CQI (Chartered Quality Institute, UK) - Diploma in Quality

P

Phiobi

Is there anybody here that has or is doing the DipQ through the CQI (Chartered Quality Institute, UK)?

I am about to go into this head first and would love to hear peoples view on how it went adn if it is worth the 3 years work?

A

Ady11

Re: CQI - Diploma in Quality

Good qualification at the end. The trick is to stay the full distance, the key behind that is where you are studying or through what distance learning provider.

I am done all the exams, just the project to go. It's a work life balance thing.

In short go for it - great step on the Quality ladder.

Good Luck.

P

Phiobi

I'm based in the Midlands so I will be doing it through Birmingham Uni. My plan is to complete this and then do a Masters. I have loads of experience in QA and Aerospace (QM before I turned 30 :)) now I want to back it up with the qualifications.

How long have you spent on it?

A

Ady11

Haven't done anything for about 2 years now. Change of employer hasn't helped as the previous was very supportive.

Making plans to finish / re-start this year. I did average a exam every 6 months. Passing Distinctions requitre a large proportion of your time, however with your experience I would suggest that passing shouldn't be to hard.

I to am over 30 so putting the qualifications in QA behind me to go with the earned common sense....

A

achorste

I'm doing all six modules - Done D2 & D3 already, doing D4 & D6 this year, project & D1 next year.

All in all I'm finding it very good - slightly too simple at the moment - but I think that's more the group I'm with at the moment - some people need to go at a slightly slower pace as they don't have a good grounding in quality.

However with your experience I would say you'd have no problems.

P

Phiobi

I'm doing all six modules - Done D2 & D3 already, doing D4 & D6 this year, project & D1 next year.

All in all I'm finding it very good - slightly too simple at the moment - but I think that's more the group I'm with at the moment - some people need to go at a slightly slower pace as they don't have a good grounding in quality.

However with your experience I would say you'd have no problems.

So you are going to spend 3 years on it?!

How often do you attend Uni/College? I have been given the impression that I will need to go 1 evening every other week and 1 day a month?

A

achorste

I go to Huddersfield (although I live in Sheffield) - it's not a distance learning course - although I think Birmingham do it distance learning. I did one module each year for the past 2 years, but then we agreed to do 2 modules a year for this year & next to speed it up a bit. So four years in total.

This year & next I'm doing 2 evenings a week (Tuesdays & Thursdays). I could do distance learning, but I really don't trust myself to get the work done and also being able to talk things over with the others really helps us all with the topics at hand.

F

flybyscy

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing this diploma. What ASQ certifications does it compare to and how?

&

Could you suggest any good distance learning providers?

Top Bottom