Corrective Action Implementation

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
https://iaqg.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/9101-Form-4-14-Feb-2022.doc

In the case of IAQG AS91X0 audits, the established process requires the CB to review, not only the corrective action plan, but also containment and correction as required. The form I linked has fields and the back of the form you see the instructions for each field.
I don't see anything on that form to indicate that the organization has to wait for approval of a plan before implementing actions.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Never heard of a customer requiring CA approval before implementation. Does the customer own you? Approval of your report, yes. How can you let a customer stop you from fixing a leak in your boat until they approve the method? :oops:
I don't know the OP's situation, but in my case, the Department of Energy client definitely wanted to be involved in the corrective action process for certain serious concerns. Yes, we could plug the hole in the boat, but as far as rebuiliding / repairing the boat to use it again would require the customer's agreement to the path forward beyond the initial mitigating (plug the hole) action.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I don't see anything on that form to indicate that the organization has to wait for approval of a plan before implementing actions.
This type of information might instead be made available to the auditee by procedure. The closing meeting would have, in my experience at least, covered the expectations explicitly as a review of Next Steps to close the audit.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
If an organization implements a later-disapproved corrective action, such as the usual re-training bs, they will have double work.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
If an organization implements a later-disapproved corrective action, such as the usual re-training bs, they will have double work.
That's a mighty big "if" and it doesn't address an actual requirement. The best way to avoid double work is to do it right the first time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom