Control Plans - A few control plans that are generic enough to represent the facility

S

Steven Sulkin

In a recent customer audit, I learned about a different approach to control plans. I would appreciate learning how others are tackling this requirement. So, far this is what I have seen:

One control plan for every one or two tier QS9000 firm only.

One to a few control plans that are generic enough to represent the facility. All exceptions (for individual products) are noted in appendices.

Anyone doing it differently? What process have you found to be value added (i.e. help with improvement rather than just meet the requirements)?

If you have a procedure please outline in post or email.

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Steve - I don't know if you've read through: APQP - Advanced Product Quality Planning
But - you might if you haven't.

You can do this in many ways. The 'old' way was product specific. Most of my clients do a control plan for a machine or line because they do more than 1 part. The machine is an operation, if you will, so failure modes will be common no matter what the part - except in some very special circumstances (which I can't even really think of an example to right off hand.

If you download the pdf file, this should be illustrated somewhere around slide 36.

Bottom line - IMHO do 'generics'. Less overall work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom