Copyright - Links in Posts Leading to Copyrighted Material on Other Web Sites

W

Watchwait

Marc, thanks for your clarification on the handling of copyrighted material. Makes complete sense to me. So much so that if this is truly the case, would we be doing our readers a service by posting any known links to similar "source" material? FYI, I need to access a copy of ISO 14971:2007 Risk Management standard and would certainly appreciate a similar "link".

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Re: Links to Copyrighted Material

Marc, thanks for your clarification on the handling of copyrighted material. Makes complete sense to me. So much so that if this is truly the case, would we be doing our readers a service by posting any known links to similar "source" material? FYI, I need to access a copy of ISO 14971:2007 Risk Management standard and would certainly appreciate a similar "link".
Well, the bottom line is if someone posts a link to known copyrighted material that is in some company's (or other entity's) directory, it's OK by me with the cavat that I, and the moderators, reserve the right to edit out the link if we feel, for whatever reason, that it's not 'appropriate'. Now, I know that's very a vague statement because we may discuss a link and what ever the consensus is will be the end result.

That said, this forum has been here for quite a few years and there are quite a few links to resources. The question of whether a link to a resource is appropriate (spam posts excepted) has never been an issue before, as far as I can remember.

On the other side of the coin, I don't want the site to become known for harboring or trading copyright documents, or promoting copyright infringement. So - People should use 'good judgment' as to links they post here, as well as documents they upload as post content and/or post attachments.

The last aspect is 'Fair Use' content. I'll let Wes put in his :2cents: on Fair Use.

NOTE: As I understand it the different country members of ISO have the right to set their own rules about copyright and which can publish anything they want, regardless of the original author's intent and declare it thus copyright free, even without a special notice to that effect. So, there are some links to external sites where there may be an exclusion.

K

kdsaggi

z-Copyright - Links in Posts to Copyrighted Material on other Web Sites

Can I post, pharmaceutical related training video?

harry

Super Moderator
Re: how to post a video on a forum

Welcome and thank you for the offer. We are basically a people helping people forum and we welcome people who want to 'share' provided the material is:
1. Not copyrighted
2. Not spam
3. Not an attempt to make use of the forum for personal gain
4. Not in violation of our TOS (terms of service)
5. Full disclosure if you are in any way related to it.

K

kdsaggi

Copyright???

Well all free e-books links on the net are of copyrighted books.
so I can't post these links here???

harry

Super Moderator

Copyright???

We need to protect our users. Sometime back, we were forced to ban one poster for posting a link to some blog or e-book related site.

Marc

Staff member
Admin

Welcome and thank you for the offer. We are basically a people helping people forum and we welcome people who want to 'share' provided the material is:
1. Not copyrighted
2. Not spam
3. Not an attempt to make use of the forum for personal gain
4. Not in violation of our TOS (terms of service)
5. Full disclosure if you are in any way related to it.
Good list. Thanks, Harry.

Copyright???

Sometime back, we were forced to ban one poster for posting a link to some blog or e-book related site.
I don't think we banned the person. We probably removed the link.

kdsaggi, the problem is we don't want the site to be known as a place where people come for copyrighted material.

The aspect of external links to copyrighted material is a gray area. It has been discussed, including in the moderator's forum, and the general consensus has been that a link to copyrighted materials on another site is allowed. My position is it is the responsibility of the other site to control the content there.

That said, our main purpose here is discussion and sharing non-copyrighted materials.

What e-books are you thinking of linking to?

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Re: External Links to Copyrighted Material

Is it yours? Can you give us some details of what you want to post? Do you want to post it here or provide an external link to it?

NOTE: Links to files you post on Rapidshare is not allowed, nor are links to your blog in posts.

K

kdsaggi

Re: External Links to Copyrighted Material

I have recently post a video link which is uploaded by me on youtube. I have created this video from a ppt file.
Please check out it is useful, can I post more link this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheMightyWife Copyright for articles used in CER (Clinical Evaluation Report) EU Medical Device Regulations 16
Sam Lazzara USA Federal Court Upholds Copyright Protections for Standards Organizations Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
M I am looking for the text of the copyright 'rules' for AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
M Plagiarism & Copyright Infringement Discussion Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 20
Marc Surprise! American ISPs to launch massive copyright spying scheme on July 12 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Hershal This morning I received notification that I have my third copyright Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
Marc Copyright - Including Copyrighted Material from other Websites or Sources in Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 12
Q AIAG Standards - What promotes copyright infringement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Intranet Communication of Standards Guidelines - Copyright Aspects Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Marc Copyright - 'Ownership' of Post Content and Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 2
P ASTM copyright infringement? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
A ISO Standards - Copyright Limitations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
S Reproducing parts of a standard in a Procedure - copyright infringement? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Q The best way to view standards for free without violating copyright Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 17
T How much can you "copy" before violating the copyright Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 22
J Z (Archived) Copyright - Cut and Paste Copyright Issues Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 46
JWenmeekers Copyright reminder Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
CarolX Copyright Material vs. File Sharing - Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 14
M Informational Links to recognized / harmonised / consensus Standards for each market Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
T Where can I get a PPAP workbook in Excel .xls with links? APQP and PPAP 1
B PFMEA and Control Plan Links APQP and PPAP 2
B Does anyone have links to one sided CPK files? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
C Key Links (Library) to search for updated Clinical Data (Is & IIa) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
D Seeking Equipment Verification Standard Procedure books/guide/links Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
SteveK World Health Organisation ? Medical Device Publications Links Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Ajit Basrur Links to Global Health Authorities and Organizations US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Feedback from reading Jennifer Kirley's suggested 'motivation' reading links The Reading Room 2
Marc Broken links in food-safety chain hid peanut plants' risks Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 20
B Continuous improvement and Management review process links ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
J Floworks and Losing Links Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
Q Material, Links & Information on some basic exercise on PC DMIS & CMM Metrology Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
sathis References, links to Work Measurement, Time Study Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
BradM A Web Page with Common Internet Web Site Links as Icons After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
H Links in Posts - Post Counts and Active Links in Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 8
C Control Plan - Links to Customer Documents (e.g. Print) or the Actual Specifications? FMEA and Control Plans 22
Wes Bucey More reasons to think before clicking on links After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
Howard Atkins OEM Customer-Specific Requirements - IATF - Web Site Links Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
S FMEA, CP, SPC & MSA relationships and links (APQP Elements) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
B Links between Process Flow, Process FMEA and Control Plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
WALLACE Subliminal teaching and training methods - Seeking Links / Resources Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
Govind ASQ Certifications Sample Exams & Links Professional Certifications and Degrees 31
J Software which links Process FMEA (PFMEA), Control Plan and Flow Chart Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 9
Claes Gefvenberg Web Cams - Share and Review your favourite Web Cams links! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
Q Outsourcing & the Control Plan (Ours and the Subcontractor's) - Links, etc. APQP and PPAP 10
I ISO 9001:2000 Graphical Icons - Looking for icons / graphics I can use it as links Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D Navigating by Hyper Links Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Howard Atkins Public Links to Delphi Supplier Requirements on the Web Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
A Process Tool Attached - 'Process title page' to describe all links, COPs, MOPs, SOPs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
I Links between ISO 9K:2K ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Seeking: Links or materials about Shainan techniques Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1