Costs To Register

T

Tom Goetzinger

We are working toward certification to QS9000 - Tooling and Equipment Supplement, and I've been asked by management to put together a very good estimate of what it is going to cost us. Company is 150 people (50% production, 50% engineering and support)
I have registrar quotations, and consultant quotes, so those numbers are clear. Some of the other items are less clear. For instance, how many hours of training, on the average, will each employee need? What other significant costs are there?
Any input would be appreciated!!

[This message has been edited by Tom Goetzinger (edited 16 June 1999).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

Lassitude

It's pretty tough to come up with costs on intangible stuff like training. When I talk to prospective customers I tell them I have seen figures from US$400 and employee up to US$1500 per employee - but I have always seen 'guesses' such as "In my experience...." where there are simply guesstimates in reality.

Depends on your business and how well you trained in your 'old' business. Some clients have gone through with minimal training. Others have had a lot they should have done but never did. Some companies want "QS9000" training for everyone. Others don't want any QS9000 training at all.

In addition, are you identifying new training needs in manufacturing areas? SPC? If I was you I'd start a spreadsheet with training needs and start estimating per topic.

What, by the way, did you get in the way of registrar and consultant quotes? What part of the country are you in?

B

Bryon C Simmons

There are lots of intangibles here. It would depend alot on how much training you intend to do; whether you do it yourself, (as I did in my situation), or you have an outside source do it. There is no concrete method for figuring ou those kind of costs. You have some definite numbers from registrars, my guess would be to increase that by 40-50%, at a minimum, for internal preparation. I would even go a bit higher than that. Alot of it depends on where you are to start. Do you have a QS system in place, or at least an ISO system?

Hard to say.....would be interesting to keep track of the total costs, including training, documentation, etc.

Let us know.

Bryon

T

Tom Goetzinger

Question was asked as what had we received in quotes for registrar and consultant services.
We are a company of approx. 150 employees (1/2 production, 1/2 support) located in a suburb of Milwaukee, WI, and we wanted a registrar who was both RvA and RAB accredited, in those areas that RvA offers accreditation.
Registrar quotes were generally in the mid to high twenties for the 3 year period, plus travel and living expenses at cost. I found that some negotiation is possible.
I am expecting to spend a like amount for consulting services. The comparison is a little harder to make, because the quotes were not apples to apples. I found a consultant I like who is reasonably local, and is competively priced on the services I am interested in. For instance, a 3 day Internal Auditing class for up to 8 individuals was quoted at $3000.00.
Hope that helps, and thanks for your responses to my question. This forum has proven very helpful to me.

R

Rod Cler

A possible resource for costs and training associated with preparing to meet international standards are state agencies. We used the Alabama Industrial Development Training agency to provide all of our ISO/QS/TE internal auditor training on-site. It is a FREE service for organizations located within the state. The training was quite good and being on-site, it was convenient and tailored around our quality system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A EAR costs and recommendations under MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
J Australian TGA Sponsor costs Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
T Reasons to change certification body and typical costs Registrars and Notified Bodies 16
M Informational Understanding Costs And Risks For HFE Usability Studies — Part 1: Testing In-House Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C AS9100, Clause 8.5.1.3 - First Article Inspection Costs AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 16
B Warranty costs - What is your definition of a "warranty cost"? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
P Health Insurance Costs Career and Occupation Discussions 3
Edward Reesor Role of increased regulatory costs in increasing risk ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Edward Reesor MDSAP (Medical Device Single Audit Program) Costs Canada Medical Device Regulations 7
L Percentage Thumb Rules for Quality Costs Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
B Costs, Benefits, and Consequences of ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J IEC 60601 Medical Device Testing House Costs IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 9
F 2 Year Part Re-Validation and FAIR Costs (Aerospace Parts) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
D AS9100 Audit Preparation Costs and Hours AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
L Forecasting of Product Returns and Warranty Costs Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
I IT Costs Analysis Excel Chart Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
M Discrepancy Costs Measuring Methods - Excel spreadsheets or other methods Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
C Third Party Inspection and Certification Costs for a Project Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
D Company Percentile Ranking - Customer Concern and Warranty Costs Benchmarking 4
Q ASQ's CMQ Certification - Training Costs and Benefits Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S Planning and Costs to Implement ISO / IEC 27000 - Where to start? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
K AS9100 Implementation, Registration and Annual Costs to maintain Registration? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
L Contract CMM Inspection Companies and Costs Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
R Development Rejection Costs in COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) Calculations Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
M What are your Nonconformance Costs Based On Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
M How many companies are required to capture Nonconformance Costs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
C Reducing Material Handling Costs - In-Floor Tow-Line Conveyor System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
H Advantages and Disadvantages (costs) of Process FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 9
C Appraisal Costs - Include Plant Scale Maintenance? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
P Measuring Costs of Poor Quality Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
S Mouse Embryo Assay and Endotoxin Testing Requirements and Costs US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
Wes Bucey Broadband Speeds & Costs in the US - I feel cheated! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
P Check Fixture Costs - Simple check fixture (go/no go) that checks 3-4 points Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M NCA-3800 Requirements and Costs - Entering the Nuclear Market Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 15
G Costs associated with setting up new medical device QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D Visible Planning & Barashi for Quality and Costs Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
Proud Liberal ISO 14001 and TS 16949 Implementation and Annual Costs Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
Jen Kirley Slaying Workplace Safety Costs The Reading Room 4
eternal_atlas Are implementation of Quality and Safety Standards Extra Business Costs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
D Subjective parameters and Quality costs - VDA 16 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
D NADCAP Costs and Steps Toward Compliance AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 10
S ISO 9001 Assessment Costs - Small Media and Administration Company Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
M The Impact of Appraisal Costs in the Final Product Cost Software Quality Assurance 1
M Training $ Costs - Training Needs Analysis - ISO 14001 Clause 4.4.2a ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 11
M Relationship between quality assurance costs and failure costs Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
T Disadvantages of JIT (Just In Time) and Impacts on Costs Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 26
T Is having an NCR system in place the best way to track rework costs? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
C Costs of not understanding customer requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Reducing Inspection Costs - Sampling Plans and Producer's Risk Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
C Calibration Outsourcing vs. In House Calibration - Outrageous Costs of Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 28