Corporate Manual - Global Multi-Site ISO9001:2015 Certification

My organization is global with all sites being ISO9001:2008 certified. I've been tasked with implementing 1 quality assurance program globally. I was thinking of setting it up with a corporate manual to define the purpose of 1 global quality program and then defining the organization (Of course their will be site-level processes and procedures/work instructions that will be maintained at each location):
4.0 Context of the Organization
Defined globally of the organization
5.0 Leadership
Quality Policy
Vision Statement
Mission Statement
Organizational Chart (Titles only)
Strategic Direction
6.0 Planning
Change Management Procedure
Site-Level Risk/Opportunity Matrix
Corporate KPI's identified
7.0 Support
Corporate procedures for Document Control, Nonconformity, Audits, and Performance Reviews
8.0 Operation
Site-level processes identified
Site-level work instructions
9.0 Performance Evaluation
Conducted at site-level
Conducted at corporate level
10.0 Improvement
Conducted at site-level
Conducted at corporate level
Am I on the right track?
Thanks for the help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

cferrer

Involved In Discussions
You have probably already successfully implemented your global quality system and are maybe currently running it. This is an interesting topic. I wonder why noone commented. In any case, for what it's worth, I do think you were on the right track.

I would be interested in hearing how it turned out.

Greetings

cferrer

Involved In Discussions
I dont disagree with that. The configuration and structure of any management system must be tailored to the needs of the organization and must support strategic goals. Any efforts to implement systems that do not meet these two requirements are futile.

However, the architetural aspects of estabilishing a multi-organization (and international) management system are both challenging and interesting. Therefore, I find the innitiative from lokiboy to ask for ideas and input totally natural. I am still interested to know how they layed out their management system and if they have any lessons learned to share with the community.

Greetings,
CF

Randy

Super Moderator
I dont disagree with that. The configuration and structure of any management system must be tailored to the needs of the organization and must support strategic goals. Any efforts to implement systems that do not meet these two requirements are futile.

However, the architetural aspects of estabilishing a multi-organization (and international) management system are both challenging and interesting. Therefore, I find the innitiative from lokiboy to ask for ideas and input totally natural. I am still interested to know how they layed out their management system and if they have any lessons learned to share with the community.

Greetings,
CF
Agreed but here's the deal the way I see it, and I did see it just this week for another multi-site international (oh yeah this week an integrated EMS/QMS), the proposed approach isn't unique, it works just like he has it drawn up....It's another pea in the pod so to speak.

All he has to do is implement and effectively control..........Old news anyway and 4 years ago it probably wasn't that interesting is why it wasn't commented on.

cferrer

Involved In Discussions
Well, there has been indeed some interest on similar topics such as merging or integrating several QMSs, or manuals or companies. I found good information in the following threads:

Merging QM of 3 biz

Merging two QMS after acquisition

Quality Manual after merging

Merging site under one AS9100

Merging 2 Sites into 1

Merging after acquisition

Merging Multiple systems

Merging two document control systems - small companies

Merging companies compliance

Merging of 2 registrations

But thanks for your input.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Control and Revision of a Corporate QA Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T What is difference between a Corporate Quality Manual and TQM? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Quality Manual for Corporate umbrella certification Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
M Corporate Quality Manual - Any advice on this challenge? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
B Advantages of a corporate certification scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
U IT Process is Taken From company and Added to Corporate Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
N IATF 16949 - Mandatory Corporate Documents IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
julsbear Corporate Services as Externally Provided Service IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J What does "Corporate stewardship" mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
sutie What is Ethics Escalation (“Whistle-Blowing”) Policy - Corporate Responsibility IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J Supplier is dictated to us by corporate Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
K Gage Calibration - Corporate Scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
RoxaneB Fighting Corporate Memory Loss Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
C ISO9001: Moving from site certification to corporate certification Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
G Setting up a corporate umbrella QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S Internal Audits of QMS Corporate Basics at the Local Plant Level ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Steps to Preserve ISO 9001 Certification during Corporate Acquisition? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Question on Corporate Audit Scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D How do I make the Corporate QMS work in the manufacturing setting? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
N Corporate direction - External Auditor Influenced by Corporate Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J How to calculate Surveillance Audit Days in Corporate Audit Scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
C Audit of the Corporate Audit Program 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Q TS 16949 Manufacturing Site uses ISO 9001 Corporate Laboratory IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Y Can't meet PEAR goals because of Corporate MGMT... Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
U Customer Audit Nonconformity on Internal Audit Program done by Corporate QA General Auditing Discussions 19
D Whither Corporate Social Responsibility Imported Legacy Blogs 2
Sidney Vianna Cleaning up the Global Compact: Dealing with Corporate Free Riders Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
Q Management Review Inputs - Production Site under a Corporate Certification Scheme Management Review Meetings and related Processes 9
M Corporate Procedures and their effects on Companies they Own Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
B Corporate Goal about ISO 9001 Registrar Audits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
G Corporate Documents cover local facility - How many departments can I exempt? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
C 9001 Corporate Quality Audit - Yearly Audit on the Individual Business Units General Auditing Discussions 4
V Corporate Quality Management System - Structure, Pros and Cons? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
J What are the Processes under Strategic Corporate Planning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P What is the status of, and requirements of Corporate Social Responsibility Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M ISO 13485 Multiple Site Registration - Corporate HQ is listed as a subsidiary ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
somashekar Driving CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Performance down the Supply Chain Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
Q Spin Off and Divestment from Corporate - What to expect Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
M Mixed Use of Corporate and Site Level Procedures and Forms in the Quality System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Stijloor The Road to Corporate Responsibility: An Automotive Conference World News 0
Marc WikiLeaks Julian Assange Wants To Spill Your Corporate Secrets World News 6
D Tobacco and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Imported Legacy Blogs 2
J ISO9001 and Corporate Governance - ISO 37000 being developed to guide standardized Corporate Governance (updated thread March 2019) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 12
K Corporate Volunteer Policy examples wanted Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
N New Seven Management Tools - Corporate Objective - Achieve 20% sales increase Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
P Corporate Social Responsibility as an essential element to sustain a business Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 19
N SA 8000 Awareness contribution to Corporate Social Responsibility slides request Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
automoto Corporate Audit Scheme - 4 companies at different sites IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
G Corporate Manager - Job Duties and Responsibilities Career and Occupation Discussions 7