Could I combine IQ, OQ and PQ for Minitab Software Validation ?

B

Bill Mac

I am starting the process of validating Minitab for our facility and would like to know if it is possible to combine the IQ, OQ and PQ together. Since the software is already validated by Minitab I only need to verify our internally installed software. I ran the Minitab validation Kit from Minitab and that seemed to pass.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Candi1024

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Statistical Software Validation

Yes, we often perform all 3 together. We also tend to put in provisions in case something is changed that doesn't require the entire IQ/OQ portion, where we can simply redo the PQ portion.

B

Bill Mac

Thanks for the reply. Would you be willing to include a sample of how this combined protocol was done and/or laid out? I assume that the provision you mentioned would cover upgrades to the version of the software.
Thanks again and hope I can return the favor.

mihzago

Trusted Information Resource

why do you even use the IQ/OQ/PQ process for validating off-the-shelf software that does not control any hardware?

Even the FDA does not use this process/terminology; see the FDA Guidance: "General Principles for Software Validation".

Write a list of your requirements for what the software should do; conduct a risk assessment (can't imagine much risk with a standard off-the-shelf product that is widely used by many users); come up with some uses cases and test them.

I also recommend reading AAMI TIR:36 Validation of Software for Regulated Processes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Proud Liberal Power Query to combine multiple tables of unequal number of columns Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
CPhelan Internal audit - Combine similar nonconformities in one or keep separate? Internal Auditing 6
D Doing both a top-down and a bottom-up risk assessment - How to combine ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
R How to combine ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 29001:2010 into a single QMS Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
Q Is there a way that I can combine two PMCF studies into one? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P May I combine the Process Audit and Product Audit into Delphi's LSR? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
J Can I combine Recalls, Advisory notices, and Vigilance systems into one procedure? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A Can I combine some procedures together and pick some clauses to audit Internal Auditing 4
Mikael How to combine the Importance Performance Matrix and the KANO Model? Benchmarking 8
C Separate Certification - Can I combine documents for ISO14001, OHSAS18001 & AS4801? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
M Combine ISO 9001 and AS9100 into a single Quality Manual and System? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
S Registration - Want to combine one marketing company as remote location IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C Uncertainty + Error...How do I combine them to recalculate TUR Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
B How do you combine Quality Management and Environmental Management? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
O Capability Studies: Can I combine Attribute Data and Variables Data Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
F Organizational Charts - OK to combine Quality and Production? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 12
T Could we combine ISO 13485 and ISO 9001:2008? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 combined? Talk within ISO to combine these two specs ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 12
M Charting Bi, Tri or More Modal Distributions to combine results from two machines Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
C I'd like to combine corrective and preventive action into a POLICY document Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
Q Integrated Management System - ISO9001, ISO14001, 18001 - Combine annual objectives? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 17
J Combine two division manuals into one (No Procedures change) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
C Quality Policy - Combine it with our statement of 'Purpose, Values and Mission'? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Combine ISO 9002 and ISO 14001 - Could you please give me some suggestions? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 1
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Minitab assistant: 1-Sample % Defective Test Using Minitab Software 1
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
G Batch printing reports in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 7
I Number of decimals in equation calculated by MiniTab Using Minitab Software 0
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
M How to change the display of optimization plot in Minitab 18 Using Minitab Software 2
M Minitab tool to evaluate PM (Preventive Maintenance) process Using Minitab Software 6
E Input to ANOVA 1-WAY - How can I perform this analysis in minitab? Using Minitab Software 2
N Tolerance Interval plots in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
J Including Repeats in DoE using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
N What subcommands can be used with "Stop" in Minitab 18? Using Minitab Software 8
S Minitab - Factor Analysis: Label on second series of data for Biplot Using Minitab Software 4
J Which Anova dropdown to use for R&R in Minitab? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 2
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
A Generating samples from a population in Minitab Using Minitab Software 0
Ron Rompen Random data generation in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
I DOE: High variance and small effects in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
B Informational Expanded Gage R&R Analysis using Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 18
R Rank Deficiency Error Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
H Minitab 15 - Factorial Design - 3 factors: 4x3x2 - How to? Using Minitab Software 4