Discrepancy: "Evidence of hydraulic leak on right main landing gear."
Corrective Action: "Evidence removed."

Discrepancy: "Number three engine missing."
Corrective Action: "Engine found on right wing after brief search."

Discrepancy: "DME volume unbelievably loud."
Corrective Action: "Volume set to more believable level."

Discrepancy: Dead bugs on windshield.
Corrective Action: Live bugs on order.

Discrepancy: Autopilot in altitude hold mode produces a 200 fpm descent.
Corrective Action: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

Discrepancy: IFF inoperative.
Corrective Action: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.

Discrepancy: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
Corrective Action: That's what they're there for.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
This stuff is hilarious and true.

I come from aviation - 17 years and 4000+ hours in helicopters and I saw this everyday as a QC/Technical Inspector.

I even saw "VHF radio does not rcv/trnsmt in OFF position" (written by Army Captain).

I have even seen some of this kind of stuff written into civilian log books.

Great stuff.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You're welcome to add any your know of. I like these things - make me laff like h--l - and would like to see some more examples!

R

Roger Eastin

Yeah, I'll think about those corrective actions the next time I get on a Boeing airplane!! Maybe, the title for this post should be, "Why airplanes are considered one-shot devices"!

B

Brian Dowsett

Not quite as good, but I've seen examples where our German colleagues had raised corrective action requests but had struggled a bit with the language. The best one being where the Engineer wanted to introduce a screw with a sharp tapered lead-in,commonly called a dog head....

"In order to improve we request to have a screw with a dog"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E CAR (Corrective Action Report) with questionable Root Cause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
P Examples of Nonconformance, Corrective Action Requests, and Root Cause Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
H Root Cause Corrective Action Examples Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
S FDA 483 Listing Observations - Mostly Corrective Action and Root Causes? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
D Root Cause and Corrective Action - Is our Practice Acceptable? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
B Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Program for Inventory Inaccuracies Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
Fender1 Corrective Action and Root Cause Analysis for a Missing Assembly Part ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C Root Cause and Corrective Action Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
T Corrective Action and Root Cause Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
C System Root Cause and CA (Corrective Action) for ISO 13485 Audit Nonconformances ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
L Root Cause Condition / Corrective Action Condition Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
F Can we reply to a CAR (Corrective Action Request) without Root Cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 24
E Please Critique my Root Cause Corrective Action Form training Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
E RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) Training Materials Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
Q Corrective Action - CAPA - Root Cause - Not following the training procedure! Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 13
E Root Cause Corrective Action - Identification and Traceability Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
K Corrective Action and Root Cause Training Presentation wanted Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 10
Q Preventive Action vs. Corrective Action - What about Root Cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 30
S Developing and implementing a Corrective Action Reporting System w/ Root Cause Analy Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
B Reviewing corrective action - How to ensure that root cause analysis is correct Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
Tom W Effective Root Cause Analysis / Corrective Action - Managements root cause ideas Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 7
A Root Cause Verification - Corrective Action Effectiveness, or Root Cause Verification Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 24
B Root cause analysis software - Off the shelf software to guide Corrective Action team Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
C 8D Corrective Action Root Cause Problem Solving Training Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 6
Marc True root cause in a corrective action process - How do you know? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 35
R Root Cause Analysis - Nonconformance and Corrective Action - 8D - Root Cause Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
D Corrective Action Timing - IATF CB Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R AS 9100D - Containment and Corrective action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C Corrective action for failure in documents control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
G Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
P Corrective Action Response for Missed bumps on brake press Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Stakeholder Initiated Corrective and Preventive Action Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I When exactly can a corrective action be closed? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
L What to do if a Corrective Action requires several extensions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
qualprod Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce Risk likelihood and impact Post control Ranking after corrective action taken for risk? FMEA and Control Plans 1
B How to reply NCR on ineffectiveness of corrective action during IATF external audit? This is repeated issue whereby some mistake was done. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
I AS9100D Non-conformance for 10.2.1 b 2 and 10.2.1. b 3 e and f - Corrective Action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
I Corrective Action Tracking for Product and Process in the same system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce FMEA Occurrence and Detection Ranking after corrective action taken for customer complaints? FMEA and Control Plans 6
R CIP (Corrective Action) requirements - ISO 9001 clause 10.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
E CAR (Corrective Action Request) Due Dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
E Corrective Action or Customer Complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
J If Corrective and Preventive Action were truly Effective IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
qualprod Is a Corrective Action Expected if a Quality Objective is not in compliance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
M Corrective Action Effectiveness Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
P Documentation for correction, corrective action, mini CAPA Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9