Corporate/Multi-site Registrations

M

Mark W

Could somebody clearify for me the main advantages/disadvantages of certifying to QS-9000 as either a corporate scheme or certifying each site independently. In particular, how should I interpret the condition that the quality system must be centrally structured and managed? Does this imply that the Level I and II documents must be identical for each site with a corporate scheme, since I believe there is only one document review for this type of certification? How about a comparison of typical costs for a company with a corporate division and two manufacturing facilities located accross the country from each other.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I would first check out this thread: http://elsmar.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000078.html

While it is kinda long and it is in regard to ISO9001 multi-site registrations, it is a good general discussion of multi-site registrations.

My personal opinion is a site by site registration. But you have to look at everything. As in FedEx's case, there can be a significant cost factor. Motorola's semi-conductor sector did QS9000 - all facilities on one certificate.

After you've read the thread, come back to this thread and ask your remaining questions. I'll try to answer them.

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 17 July 1999).]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Corporate Manual - Global Multi-Site ISO9001:2015 Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
U IT Process is Taken From company and Added to Corporate Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
N IATF 16949 - Mandatory Corporate Documents IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
julsbear Corporate Services as Externally Provided Service IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J What does "Corporate stewardship" mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
S What is Ethics Escalation (“Whistle-Blowing”) Policy - Corporate Responsibility IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J Supplier is dictated to us by corporate Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
K Gage Calibration - Corporate Scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
RoxaneB Fighting Corporate Memory Loss Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
C ISO9001: Moving from site certification to corporate certification Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
G Setting up a corporate umbrella QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S Internal Audits of QMS Corporate Basics at the Local Plant Level ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Steps to Preserve ISO 9001 Certification during Corporate Acquisition? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R Question on Corporate Audit Scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D How do I make the Corporate QMS work in the manufacturing setting? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
N Corporate direction - External Auditor Influenced by Corporate Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J How to calculate Surveillance Audit Days in Corporate Audit Scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
C Audit of the Corporate Audit Program 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Q TS 16949 Manufacturing Site uses ISO 9001 Corporate Laboratory IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Y Can't meet PEAR goals because of Corporate MGMT... Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
U Customer Audit Nonconformity on Internal Audit Program done by Corporate QA General Auditing Discussions 19
D Whither Corporate Social Responsibility Imported Legacy Blogs 2
Sidney Vianna Cleaning up the Global Compact: Dealing with Corporate Free Riders Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 2
Q Management Review Inputs - Production Site under a Corporate Certification Scheme Management Review Meetings and related Processes 9
M Corporate Procedures and their effects on Companies they Own Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
B Corporate Goal about ISO 9001 Registrar Audits ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
G Corporate Documents cover local facility - How many departments can I exempt? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
C 9001 Corporate Quality Audit - Yearly Audit on the Individual Business Units General Auditing Discussions 4
V Corporate Quality Management System - Structure, Pros and Cons? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
J What are the Processes under Strategic Corporate Planning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P What is the status of, and requirements of Corporate Social Responsibility Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
C Control and Revision of a Corporate QA Manual ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M ISO 13485 Multiple Site Registration - Corporate HQ is listed as a subsidiary ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
somashekar Driving CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Performance down the Supply Chain Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
Q Spin Off and Divestment from Corporate - What to expect Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
M Mixed Use of Corporate and Site Level Procedures and Forms in the Quality System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Stijloor The Road to Corporate Responsibility: An Automotive Conference World News 0
Marc WikiLeaks Julian Assange Wants To Spill Your Corporate Secrets World News 6
T What is difference between a Corporate Quality Manual and TQM? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Tobacco and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Imported Legacy Blogs 2
J ISO9001 and Corporate Governance - ISO 37000 being developed to guide standardized Corporate Governance (updated thread March 2019) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 12
K Corporate Volunteer Policy examples wanted Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
N New Seven Management Tools - Corporate Objective - Achieve 20% sales increase Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
P Corporate Social Responsibility as an essential element to sustain a business Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 19
D Quality Manual for Corporate umbrella certification Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
N SA 8000 Awareness contribution to Corporate Social Responsibility slides request Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
automoto Corporate Audit Scheme - 4 companies at different sites IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
G Corporate Manager - Job Duties and Responsibilities Career and Occupation Discussions 7
Q Enterprise company sharing corporate procedures? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5