Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Copyright - Links in Posts Leading to Copyrighted Material on Other Web Sites

W

Watchwait

Marc, thanks for your clarification on the handling of copyrighted material. Makes complete sense to me. So much so that if this is truly the case, would we be doing our readers a service by posting any known links to similar "source" material? FYI, I need to access a copy of ISO 14971:2007 Risk Management standard and would certainly appreciate a similar "link".

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Re: Links to Copyrighted Material

Marc, thanks for your clarification on the handling of copyrighted material. Makes complete sense to me. So much so that if this is truly the case, would we be doing our readers a service by posting any known links to similar "source" material? FYI, I need to access a copy of ISO 14971:2007 Risk Management standard and would certainly appreciate a similar "link".
Well, the bottom line is if someone posts a link to known copyrighted material that is in some company's (or other entity's) directory, it's OK by me with the cavat that I, and the moderators, reserve the right to edit out the link if we feel, for whatever reason, that it's not 'appropriate'. Now, I know that's very a vague statement because we may discuss a link and what ever the consensus is will be the end result.

That said, this forum has been here for quite a few years and there are quite a few links to resources. The question of whether a link to a resource is appropriate (spam posts excepted) has never been an issue before, as far as I can remember.

On the other side of the coin, I don't want the site to become known for harboring or trading copyright documents, or promoting copyright infringement. So - People should use 'good judgment' as to links they post here, as well as documents they upload as post content and/or post attachments.

The last aspect is 'Fair Use' content. I'll let Wes put in his :2cents: on Fair Use.

NOTE: As I understand it the different country members of ISO have the right to set their own rules about copyright and which can publish anything they want, regardless of the original author's intent and declare it thus copyright free, even without a special notice to that effect. So, there are some links to external sites where there may be an exclusion.

K

kdsaggi

z-Copyright - Links in Posts to Copyrighted Material on other Web Sites

Can I post, pharmaceutical related training video?

harry

Super Moderator
Re: how to post a video on a forum

Welcome and thank you for the offer. We are basically a people helping people forum and we welcome people who want to 'share' provided the material is:
1. Not copyrighted
2. Not spam
3. Not an attempt to make use of the forum for personal gain
4. Not in violation of our TOS (terms of service)
5. Full disclosure if you are in any way related to it.

K

kdsaggi

Copyright???

Well all free e-books links on the net are of copyrighted books.
so I can't post these links here???

harry

Super Moderator

Copyright???

We need to protect our users. Sometime back, we were forced to ban one poster for posting a link to some blog or e-book related site.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin

Welcome and thank you for the offer. We are basically a people helping people forum and we welcome people who want to 'share' provided the material is:
1. Not copyrighted
2. Not spam
3. Not an attempt to make use of the forum for personal gain
4. Not in violation of our TOS (terms of service)
5. Full disclosure if you are in any way related to it.
Good list. Thanks, Harry.

Copyright???

Sometime back, we were forced to ban one poster for posting a link to some blog or e-book related site.
I don't think we banned the person. We probably removed the link.

kdsaggi, the problem is we don't want the site to be known as a place where people come for copyrighted material.

The aspect of external links to copyrighted material is a gray area. It has been discussed, including in the moderator's forum, and the general consensus has been that a link to copyrighted materials on another site is allowed. My position is it is the responsibility of the other site to control the content there.

That said, our main purpose here is discussion and sharing non-copyrighted materials.

What e-books are you thinking of linking to?

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Re: External Links to Copyrighted Material

Is it yours? Can you give us some details of what you want to post? Do you want to post it here or provide an external link to it?

NOTE: Links to files you post on Rapidshare is not allowed, nor are links to your blog in posts.

K

kdsaggi

Re: External Links to Copyrighted Material

I have recently post a video link which is uploaded by me on youtube. I have created this video from a ppt file.
Please check out it is useful, can I post more link this?

Top Bottom