Cove Forums Server Response Speed

E

energy

Me. too

Bill Ryan said:

Bill
(Is it my computer or is anyone else seeing the "slows" with the Cove today??)
Bill,

For sure. I'm also getting "timed out" messages from our proxy server. We have high speed connection and it is still very slow. Sometimes, "refresh" speeds it up. But not often. I just go back to work and try again later. If I were home with my 56K modem, forget it. Later. :bigwave: At least you're talking to me!:biglaugh:
:ko: :smokin:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I regularly access the Cove from home, via a 56K modem, and guess what? It works just as well (or bad) as cable here at work at the moment.

Conclusion: The Cove is s-l-o-o-o-w at the moment, regardless of your local equipment. Let's hope it picks up speed again, soon. At least it seems a wee bit better today.

/Claes

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Bill Ryan said:

Is it my computer or is anyone else seeing the "slows" with the Cove today??
I haven't had much time to spend here lately, but I may 'disconnect' the stats script recently added and restrict it to moderators. It is a VERY cpu intensive script and may be the reason. If lots of people use that script, it can seriously bog down the server.

I'll leave it up for another week and try to monitor it. I'm not sure if that's the cause, but it may be.

I just returned from Miami and it's running very fast right now. Last night it was unbelieveably slow from a 56K dial-up in Miami. Almost unusable.

Speedy Gonzales

I noticed that even when I was the only user "in action" (That happens sometimes when you're asleep across the pond), the connection was still very poor, so unless that script is running in the background all the time, I don't think it is the cause.

Anyway, right now the Cove is running at a very brisk clip indeed, so all is well at the moment. Vrooom :D

/Claes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc If the Elsmar Cove Forums and Web Site was Yours, What would you do to Improve? Forum News and General Information 59
Ajit Basrur The number of ISO13485 posts in the Elsmar Cove forums ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
Marc Elsmar Cove Forums Link Listed in Wikipedia.org Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Marc Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and The Cove Forums? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
M Seeking industry specific e forums like the Cove Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 5
J How long have you been visiting the Cove Forums? Vintage Cove! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 203
Marc Registered at the Cove Forums in 1970? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Marc The Elsmar Cove Site and Forums 'Breakdown' & Options as of June 2017 Forum News and General Information 11
Pflanz A Return to the Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Sidney Vianna Any Pickleball player at The Cove? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc GDPR - EU Directive 2016/679 and the Elsmar Cove Discussion Forum Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 3
N When they make the movie " Elsmar Cove " .... After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 17
BradM Why I am so appreciative of the Elsmar Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Marc Plagiarism in Elsmar Cove Forum Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
BradM The Cove's Sister: Quality Forum Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
M Thank you Marc and the Elsmar Cove Moderators and Members! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Sidney Vianna Covegratulations to The Cove and Marc Smith - 19 years online January 6, 2015 Covegratulations 18
BradM The Greatness of Elsmar Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
J Back to the Cove - Oil and Gas Industry Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
B Any forum at par with Elsmar Cove for Network and System Administration? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
T Are there any members of the Chartered Quality Institute - UK on the Cove ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 11
R Covegratulations to The Cove: 18 years old! Covegratulations 3
somashekar Father of Elsmar Cove hits second SILVER Covegratulations 16
SteelMaiden Hello Cove! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
N Elsmar Cove Forum - What an amazing place Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
P For any programmers in the Cove - Web based ISO System? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
K Is reading the Elsmar Cove a legitimate work related activity Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 19
somashekar ~~ The Elsmar Cove Birthday - Online for 17 years! ~~ Covegratulations 16
B Why don't we have more representation from Registrars at The Cove? Registrars and Notified Bodies 14
somashekar Link to important websites within the Cove Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
Richard Regalado Elsmar Cove BCP - Continuity of the forum when disaster strikes Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 11
H Happy Birthday to the Elsmar Cove Forum - January 2012 Covegratulations 25
BradM Sidney Vianna - Ten years at the Cove! Covegratulations 23
harrysons Thanks to Elsmar Cove - Successful TS16949:2009 Certification Covegratulations 10
Crusader I miss the Cove! Crusader Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 42
BradM Happy Birthday Elsmar Cove!! 15 Years old Covegratulations 44
G What should an Elsmar Cove X-mas tree look like? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
J What Has The Elsmar Cove Done For You?? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
H Elsmar Cove Statistics Found Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S Quality Policy - What is the Elsmar Cove's Quality Policy? Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 8
H Happy 14th Birthday to the Cove - January 2010 Covegratulations 16
P What is the meaning of your Elsmar Cove Forum User Name? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 58
B In terms of age, who are the youngest and oldest Elsmar Cove forum members? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 112
Sidney Vianna Does The Cove aid in conflict of interest? Registrars and Notified Bodies 14
somashekar Elsmar Cove reference in your CV 's ... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
N Cabot Cove vs. Elsmar Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Marc Privacy - Elsmar Cove Privacy Policy and Statement Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Marc Privacy Policy - Elsmar Cove Privacy (and Cookie) Policy - 090405 Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 4
ScottK Elsmar Cove iPhone users After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 39
Sidney Vianna Jim Wynne reaches another Cove milestone: COVEGRATULATIONS! Covegratulations 49