Control Plans - Painting Facility - QC manager wants to remove some of the specs

S

SniperMan

We're a painting facility, in one of our control plans we do have spec for different gauges, Ph( phosphate) meter, temperature and pressure gauges.
In pH column with have specs., this is recorded daily in our control charts. Parameters, if out of control, there is nothing significant that happens to our process, also we have no reaction plan if pH reading is out of spec, our QC manager says control plan needs to be change by taking away the specs. for pH and leave it blank., but not sure whether its the right thing to do.

Any take on this.:confused:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
:eek:
In pH column with have specs., this is recorded daily in our control charts. Parameters, if out of control, there is nothing significant that happens to our process, also we have no reaction plan if pH reading is out of spec,
I am afraid that I do not understand.
If you are not doing anything with the data why are you collecting it?
Obviously if you are doing nothing there can be no reaction plan.
our QC manager says control plan needs to be change by taking away the specs. for pH and leave it blank., but not sure whether its the right thing to do.
Apart from filling lines in the CP I don't see why it is there, the CP should shoe the nominal and the tolerances and the reaction, if you do nothing with the data then it should not be there.

Please can you explain some more.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
What are your defined Critical Characteristics of the process? pH? What else?

> Parameters, if out of control, there is nothing
> significant that happens to our process, also we have no
> reaction plan if pH reading is out of spec, our QC manager
> says control plan needs to be change by taking away the
> specs. for pH and leave it blank

This sounds very questionable but we don't have enough information to help any further. If you're automotive, as I assume you are, your control plan is required to have a reaction plan for Out-of-Control situations. If pH is not a critical characteristic of the process, you can remove it from the control plan. I'm not sure you can leave it in with no defined specification / limits. Remeber what we are talking about here - a Control Plan.

A

Al Dyer

I sure would like to audit, excuse me, I mean meet this quality manager. If this keeps up, you may be the next quality manager!:D

Top Bottom