Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection

Hi all! I have to conduct an MSA study on a visual inspection system where cameras make an ok/nok decision about parts and the operator has no infulence on the inspection at all. I have some limited experience on MSA studies but in this case I'm not sure which type would be appropriate. Can you please help me on this one?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
You could perform an attribute agreement study, but I would dig a little deeper. In many cases, an automated inspection device is actually recording continuous data and comparing that data against a numerical specification then displaying a Pass/Fail to the operator. Often you can gain access to that data and perform a standard R&R study.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J MSA Emergency - PV%=100(PV/TOL)in American? And that is correct? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
C Correct Calibration Method for Dial Depth Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
K AS9100 - 7.3 - Are these black and white questions with specific correct answers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
E Correct way to certify hydrostatic testing when it is not 100% (and Sample Size) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
R What is the correct way to refer to NIST? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 4
M NANDO codes of products - These are not the GMDN codes, correct? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K The correct way of doing a 2 Sample T test Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
B PED 2014/68/EU - Is this Traceability audit finding correct? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
K Assigning the Correct Procedures Applicable to Job Titles General Auditing Discussions 15
JoshuaFroud How important is using the "correct" GMDN? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 13
M Specifications Aerospace - Who is responsible for providing the correct specification(s) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
supadrai OEM Changing the name of the manufacturer - length of process? Is 1-3 months correct? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J How long should I have to correct an audit finding? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 7
E SPC for Dummies - The correct meaning of all the graphs Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C UDI Label Verification - How do we ensure the barcode is correct and prove it? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
N Correct reading for analog pressure gauge ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
J How to measure process quality? Is DPPM the correct metric? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
P The correct way to do a Linearity and Stability Study on a Critical Dimension Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
L Choosing the correct Distribution for Acceptance Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 19
A Safety Shoes & Temporary Workers - Is it correct to reuse again or not? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 11
S Definition MTBF and MCBF Correct Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
T What is the correct UMDNS Code for Tracheostomy Tube? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
E Correct Statistical Test comparing 2 Groups Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
N What is the easiest way to verify we have the correct customer supplied materials? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D The correct way to analyze Skewed Data using Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
C Rolling the correct M8 1.25 Pin Thread Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
E Database search is correct to capture medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Choosing the correct Elisa Test Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
J TS 16949 - Which definition of Automotive is correct? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
L Correct Sample Size for Attribute Gage R&R (Good / Bad parts) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
R Correct Cable Ports After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
S Is it gramatically correct to say Singapore people or Singaporeans ? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
H Determining the Correct Sample Size when AQL points to two Sample Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 7
J How IAQG plans to ensure that correct PEAR level determination is done by Auditors? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K AS9102 Form 3 for Assemblies - Verification that the Assembly is Correct AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
F Can you tell me if this table is correct? Gage R&R Problems Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
T Is the following flow for Training Needs Analysis correct? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
M Calculating Cp and Cpk - Is my calculation correct? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
J Are my Cpk and Cp Calculations Correct? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
D What is the correct Working Standard for Digital Micrometer? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 21
T Correct use of NPT (National Pipe Thread) Thread Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
R First Pass Yield - Am I doing correct the First Pass Yield Metric Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
C Correct Tool for Gage R&R - Assay Dilutions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B How to Correct Bad Employee Performance-Attendance and/or Tardiness Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 84
R How to determine the correct Sample Frequency for SPC Features Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 66
Q Latest ISO 9001:2008 Rev. E - Correct? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
bobdoering The CORRECT steps to implement an SPC chart Imported Legacy Blogs 16
E Orthographic Projection - Which view is correct? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
M Calculating correct Cpk - Getting different answers Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3