the manufacturing floor FMEA and Control Plans 4
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D All Dimensions listed on control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
G Control Plan - Include the processes for each sub component? APQP and PPAP 2
A Redesigning our process flow chart, PFMEA and Control Plan Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Link between FMEA, flow chart and control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
M Dynamic Control Plan Draft - need review FMEA and Control Plans 2
Ashland78 IATF 16949 Control Plan Authorizations IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
N Control plan evaluation methods - Which methods should be carried over from the PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 3
Rameshwar25 What is a Control Plan at "Material Level"? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
leftoverture Control Plan - Multiple Process Steps FMEA and Control Plans 8
O Difference Between PFMEA & Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
W Purchased Part Control Plan (IATF 16949) FMEA and Control Plans 7
J VDA audit, control plan - My hair is almost gone now VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
Howard Atkins MSAs are now required on every feature of the control plan - IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
Jeff Putman EQI Prelaunch Control Plan - Definition Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
V How to Add Annual Revalidation requirements to Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 5
N Control plan references FMEA and Control Plans 6
L Simple Example for PFMEA / Control Plan Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J Functional group / area responsible on a Control Plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T Should Testing be a separate operation in the Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Annual Layout requirements for PPAP/Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
T IATF 16949 Control Plan and Process Monitoring Requirement(s) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J Why Control Plan Review needs to be Approved by the Customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B PFMEA and Control Plan Links APQP and PPAP 2
A Corrective Action Column in Control Plan and aligning PFD, PFMEA and Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
M Control Plan MSA's - Pressure Gages IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Family / Generic type of FMEA & Control Plan and Symbols FMEA and Control Plans 3
V Do I need to add everything on print to control plan? FMEA and Control Plans 1
H Control plan example format for CNC machining activities FMEA and Control Plans 3
M Mention "according to Work Instruction" in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 3