Converting SOP MDD to MDR Noob

Seekingknowledgee

Starting to get Involved
Hello all,

I was handed over the job to convert SOP of MDD to MDR. It is solely on me. And I don’t have experience in MDR.

Can someone please post procedure for the conversion of SOP for beginners. I would really appreciate it. My job lies on this. Please help out.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

chris1price

Trusted Information Resource
I would be surprised if anyone has a procedure that you describe, even more surprised if they would be applicable to your company and your products. I would recommend reading the MDR and guidance available both here and on-line. Then perform a gap analysis with your existing procedures. Use what you have learnt as the basis of the procedure you are looking for.

James

Involved In Discussions
That's a 'how long is a piece of string' question... As Chris suggests its impossible for anyone to answer that. You may get some pointers if you post more information. What is your organisation's context? Do you manufacture devices? Do you run 13485? If so I expect your system will need to change in various ways to meet increased expectations of the MDR.

adir88

Starting to get Involved
You would begin with a process called gap assessment (this is tool is also used for doing gap assessments for updates to international standards).

During gap assessment, you will compare your existing procedures with every regulation in the MDR. You'll review every regulation and figure out which ones are applicable to your company / products (if certain regulations are not applicable, you will explain why they are not applicable). For the regulations that are applicable, you will identify the procedures that are relevant to that specific regulation. Then you will compare the procedures with what the regulation is asking for and identify any gaps. You will then address the identified gaps by updating your procedures. After you have addressed all the gaps, you can say that your procedures are MDR compliant.

Here's an article you might find helpful.

There are plenty of free MDR gap assessment templates are available online, so my suggestion is to start with that (this way you don't have to copy the regulations in a spreadsheet yourself as this is a massive regulation!).

Hope this helps!

Seekingknowledgee

Starting to get Involved
I have read articles and papers and also have seen a few Gap Assessments Templates. Apart from many questions, I have this minor question.

"SOP Gap assessment" is only GAP assessments for SOPs, correct? Or is "SOP Gap assessments" just another way of saying " GAP Assessments" ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Converting Manufacturing Drawings from a Contract Supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
N Converting ETO Residual Limits from PPM to mg ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Converting DMF III into eCTD (Electronic Common Technical Document) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
T Converting an ISO Class 8 Cleanroom to ISO 7 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
N Converting Paper Records to Electronic Format Records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
V Converting Newtons to Newton Meters APQP and PPAP 4
optomist1 Converting Defect Rate To Capability index Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
B Conversion and Rounding Standard for converting metric to english and vice versa Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
A Converting 1-Sided Design Tolerance to a Bilateral Tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
D Converting to Electronic Document Control - Procedure Content ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Stijloor Converting a Bear... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
optomist1 ASME GD&T Certification Test - Converting Coordinate Tolerances to Profile Tolerances Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
J Converting SOUP to "SOKP" ... IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Converting PowerPoint Presentations into MS Word Documents After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
N Thermocouple Calibration - Digital Display vs. Converting the Millivolt into ?C General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
R Converting Best Measurement (BMC) to Calibration & Measurement Capability (CMC) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A Basic Math training - I.e. fractions converting from inches to mm, etc. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
I Converting mG(milli g's of acceleration) to dB(deciBel) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 20
J Converting solid model formats for a Calypso CMM Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Q Curve Surface Roughness Measurement & Converting Ra to Rz General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Sidney Vianna Converting PowerPoint presentations into video - software recommendations? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
A CMM Software Conversion - Converting from Zeiss/Calypso to Brown & sharpe PCDMIS Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
ScottK Learning about converting an AutoCAD .dwg to a .STEP file Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
B Converting from QS9000 to TS 16949 ... HOW? WHO? HOW MUCH? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J Converting torque to pressure - One for the Math Folks Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M Converting ISO9001:1994 to new ISO9001:2000 - Transition ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Converting to Process Audits - Seeking: Process Audit Form layout Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 4
J Table for converting Cp values into corresponding Capability % Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Converting DPMO to SIGMA - Seeking Forumula Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 16
K What to include in SOP Definitions section Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
D ISO 13485 - 7.3.6 Design and development verification - Do most folks create a separate SOP? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D Naming of SOP doc's - Specific to Calibrations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
E SIP/SOP requirements for USB port used for charging IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Anonymous16-2 SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) Numbering Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
C SOP Template needed for ISO 13485 6.3 Infrastructure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C SOP unification. Revision No, Revision history Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Recent changes to ISO 14971 - SOP required for managing standard revisions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
N Agile SOP for SaMD IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
S SOP for ISO 13485:2016 Quality related Software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
R Is it required to have an SOP for external audits? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
J Looking for a template SOP for UDI implementation for EU Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B How to apply external voltage to SIP/SOP IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Sample Calibration SOP for ISO 13485 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J Application of mains voltage on SIP/SOP connectors of medical device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Q Software SOP - Use and maintenance of an ERP system Software Quality Assurance 6
M What to do in SOP Phase of Head unit testing? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
H Should I mention machine/Equipment password In SOP? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
W SOP examples wanted - Soil, Concrete and Asphalt testing ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
F Linking an ISO 31000 Risk management SOP to ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
pashah Looking for Clinical Evaluation SOP acc. MEDDEV and EU MDR Other Medical Device Related Standards 1