Convincing Suppliers to Send 8D Reports and React to Complaints in a Timely Manner

P

Przemek

Hi, I have a few problems with my Suppliers, maybe somebody has any gold ideas how convice supplier for send 8d reports and react to complaints in correct time.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Q

quality.shesha

Re: Problems with Suppliers.

Hi, I have a few problems with my Suppliers, maybe somebody has any gold ideas how convice supplier for send 8d reports and react to complaints in correct time.
What are you exactly looking for?
Try to tell him the use of 8D reports.
tell him a money saving scenario...its uses......

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource

One of the best tools for improvement of supplier response is a face to face meeting. Find out why they are having trouble responding. Maybe they don't understand the requirements. Look at it as an opportunity to educate and improve your supplier base.

G

Gert Sorensen

One of the best tools for improvement of supplier response is a face to face meeting. Find out why they are having trouble responding. Maybe they don't understand the requirements. Look at it as an opportunity to educate and improve your supplier base.
I could not agree more with you :applause: Too often the dialogue between the customer and supplier is overlooked as the key to problemsolving.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

Gert Sorensen said:
I could not agree more with you Too often the dialogue between the customer and supplier is overlooked as the key to problemsolving.
I agree with both of these posts. In approx. 90% of CA that is requested, the supplier either doesn't take it serious enough or they just don't want to answer. That is where the face-to-face comes in to play.

The other approx. 10% is because as the Customer, we issue CAs for everything and those become ineffective, in my opinion.

Q

quality.shesha

I strongly feel, the supplier normally won't understand its importance, and they fell its a waste of time. We need to show them the path to savings..hopefully they may agree...

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

I strongly feel, the supplier normally won't understand its importance, and they fell its a waste of time. We need to show them the path to savings..hopefully they may agree...
I think this might fall under the approx 10% of CAs. If the CA program is to work with the suppliers, it needs to a value to the organization and the supplier. Issuance of CAs to suppliers should be reviewed on the value to both the Supplier and the Customer. I have seen too many CAs issued for things that could have been handled via telephone and/or emails, in my opinion.

Q

quality.shesha

I think this might fall under the approx 10% of CAs. If the CA program is to work with the suppliers, it needs to a value to the organization and the supplier. Issuance of CAs to suppliers should be reviewed on the value to both the Supplier and the Customer. I have seen too many CAs issued for things that could have been handled via telephone and/or emails, in my opinion.
What is CA? is it Corrective Action?

Hi Przemek,

I tell you one secret to get any stuff from suppliers - get your Materials / Purchasing guys to talk to them; you will get it immediately.

The suppliers are very scared of Materials / Purchasing guys as they fear that they may not get repeat orders. I always direct my emails thru Materials :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Convincing Management Cpk without Stability is Meaningless Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
A Cosmetic Spec - Convincing Management Visual Inspection Standard is Necessary Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
Y Convincing Top Management on the Value of a Lead Auditor Course ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Tips for convincing general labour that 100% inspection not required Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 18
M PPAP - who me? Convincing a customer to NOT request PPAP APQP and PPAP 14
J Software Justification in a Lean Environment - Convincing Management Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 12
M 8.4.1.1 Register of approved suppliers and requirements when they are customer-designated AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
I Clinical study suppliers (service providers) -- extent of control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D Sharing Suppliers Performance Data with Supplier. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
K Process FMEA responsible For "Make to Design Parts" (Inhouse or Suppliers ?) FMEA and Control Plans 3
S Setting AQL Levels with Multiple Suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
GStough Audit Nonconformances (?) for Suppliers Not Registered to ISO and No Supplier Quality Agreement Exists General Auditing Discussions 24
I Are suppliers required to hand over process validation reports? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 20
Q Approving distributors as suppliers for automotive company Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
A ISO certs from suppliers - Expiration Tracking Method Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 14
D How to handle suppliers that are not ISO 17025 certified ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
H Critical subcontractors & crucial suppliers EU Medical Device Regulations 5
I Good Surface Plate Suppliers? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B Evaluation of suppliers API Spec Q1 5.6.1.2c Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
blackholequasar Approved suppliers under new division ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
I Does BSI require suppliers to be ISO 9001 Certified? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
D Automotive Customer asking for ISO 14001 Certification from suppliers ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
K Need Help With Auditing Suppliers Against ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 50
SANTHSH Consumables, Paints, End-covers, NDE Chemicals & Tools suppliers classification and evaluation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 6
C Do suppliers require regulation? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
adir88 Qualifying Temporary Staff as Suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
T How to rank suppliers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
B ISO13485 Risk managment implementation for suppliers ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
J Outsourced Internal Audit requirements for Aerospace Suppliers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
R Auditing COT's Suppliers / First Post Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
S Recommended software to send Quality scorecards to suppliers (external providers) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
lanley liao Questions regarding the change of critical suppliers and key personnel Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
D ISO 9001 - 8.4.1 Evaluate All Suppliers? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 66
G Approval for tool suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 23
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
M PSA Suppliers - CSR matrix and need the quality manual of PSA APQP and PPAP 6
O How to give a score/yield more correctly to my suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
B General Motors and Honda Alliance - What does this mean to suppliers? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Conflict Minerals - Tin Suppliers CMRT Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 13
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Mylar plot suppliers in accordance with D6-51991 document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T Reaction Plan To Drive suppliers to IATF 16949 registration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
I Approved Suppliers ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and used test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
C Critical Suppliers for EU medical device approvals May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Who should receive the bills from suppliers and vendors, account payable or procurement? Consultants and Consulting 4
P Qualifying commercial off the shelf (COTS) external suppliers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Nicole Desouza Are Shipping Companies Suppliers? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Painted cut threads - ASME Pipe Suppliers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
G ISO 9001 8.4 applied to 7.1.3 - Suppliers of infrastructure requirements - IT and Print solutions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4