Convincing Suppliers to Send 8D Reports and React to Complaints in a Timely Manner

P

Przemek

Hi, I have a few problems with my Suppliers, maybe somebody has any gold ideas how convice supplier for send 8d reports and react to complaints in correct time.

Q

quality.shesha

Re: Problems with Suppliers.

Hi, I have a few problems with my Suppliers, maybe somebody has any gold ideas how convice supplier for send 8d reports and react to complaints in correct time.

What are you exactly looking for?
Try to tell him the use of 8D reports.
tell him a money saving scenario...its uses......

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource

One of the best tools for improvement of supplier response is a face to face meeting. Find out why they are having trouble responding. Maybe they don't understand the requirements. Look at it as an opportunity to educate and improve your supplier base.

G

Gert Sorensen

One of the best tools for improvement of supplier response is a face to face meeting. Find out why they are having trouble responding. Maybe they don't understand the requirements. Look at it as an opportunity to educate and improve your supplier base.

I could not agree more with you :applause: Too often the dialogue between the customer and supplier is overlooked as the key to problemsolving.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

Gert Sorensen said:
I could not agree more with you Too often the dialogue between the customer and supplier is overlooked as the key to problemsolving.

I agree with both of these posts. In approx. 90% of CA that is requested, the supplier either doesn't take it serious enough or they just don't want to answer. That is where the face-to-face comes in to play.

The other approx. 10% is because as the Customer, we issue CAs for everything and those become ineffective, in my opinion.

Q

quality.shesha

I strongly feel, the supplier normally won't understand its importance, and they fell its a waste of time. We need to show them the path to savings..hopefully they may agree...

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

I strongly feel, the supplier normally won't understand its importance, and they fell its a waste of time. We need to show them the path to savings..hopefully they may agree...

I think this might fall under the approx 10% of CAs. If the CA program is to work with the suppliers, it needs to a value to the organization and the supplier. Issuance of CAs to suppliers should be reviewed on the value to both the Supplier and the Customer. I have seen too many CAs issued for things that could have been handled via telephone and/or emails, in my opinion.

Q

quality.shesha

I think this might fall under the approx 10% of CAs. If the CA program is to work with the suppliers, it needs to a value to the organization and the supplier. Issuance of CAs to suppliers should be reviewed on the value to both the Supplier and the Customer. I have seen too many CAs issued for things that could have been handled via telephone and/or emails, in my opinion.

What is CA? is it Corrective Action?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi Przemek,

I tell you one secret to get any stuff from suppliers - get your Materials / Purchasing guys to talk to them; you will get it immediately.

The suppliers are very scared of Materials / Purchasing guys as they fear that they may not get repeat orders. I always direct my emails thru Materials :D

Top Bottom