CQI-15 Weld Inspector vision reviewed annually

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
I am going through our CQI-15 revision 2 assessment and noticed that it wants all our welding inspectors to have annual vision testing done. What standard would they have their vision tested to? There is no other mention as to how to check their vision and whether it is without corrective lenses.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I'm not familiar with CQI-15; our customers require welding in accordance with AWS specifications. Does CQI-15 specify Jaegar J2 testing - or something else? Or does it just say annual testing?

Some companies send their welders to a clinic for the eye exam, but where I work now, the HR Manager organizes our annual testing on-site. It is with corrective lenses if the employee welds with corrective lenses.

brandieb1230

Involved In Discussions
I'm not familiar with CQI-15; our customers require welding in accordance with AWS specifications. Does CQI-15 specify Jaegar J2 testing - or something else? Or does it just say annual testing?

Some companies send their welders to a clinic for the eye exam, but where I work now, the HR Manager organizes our annual testing on-site. It is with corrective lenses if the employee welds with corrective lenses.

Hi Cari!

The question is very vague:
Personnel designated as weld inspectors shall have their vision reviewed annually by the suppler for compliance with recognized corrected levels of vision.

There was no further guidance with it.

I created a sheet based on the above website asking about the Jaegar J12 at 12 inches or greater and color blindness.

Top Bottom