CQA plus RAB training = QSLA status?

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
CQA plus RAB training=?????

The local ASQ chair tells me that something new is happening.....RAB now says that a 3 day training with the CQA will get you QSLA status..Have heard nothing of the sort from anywhere else...seems odd, as they offered that years ago (1994?) for a shot time then pulled it as not good enough...My thought is that he is confused and maybe the Internal auditor thing is raising its head again? Any comments? Has anyone else heard that? He is actually setting up the course to have the section offer it...but until we see some news release I tend to disagree.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bryon C Simmons

News to me......

I would think that, given the advancements and increased experience levels of lots of people in the last 4 or 5 years, that if this did indeed happen, there would be lots of Lead Auditors running around.....the volume of CQA's has increased dramatically in the last few years..I am supposing due to the QS/ISO phenomenon....everybody wants a piece of the registration pie. Of course, having been through the traditional Lead Assessor course myself, I would think they would be hard pressed to cram into three days, what was crammed into five. CQA Body of Knowledge doesnt get into ISO/QS too much....you would still need to understand the standards, otherwise, the issue of conflicting interpretations will rear its ugly head mouch more...

Maybe I am way off base....slap me if I am...

Bryon

R

Roger Eastin

Where in this requirement is the experience base for QS-LA? I know the book work is important, but there is nothing like being a Lead Auditor to teach one something about real life as an auditor!!! I think it would be a huge step backwards to eliminate the experience portion of the requirement. I hope this person is wrong about this change to the requirement.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
I agree....i think it takes away from the hard work and experience it takes to get there....bad move. But on a positive note...I have had no feed back from my request for the backround info on his request to prepare a course.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R CQA Primer by the Quality Council of Indiana ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C CQA Test Questions Bank General Auditing Discussions 1
O Examples of Critical process parameter (CPP) and Critical quality attribute (CQA) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Differences in CQE, CSTE, CSQA, CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R CQE vs CQA vs CSSGB vs CWI Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
H CQA Exam - Do I really have to go five hours without a drink? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
P Differences CSQA vs CQA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
P What certifications to take CQA? Software Programmer Career and Occupation Discussions 1
M What CQA Preparation Material helped you to pass the exam? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
H RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA - Which certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S What Reference Material is allowed in the ASQ CQA Exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H Choosing between RABQSA Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
T ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Self - study help Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J ASQ CQA, RABQSA Internal Auditor, or IRCA Internal Auditor Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
J Study Materials for the CQA Exam June 2, 2012 Professional Certifications and Degrees 17
G ASQ CQA Certification vs. RABQSA or IRCA Lead Auditor Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
R CQE and CQA Training Books/Materials and related Quality Jobs Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
Q CQA (Certified Quality Auditor)? I need all the help I can get. Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
M ASQ CQA Exam June 4, 2011 - Best resource for preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 19
M CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Certification Exam Materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C Need your guideline for CQA exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
W CQA exam qualification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
C RABQSA or IRCA or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Biomedical Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
P Auditing Process Classics - I am planning to take CQA exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
C Bringing a CQA Primer Copy for an exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 14
B Quality Auditor Certification - CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
J Passed ASQ CQA. Next ASQ CQT Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S ASQ Recertification Units (RUs) for my CQE,CQA Recertification Journal ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
G I passed the ASQ-CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
B ASQ - CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam next week !! Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
B CQA vs. CQE - How tough is CQA test compared to CQE test? Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
kedarg6500 Difference in CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) & CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
A CQE or CQA - Which one is better in terms of career progress Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
T What is the best primer to study for the ASQ CQA exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
ScottK RABQSA Certification for ASQ CQA's - Some Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
A What are the best CQE & CQA preparation books? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
J ASQ's CQA, CQT and CMI Certifications - NEW Sample exams release Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
A Quality Council of Indiana - ASQ's CQE and CQA Certification exam materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
L Impressions of the CQA test and new BoK (Body of Knowledge) Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
howste New ASQ CQA (certified quality auditor) body of knowledge (BOK) General Auditing Discussions 7
Q Passing CQA Exam - Passed on first attempt? Second? A Poll General Auditing Discussions 22
J How to drive CQA - Customer Quality Assurance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
S CQA vs. Six Sigma vs. CRE - Which certification should I persue? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
L ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Test - Any advice for me? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
J Can an ASQ CQA train internal auditors? Internal Auditing 2
S Validation of COTS Equipment plus Software Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 12
somashekar ISO 13485 plus ISO 9001:2015 will now attract a minimum 2 day upgrade audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
M QSB plus given by PSA and GM and ISO TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Interpretation of Plus/Minus Draft - Injection Molded Parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
W Rental of Scaffolding - Contract is COST PLUS? Service Industry Specific Topics 4