Copyright reminder

J

JWenmeekers

A reminder popped up on my planner today.

Like to share this.

Have you remembered to update your copyrights?

This is something that many people forget to do and while not essential it does help your case in copyright matters and can be an important piece of protection.

HTH

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm not sure what your intent is in posting the above, but remember this is a 'copy free' web site.

My opinion: Copyrights do not work any more than patents work, except to enrich a few at the expense of many, and both inhibit innovation and progress.

J

JWenmeekers

Marc said:
I'm not sure what your intent is in posting the above, but remember this is a 'copy free' web site.

My opinion: Copyrights do not work any more than patents work, except to enrich a few at the expense of many, and both inhibit innovation and progress.

I'm aware of that, and if the gentle reminder was inappropiate, please forgive me and remove the post.

Two of my customers had huge troubles in the past with a not 'updated' copyright on their website.
I know several members has a website, hence the 'reminder' sharing.

Respectfully.

JW

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
No big deal - Just want to make sure everyone here knows that what they share here is public domain. I don't claim rights to the material as almost every other web site does. The Elsmar Cove is unique in that respect.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Just a minor sidenote:
we all agree the material contained in our posts is "copyright free," but occasionally, I get a nasty surprise when I see direct quotes of my material (I have a pretty unique writing style) passed off in someone else's report or other writing as their own work without attribution to me for the original phrasing, let alone the thought behind the phrasing.

Having passed through all the rigors of academia where plagiarism was bad enough, but getting caught was the ultimate shame and could get one summarily fired, despite tenure, I find myself bristling when I spot it.

As Marc says, though, that's part of the terms of service for visiting and posting here and thus I swallow my pride and assuage my bruised ego with another margarita.

I also derive some comfort from an inside joke that traveled around the "publish or perish" milieu:
"Being plagiarized is the ultimate flattery!"

Top Bottom