Corrective Actions - ISO 9001:2000 vs. QS-9000 Clause 4.14

A

Al Cohen

Hello guys, a small question that hopefully somebody can answer fairly quickly. We have stopped supplying the big 3 so we are now moving from QS9000 to ISO9001 2000. Unfortunately I am still waiting for the ISO manual and am therefore not overly familiar with it.

So basically....

Q : What are the differences regarding corrective actions between the 2 standards. Do still I have to ensure that vendors supply effective corrective actions when defective parts are received by us or do I just have to keep my customers happy with CAR's if we ever ship bad product?

Answers on a post card to......:bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Cohen

Is it possible that you could show some evidence for this? I.e. where it ststes this in the ISO:2000 manual?

Cheers

Alan:(

A

Al Dyer

QS-9000 has word for word of ISO included in the text, work with the current text and think, improvise, and overcome!!

Not all that many differences!

Al... Call me if I can help further.:)

A

Al Cohen

Al, thanks buddy for taking the time to reply, but.....

My problem is that I only have QS9000 third edition (`98). Is there any additions to ISO 2000 regarding (QS) 4.14 - Corrective and preventative action?

Regards

Al:bigwave:

M

M Greenaway

Al

The simple answer is no, see quote below:-

ISO 9001:2000, Quality management systems – Requirements
8.5.2 Corrective action
The organization shall take action to eliminate the cause of nonconformities in order to prevent recurrence.
Corrective actions shall be appropriate to the effects of the nonconformities encountered.
A documented procedure shall be established to define requirements for
a) reviewing nonconformities (including customer complaints),
b) determining the causes of nonconformities ,
c) evaluating the need for action to ensure that nonconformities do not recur,
d) determining and implementing action needed,
e) records of the results of action taken (see 4.2.4), and
f) reviewing corrective action taken.

No where does it state in ISO9001 (any year) or QS9000 that you HAVE to raise corrective action requests on suppliers, or that you HAVE to give corrective action reports to customers.

What it does say however is that you (d) determine and implement actions needed - how you 'determine' is the crux of the whole thing, and is entirely up to you.

A

Al Cohen

Thanks ever so much for taken the time and trouble to answer my question. I am so pleased to find this site - dont forget - Knowledge is Power...

Cheers

Al:D ;) :ko: :)

Shaun Daly

Involved In Discussions
"No where does it state in ISO9001 (any year) or QS9000 that you HAVE to raise corrective action requests on suppliers, or that you HAVE to give corrective action reports to customers. "

wow. If we ever refused to answer a customer complaint the s**t would hit the fan so hard we would all be splattered.

Or do you mean giving customers copies of your own internal corrective actions? My customers ask for copies of those.

Our customers also want copies of nonconformance reports we send our suppliers.

In regards to satisfying a customers needs & expectations, they speak we jump.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
qualprod Do we have to document all corrections and corrective actions in ISO 9001 10.2.2 ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
E ISO 9001:2105 - Are OFI or Corrective actions required? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 55
G Corrective and Preventive Actions - ISO 9001 Clauses 8.5.2 & 8.5.3 Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 39
MarilynJ6354 Internal Audit Corrective Actions Log issues - ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Risk and Corrective actions - Currently no FMEA's - Car systems Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 8
G Differences - Nonconformances vs CAPA, Corrections vs Corrective Actions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
F Vigilance Reporting - Requirements for manufacturer Field Corrective Actions (FCAs) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
A Agenda for 8D audit on Supplier's side - Auditing Corrective Actions General Auditing Discussions 5
I Audit Nonconformances - Can reported corrective actions be incomplete? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Informal Corrective Actions - AS9100DCl. 10.2.1 A-H Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
O Updating "opportunities" resulting from Corrective Actions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
MarilynJ6354 Missing Corrective Actions - Workforce does not trigger corrective action requests General Auditing Discussions 6
Q Timeframe to resolve Corrective Actions (Undue Delay) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
G Non Value Added Corrective Actions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
MarilynJ6354 Internal Audit Corrective Actions Internal Auditing 5
J Where to get meddev FSCA (Field Safety Corrective Actions) trainings EU Medical Device Regulations 7
B Verification of Corrective Actions based on Quantities Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
M Benchmarking - Timely Closure of Corrective Actions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
M Singapore - New Field Safety Corrective Actions (FSCA) Process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
W Corrective /Preventative/Rectification actions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
S TS 16949 - 8.5.2.4 - When are Corrective Actions required IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
E Can corrective actions be written by and resolved by the same person? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
H Corrective and Preventive Actions Process Examples IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L An Auditor gave a finding for Ineffective Corrective Actions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
J How to assign a Leader to respond to Corrective Actions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
D Supplier Nonconformance & Corrective Actions Procedures Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
O Corrective Actions identifed as Preventive Actions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
R Tracking Corrective Actions using an Excel sheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
jasonb067 Auditing Supplier Corrective Actions Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
F Software or form/templates program to track Internal Audits and Corrective Actions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
E Corrective Actions Root Causes from Surveillance Audit Findings Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
M Does "Responsibility" need to be mentioned in the Corrective Actions ? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
P Can the Auditor close down the Corrective Actions? Internal Auditing 12
J Methods to control Efficiency of Corrective and Preventive Actions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
J Corrective and Preventive Actions Database in Excel Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
M Management Team "Actions" vs. CAPA (Corrective Actions) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
M Free webinar on Corrective and Preventive Actions on Thu, Mar 7, 2013 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Q Measuring Monthly Progress in Corrective Actions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
E SPC Corrective Actions - Best Practice with Process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
I RPN without Recommendation neither corrective actions FMEA and Control Plans 2
W Severity Rating CORRECTIVE ACTIONS - Opinions Wanted Please Nonconformance and Corrective Action 15
T System Corrective Actions when Conforming Product depends heavily on Inspection Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
S Scoring the "Quality" of Planned & Executed Corrective & Preventive Actions? Benchmarking 3
Q Corrective and Preventive Actions and Management Reviews ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
0 Corrective Actions - Communication Management & Tools Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1
J Reviewing Effectiveness of Corrective Actions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
R Problems with Supplier - Always with 100% Sorting - No Corrective Actions Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 22
T Visually Presenting Effectiveness of Multiple Corrective Actions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
M Supplier Defective Product Return and Corrective Actions. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T Drop Down ("Standard") Categories for Corrective Actions & Root Cause Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4