Conversion from ISO 9001:1994 to 9001:2000

S

sneekparty

Hello Everybody,

I had a question concerning the conversion that we, Hapam Netherlands, have for achieving the certification of ISO 9001:2000.

We already are ISO 9001:1994 certificated, but now we have to convert our quality system to the new ISO standard. I wondered if anyone as an Idea where I could start best?

Currently I started to make flowcharts of our procedures to make it more transparent. That's the first start I made, but what next? Can anyone help me on the way?

Thanks a lot,
Martin van Zanten

D

David Mullins

Martin,
If you search through the threads on this topic there are very diverse views on what direction to go in.
Before you spend too much time flowcharting, I'd suggest you do a gap analysis and acertain where you don't comply with the 2000 standard. Then put your energy (not our Energy) inot plugging the gaps.

Note - this is a minimal approach to getting your existing system up to scratch. If your existing system is tired and outdated, then by all means give it an overhaul.

D

David Mullins

THIS MAY HELP

9001:2000 gap analysis checklist/tool attached.

Attachments

• iso9001_2000 gap analysis.doc
    228 KB · Views: 754
S

sneekparty

Thanks!!

Well thanks for the document. I will have a look at it this afternoon and then will take the next step towards the certification.

If you need anything in the nearby future don't hesitate to email me....

Thanks again,
Martin van Zanten

Top Bottom