Control plan references

nitros1

Starting to get Involved
Hi good evening to all.

I recently started to get into control plans, but having searched for Control Plan literature, I found there is not many.

Any reading suggestions or places to look for it?

Thank you all.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Hi good evening to all.

I recently started to get into control plans, but having searched for Control Plan literature, I found there is not many.

Any reading suggestions or places to look for it?

Thank you all.
Can I suggest that you also don't just focus on one part of the process - the control plan. You'll get more benefit from the whole thing:

Process map > Process FMEA > Control plan > Work instructions.

nitros1

Starting to get Involved
thank you all guys.

Im in the automotive industry but I find the AIAG manual very brief, I wanted to know if there are some books out there that cover this more deeply.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
thank you all guys.

Im in the automotive industry but I find the AIAG manual very brief, I wanted to know if there are some books out there that cover this more deeply.
The AIAG APQP Manual, Section 6, Page 41 provides a narrative (albeit brief), and examples of Control Plan pages. I don't consider them shining examples, but it's a start.

Copying control plans is never a good idea; you must make sure that the Control Plan(s) fit your mode of operation and risk mitigating practices.

Look at this discussion thread here: How to develop a Control Plan from a PFMEA (Process FMEA).

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V References instead of Detail - Control Method and Reaction Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
J Control Plan use on the manufacturing floor FMEA and Control Plans 4
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D All Dimensions listed on control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
M Is there any pre-defined Control plan format/template acc. VDA? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
G Control Plan - Include the processes for each sub component? APQP and PPAP 2
A Redesigning our process flow chart, PFMEA and Control Plan Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Link between FMEA, flow chart and control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
M Dynamic Control Plan Draft - need review FMEA and Control Plans 2
Ashland78 IATF 16949 Control Plan Authorizations IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
N Control plan evaluation methods - Which methods should be carried over from the PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 3
Rameshwar25 What is a Control Plan at "Material Level"? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
L Control Plan - Multiple Process Steps FMEA and Control Plans 8
O Difference Between PFMEA & Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
W Purchased Part Control Plan (IATF 16949) FMEA and Control Plans 7
J VDA audit, control plan - My hair is almost gone now VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
Howard Atkins MSAs are now required on every feature of the control plan - IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
Jeff Putman EQI Prelaunch Control Plan - Definition Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
V How to Add Annual Revalidation requirements to Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 5
L Simple Example for PFMEA / Control Plan Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J Functional group / area responsible on a Control Plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T Should Testing be a separate operation in the Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Annual Layout requirements for PPAP/Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
T IATF 16949 Control Plan and Process Monitoring Requirement(s) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J Why Control Plan Review needs to be Approved by the Customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B PFMEA and Control Plan Links APQP and PPAP 2
A Corrective Action Column in Control Plan and aligning PFD, PFMEA and Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
M Control Plan MSA's - Pressure Gages IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Family / Generic type of FMEA & Control Plan and Symbols FMEA and Control Plans 3
V Do I need to add everything on print to control plan? FMEA and Control Plans 1
H Control plan example format for CNC machining activities FMEA and Control Plans 3
M Mention "according to Work Instruction" in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
W Does TS16949 require MSA on all measurement systems in the Control Plan? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
T Software for linking Process Flow Diagram, Process FMEA and Control Plan APQP and PPAP 9
S Attribute G&R for all Visual Controls in Control Plan Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
I Any recommendations on software for managing the APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plan etc? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
F What goes into a Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 1
J Tighter Tolerances than Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
elkel Control Plan Contents - Part Number / Latest Change Level FMEA and Control Plans 2
R Recording Control Plan Changes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K Control Plan vs PFMEA Control Methods FMEA and Control Plans 1
B Need help with a Control Plan for Encapsulation Mold / Trimming / Forming Tooling FMEA and Control Plans 9
U-DOG SC (Special Characteristics) in CP (Control Plan) not on all Prints IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
U-DOG Major Nonconformance - We had a control in place that was not on the control plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
S Do Work Instructions have to be in harmony with the related Control Plan? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
O Process Startup Only items in a Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1