Cost of Quality - Philip Crosby coined the phrase - Seeking More Information

S

s_warin

They says that Philip Crosby coined the word cost of quality. The ideas are in the two books, Quaulity is Free and Quality without Tears. Where can I find more information about this subject? What books or publications should I read?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

s_warin

See more about this topic on miscellaneos.

Dear the Cove members,

Please see more about this topic on Miscellaneous Topics.
And.........where else?
Yes, there are in three or four places on this Cove. Where?

Warin

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Funny that this question was asked the same day a friend of mine asked me to recommend books on the topic. Here is the short list I gave him at lunch yesterday:

The Cost of Quality (Principles), Ray Campanella
Quality Planning and Analysis, Juran/Gryna
The Quality Handbook, Juran, et. al
Total Quality Control, Armand Fiegenbaum

The first listed is a quick read, yet informative. I can't find it on my bookshelf (either loaned it out or left it somewhere), so the title is approximate. I am pretty certain of the author however.

Regards,

Kevin

S

s_warin

Already have two, catching the two

Thank you Kevin. I already have Quality Planning and Analysis, Juran/Gryna and The Quality Handbook, Juran, et. al. I am catching the two books. I hope I can catch them up next month.

I have placed orders for these topic from many publishing houses.
To do the research on this subject I have to consult with many publications. Is this the right opinion?
:(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Philip Crosby's Cost of Quality - James Harrington's Book Addressing COQ Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 18
S Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) - Scrap element of calculation includes lost margin? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
B Include cost of quality (and other wastes) in an ISO 9001 system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C What is your Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
W How much would it cost to setup a Quality System for a Repackager or Relabeler? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
M Reducing Cost of Poor Quality - Your opinion requested Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
Geoff Cotton What is the benchmark for Cost of Quality in a Heavy Engineering organization ? Benchmarking 2
B Quality problems that cost Millions of dollars (or euros, or pounds, etc.) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
Sean Kelley Difference between COQ (Cost of Quality) vs COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality)? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
M How Does Your Organization Measure Cost of Quality? Benchmarking 14
M Which metric is better for Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 15
W Cost of Quality - Electronics Manufacturing The Reading Room 14
M Supplier Rating Form with Quality, Cost, Delivery wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
P Quality Engineer's Role in Cost Management (including UMC) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R Cost of Quality in Aerospace Industry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
R Development Rejection Costs in COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) Calculations Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
R Cost of Quality Benchmarking Information for the Electronics Industry Benchmarking 1
M Cost of Quality - Is it good or bad and why - Critical Review Research Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 28
1 Cost of Poor Quality form or template wanted Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
S COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) Vs PONC (Price of Non Conformance) - Explanation wanted Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
M Cost of Poor Quality Reports IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S COQ (Cost of Quality) Looking for forms, templates Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
M Justifying the Cost of Quality? Money that we spend on the quality system Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
Q COQ (Cost of Quality) - Would someone review this doc and offer feedback? Benchmarking 10
S How to develop a Quality Cost Summary Report Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
M Cost of Software to Calculate the Cost of Quality Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 10
K Generic worksheet for calculating Supplier Chargeback and Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
C Corrective Action Importance Level - Cost and Quality - The Johari window Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
N Personnel COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
H Cost of Quality Can Open Management's Eyes Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 15
A KPI (Key Process Indicator) - Cost of Non Quality Benchmarking 8
S COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) - Can we add Premium Freight? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
S COPQ - Cost of Poor Quality - COPQ course for non-financial people Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
N Identification of COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) aspects Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
M Quality Cost Control procedure wanted Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
G Quality Group Salaries as Percent of Sales (as part of the Cost of Quality) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
J Quality Cost Principles? COQ - Cost of Quality Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
J Quality Cost Summary Report/Procedure? Cost of Quality Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
A Cost of Quality (COQ) Information Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
R Recommendations for a Low cost and Easy to Implement Quality Management System Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
H Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) - All returned/defective parts (plastic) are recycled Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
Manix Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and Reputation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 25
J Cost-Benefit Analysis of Internal Quality Audit Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
I High COPQ (Cost Of Poor Quality) from Our Quality Department IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
T Cost of Quality - How many variations are there in calculating the Cost of Quality? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
S New Auditor wants Mould tool repair bill included in Cost of Poor Quality! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
C Which Cost of Quality (COQ) Model is best? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
J Tracking Cost of Quality - Inspection laboratory and production inspection time/cost Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
B Quality Cost - What type of Quality Cost is: Correct rejects and incorrect output ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Y Is Quality System Audit a Prevention or Appraisal Cost? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 48