CQE Exam Problem

R

RakeshGang

Hello All,

While preparing for the exam, came across this question and struggling to find the procedure to get the Answer given.

Four ingredients are blended to make a final product. Using the data below, what is the expected weight and variation of the final product ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rakesh
ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: I assume this is from exam prep material. It is probably copyrighted so it can not be reprinted here. I have edited the post. I apologise for the inconvenience,but I have to make sure there are no copyright complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Can you give us an example:

8.8 pounds Milk
1 pound peanuts
2.5 pounds chocolate
1 pound brown sugar.

then ask a similar question?

Note: don't ask the exact question, but something similar should work

Last edited:
R

RakeshGang

Thanks Michael for your response.
I didn't expect that the question would be removed.
I am not really worried about the weights, I am just struggling to find logic for the answer.

8.8 pounds Milk
1 pound peanuts
2.5 pounds chocolate
1 pound brown sugar.

If all these four ingredients are blended, what would be the expected weight and variation of the final product ?

Regards,
Rakesh

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
You have to know the variation in the four input streams. Generally the problem would have given weights of the four input streams over several mixings so you may calculate the standard deviations, or they will provide the input streams.

Assuming independence between the inputs, you would take the square root of the sum of the squares of the standard deviations.

See http://www.stat.yale.edu/Courses/1997-98/101/rvmnvar.htm as one example explanation.

R

RakeshGang

Thank you very much Steve. The link is very helpful for me.

According to the Question, we need find the expected variation. So I believe variation can be in 3 forms. Range, Standard Deviation and Variance.

So I am struggling to find whether we need to consider Standard Deviation or Variance of combined individual variances.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Range is generally not used, except in the context of a X% confidence interval. Variance is the square of the standard deviation. So you add variances, or add the squares of the the standard deviation (to convert to variance) and then take the square root (to convert back to standard deviation).

K

kendal98

CQE Study Material

Hello!!

I will be taking the CQE exam in 2014.

I am looking for study material to purchase.

Anyone have anything that may be good study material for the CQE Exam?

Please Advise.

Thank you!!!

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
The CQE Guide (Indiana Press?) is a great tool. Uses the same format as the exam does, and covers the entire body of knowledge.

R

RakeshGang

Re: CQE Study Material

Hello,
Sorry for late reply!
I started my preparation in August and first time attempted the exam on 07-Dec-13. During my preparation, followed ASQ CQE handbook and taken some tables in CQE primer (like various NDT techniques). But I went through the complete handbook 2 times till the exam time. After completing first revision, practiced some sample CQE exam papers, found in the web.

Finally last week, I was informed that I am ASQ certified Quality Engineer :)
If you need these files, please message me.
All the Best !!

Regards,
Rakesh

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O ASQ CQE Exam Experience, Home versus Exam Center ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
R ANSI/ASQ Z1.4. for CQE Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 18
S AQL Inspector's Rule - bring into CQE Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
J Sampling Plan Questions from the CQE Practice Exam Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J CQE References allowed in the Exam Room Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
A CQE exam primer Control Limit question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P Do CQE exam questions repeat in next exams? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H CQE Exam Review Volunteers Needed. Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers! September 2013 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
D Examples of CQE test questions for December 2012 exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
S CQE sample exam - Question 23 about a regression model Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A Preparing for CQE Exam - Calculators and Statistical Calculations Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
A CQE Exam Machine Capability Question - HELP Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
Q Which calculators can I take to CQE exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
I I failed my CQE Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 21
H Seeking Volunteers for ASQ CQE Exam Review Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
R ASQ CQE Practice Exam - Do I need to score very well to pass? Professional Certifications and Degrees 17
D Study Materials needed for CQE Exam Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
CalRich I was given two copies of the CQE exam! Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
C Passed the CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam 1st time Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
U Capability question from CQE exam Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
A CQE Exam Prep - Do you have any last minute study tips for me? Professional Certifications and Degrees 19
A How was the CQE exam??? Dec. 2007 Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
B Wish me luck - Appearing for CQE exam on Dec. 01,2007 Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Q Specific requirements for Statistics in CQE exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C Are CQE refresher courses by local ASQ centers helpful in preparing for the exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
A Materials you can take to CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
B How much preparation time for CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
B CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exam Learning Guidance and Related Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
M I passed the CQE exam this month - What certification next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
H Anyone Else Taking the CQE Exam on Saturday 2 December 2006? Professional Certifications and Degrees 13
M CQE Exam Material - What reference material to use? Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
H Is anyone else attending the workshop to update the CQE exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
C Strategy for preparing CQE exam and can any one suggest some good books? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A CQE exam passing rate - Why is it so low? Professional Certifications and Degrees 22
G Do we need to take our own statistical tables for CQE Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
K CQE Exam preparation - Help requested - Planning and Control Techniques Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
C Regarding the same CQE preparation - I am preparing for CQE exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
A CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) - Seeking suggestions on preparing for the exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
A Quality Council of Indiana - ASQ's CQE and CQA Certification exam materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
Q CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exam - Are Hand Generated Notes Allowed? Professional Certifications and Degrees 29
O Marketability of CQE vs CMQ/OE Career and Occupation Discussions 1
A Mistakes in the CQE Study Guide Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
E CQE or SSGB for a new career Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
M Differences in CQE, CSTE, CSQA, CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
W SSGB vs. CQE certification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R CQE vs CQA vs CSSGB vs CWI Professional Certifications and Degrees 0