Corrective Action System - Not Value Added

L

Lauren B. - 2009

corrective action systems

Our current corrective/preventive system has gotten us through all our audits to date. It is not adding value to our business. We basically have it in place to satisfy auditors and customers. The managers don't want to do the work that it takes to keep using the system we now have in place. Of course, they aren't the ones being hammered during the audits.

What type of systems are you using? We are interested in looking at some type of data base. Cost is diffintely an issue. :confused:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Craig H.

Lauren:

Welcome to the Cove!!

Do you already have MS Access? If so, why not just set something up there? I inherited some software with our C/A system already on it, but am strongly considering using Access myself.

Hope this helps.

Craig

E

energy

Cheap enough

I've used their CA5 Corrective Action System for about 4 years and found it to be user friendly. I noticed they now have a CA6, but you are allowed a 30 day No Charge trial period to decide if it is for you. It's word based and has a E-mail function for sending reports on an IntraNet or elsewhere. Does Pareto Charts and all kinds of neat reports.

http://www.hginet.com/products/CorrectiveAction/ca6/default.asp

Good Luck! No, I get no finder's fee! :biglaugh:

M

M Greenaway

I use MS Access for just about everything I can, including non-conformance reporting, tracking, and analysis.

Its a great tool, well worth learning.

C

Craig H.

energy said:
I've used their CA5 Corrective Action System for about 4 years and found it to be user friendly. I noticed they now have a CA6, but you are allowed a 30 day No Charge trial period to decide if it is for you. It's word based and has a E-mail function for sending reports on an IntraNet or elsewhere. Does Pareto Charts and all kinds of neat reports.

http://www.hginet.com/products/CorrectiveAction/ca6/default.asp

Good Luck! No, I get no finder's fee! :biglaugh:

Energy, I use Harrington, as well (v. 4, I think). It is not that I don't like it - it usually does fine. But, we are trying to use fewer specialized applications here.

I have found that the few times I have needed Tech Support, they have been a lot better than your average software vendor, and worlds away from Mikeysoft.

Of course the advantage is not having to mess around with setting up an Access db.

Craig

E

energy

Yeah, for you guys!

Claes Gefvenberg said:
Which is on the other hand a piece of cake.

/Claes
I want easy. What's easy for you gifted souls, Craig-Martin-Claes and a few others, can be quite taxing for us mortals. Access this! :p :agree:

B

Brad Serangeli

We also use a Access based system. If I :bonk: can learn to make it work anyone can. Access also gives you the flexability to make out queries/reports for anything you can imagine.

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Lauren B. said:
Our current corrective/preventive system has gotten us through all our audits to date. It is not adding value to our business. We basically have it in place to satisfy auditors and customers. The managers don't want to do the work that it takes to keep using the system we now have in place. Of course, they aren't the ones being hammered during the audits.

What type of systems are you using? We are interested in looking at some type of data base. Cost is diffintely an issue. :confused:
Hi Lauren, and welcome to the Cove,

Why is your system not adding value? A decent system should always add value. Or are you trying to say that the methods you are using aren't getting the results. Is your system so cumbersome, no one want to do it? Is it just a matter of documentation?

CarolX

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I Corrective Action Tracking for Product and Process in the same system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Reporting Corrective Action System Performance Metrics Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
N Internal Audit of the Training System - Corrective Action Necessary? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 16
S Linking CARS (Corrective Action System) with the rest of our system Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
J 3-Legged 5 Whys - Help guide for Internal Corrective Action System Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
C System Root Cause and CA (Corrective Action) for ISO 13485 Audit Nonconformances ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Moncia Traceability System to trace Failed Product for Corrective Action ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
N Any tips on how to improve a CA (Corrective Action) system? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
Q How to measure CAPA (Corrective Action Preventive Action) System Performance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 20
S The difference between NCR vs. FRACAS (Failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
M Measuring Corrective and Preventive Action System Effectiveness Nonconformance and Corrective Action 32
R What Medium do you use in your Corrective Action System? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 43
A FRACAS (Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System) software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 15
D FRACAS (Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System) Form - MIL-HBK-2155 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
A Toyota Corrective Action system - Is it similar to G8D? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
A What is FRACAS? Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
S Developing and implementing a Corrective Action Reporting System w/ Root Cause Analy Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
Q National NuclearSecurity Administration Corrective Action System Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
J 'Forms' vs 'Question' based Corrective Actions - Correction Action System at Toyota Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
JodiB Corrective Action System - Controls Terminology Nonconformance and Corrective Action 21
V How Can I Improve Our Company's Corrective Action System? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
A Electronic Records for FDA - Canned computer program for our Corrective Action system Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
M FRACAS - Failure Reporting And Corrective Action System QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
Marc Becky's Effective Corrective Action System Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
O Questions about Corrective - Preventive Action System(s) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
D Corrective Action Timing - IATF CB Deadline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R AS 9100D - Containment and Corrective action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C Corrective action for failure in documents control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
G Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
P Corrective Action Response for Missed bumps on brake press Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Stakeholder Initiated Corrective and Preventive Action Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
I When exactly can a corrective action be closed? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
L What to do if a Corrective Action requires several extensions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
qualprod Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce Risk likelihood and impact Post control Ranking after corrective action taken for risk? FMEA and Control Plans 1
E CAR (Corrective Action Report) with questionable Root Cause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B How to reply NCR on ineffectiveness of corrective action during IATF external audit? This is repeated issue whereby some mistake was done. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
I AS9100D Non-conformance for 10.2.1 b 2 and 10.2.1. b 3 e and f - Corrective Action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce FMEA Occurrence and Detection Ranking after corrective action taken for customer complaints? FMEA and Control Plans 6
R CIP (Corrective Action) requirements - ISO 9001 clause 10.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
E CAR (Corrective Action Request) Due Dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
E Corrective Action or Customer Complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
J If Corrective and Preventive Action were truly Effective IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
qualprod Is a Corrective Action Expected if a Quality Objective is not in compliance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
M Corrective Action Effectiveness Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
P Documentation for correction, corrective action, mini CAPA Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
P Interesting Discussion Addressing Human Factors in Corrective Action AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 23