CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exam Learning Guidance and Related Questions

B

bostonstudent

Hi,

I am thinking of taking the CQE exam this year...probably in December since I haven't started studying for the June one yet...well, my question is regarding eligibility. I have a masters degree in Chem Engineering and working as a Quality Engineer (not a managerial position) since July 2004. Am I qualified to take the test ?

Any help is welcome...

Thanks a lot

p.s. I do not post a lot on this forum and visit it regularly when I have questions and they always get answered...keep up the good work since its helping a lot of us..:applause:

R

ralphsulser

Re: CQE Eligibility

Hi,

I am thinking of taking the CQE exam this year...probably in December since I haven't started studying for the June one yet...well, my question is regarding eligibility. I have a masters degree in Chem Engineering and working as a Quality Engineer (not a managerial position) since July 2004. Am I qualified to take the test ?

Any help is welcome...

Thanks a lot

p.s. I do not post a lot on this forum and visit it regularly when I have questions and they always get answered...keep up the good work since its helping a lot of us..:applause:

I think you are qualified to take the test. Suggest you contact ASQ and ask for guidence, or your local chapter chairperson. I know previously they qualified a lady who had taught high school math for a few years and had only been in a quality function 2 years.

W

w_grunfeld

Re: ASQ Certification Exam:Tips, Trips and Traps

Does anyone know/can recommend a good on-line training for CQE and/or CQA?

C

CertifiedDataJunkie

Does anyone know/can recommend a good on-line training for CQE and/or CQA?

Willy,

As you likely know, the required skillsets between the CQE and CQA in terms of their Body of Knowledge (BOK) are quite different.:frust: However, auditing is part of the CQE BOK.

:magic:It may not come as a complete surprise, but ASQ offers online training for both exams:

http://www.asq.org/quality-press/self-paced-learning/index.html?item=CQE0T1

WEB-BASED
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time. You have 365 days to complete the course.
List Price: $695.00
Member Price: $595.00
Course Length: 65 hours
CEU'S: 6.5
Item Number: CQE0T1

http://www.asq.org/quality-press/self-paced-learning/index.pl?item=CQA01H

WEB-BASED
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time. You have 365 days to complete the course.
Course Length: 33 hours
CEU'S: 3.3
Item Number: CQA01H

These courses may also be available on CD-ROM. I have used the materials from these courses and found them quite helpful.

W

w_grunfeld

Willy,

As you likely know, the required skillsets between the CQE and CQA in terms of their Body of Knowledge (BOK) are quite different.:frust: However, auditing is part of the CQE BOK.

:magic:It may not come as a complete surprise, but ASQ offers online training for both exams:

http://www.asq.org/quality-press/self-paced-learning/index.html?item=CQE0T1

WEB-BASED
Course Length: 65 hours
CEU'S: 6.5
Item Number: CQE0T1

http://www.asq.org/quality-press/self-paced-learning/index.pl?item=CQA01H

WEB-BASED
Course Length: 33 hours
CEU'S: 3.3
Item Number: CQA01H

These courses may also be available on CD-ROM. I have used the materials from these courses and found them quite helpful.
I know CQE and CQA are quite different, named the two just as examples of the type of courses I was referring to.
Thanks for the links, I have spent some time at the ASQ site but missed somehow the online alternative.
Best regards,
Willy

Q

QE

I am looking for some one who can help me understand the answers and the method to develop the solutions for the following questions from CQE primer.

1) Distributions that does not use natural logarithmic base for PROBAB_y Calcu_ns.

a) normal, b) Poisson, c) Weibull d) Binomial.....Answer (d)

2) probability of a car starting on a cold day = 0.6, one has two cars, what is the probability of at least one car starting on a cold day...
a) 0.84 b) 0.60 c) 0.81 d) 0.36.....answer(a)

3) P(a) = 0.1, P(b) = 0.05, what is probablity P(A intersection B) = P(A/B) X P(B)
ans: 0.0050

C

CertifiedDataJunkie

I am looking for some one who can help me understand the answers and the method to develop the solutions for the following questions from CQE primer.

Starting with your 1st question ...

1) Distributions that does not use natural logarithmic base for PROBAB_y Calcu_ns.

a) normal, b) Poisson, c) Weibull d) Binomial.....Answer (d)

Consulting a statistics text or handbook ...

The general formula for the probability density function of the normal distribution is:

norpdfg.gif

The formula for the Poisson probability mass function is:

poipdf.gif

The formula for the probability density function of the general Weibull distribution is

weipdfg.gif

The formula for the binomial probability mass function is

binpdf.gif

By inspection, the binomial probability function is not a function of the natural logarithm or the inverse natural logarithm function. In other words, no term involving exp(x) or ln(x).

Q

QE

Thanks !!!! Answers to other questions will also help....please reply if you know those

Q

QE

CQE Exam Related Queries

Guys I am Writing CQE this june 7th. I am not able to solve the Questions from Primer page no X-69, Chapter 10th, Question No - 10.7,10.8,10.9.

I am using the recent CQE Primer.
Please Reply with the method to solve this questions

Thanks

Top Bottom