CRB (Certification Registration Body) Notification of Potential Escape

J

JoseTx

Hello everyone. I will start by saying I have been a member of this forum for quite awhile and although I have never posted before it is the best resource tool available I have found. I have been in Quality for over 6 years now and implemented a Quality Management System from scratch at my previous employer to achieve both AS9100B followed by AS9100C certification and it was with plenty of research on this site.

I am currently faced with a dilemma and I am hoping to get opinions on how to proceed with a customer's request for my company to notify our AS9100 CRB of a potential escape that "impacted customer product." The request comes from a Prime Aerospace Customer and one that I am sure we could all agree seems to control the rulemaking in the Aerospace Industry. The problem is that we are a Tier 2 service provider for them and have been arguing the NC product being our fault because the issue is very subjective due to the inspection being a visual task for us stated in both our QM as well as their specification for our process. We have also yet to see evidence of the NC parts from the machining house and out of over 100 parts we only received picture evidence of 1 part with the issue at hand. We have also yet to receive evidence that engineering evaluation was performed and that they determined the issue would have created a fit/function issue (product impact). I feel that because it is so early in the investigation and no concrete evidence has been presented to us that the issue was caused by our process; we should not have to report to our CRB until it is certain we are at fault. It seems a bit drastic at this point and would affect our business with other customers which does not seem fair due to the same reason that we still believe our process was not what caused the issue at hand. Your opinion/feedback is greatly appreciated on how you would handle the situation and I am sorry if I am being to vague describing the problem.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: CRB Notification of Potential Escape

Talk to your registrar and explain what you wrote down on this topic. Let them know tha you are waiting for evidence that your product was affected.

Part two - most of these complaints are dealt within OASIS Database and you have the right to file a complaint or observation (your version of the process) so that they in turn must provide satisfactory answer to your issue.

Bottom line, the CB are not out to get you and OASIS database is the appropriate venue for your discussion - it is monitored by other entities.

So, go get their attention. :2cents:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Re: CRB Notification of Potential Escape

I am hoping to get opinions on how to proceed with a customer's request for my company to notify our AS9100 CRB of a potential escape that "impacted customer product."
Technically, the OEM could have triggered a feedback in OASIS to your CB about the situation. Not sure if the OEM is unaware of the feedback loop or not, but, since they are asking YOU to notify the CB, it would behoove you to do so, and you can always present the situation from YOUR perspective. The alternative is for them (the OEM) to present the situation as THEY see it, and it can be somewhat different from yours.

All in all, in my experience, if you feel you can't dialogue and communicate seriously with your CB, there is something fundamentally rotten in the relationship.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C OASIS Complaint - The right way to file a complaint against a CRB AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Help AS9100 registration in jeopardy (CRB has been "SUSPENDED") Registrars and Notified Bodies 22
Sidney Vianna OASIS Database Search - Top 20 AS91X0 registration certificates - CRB's AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
L IATF 16949 certification costs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
R Medical Device Software Certification IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Requirements to obtain ISO 50001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
N Any experience with Registrars that deny Certification to a Registrant? Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
P ISO Class 8 particle count (annual certification vs monitoring) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme Help Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
J Hitrust Certification (HIPPA etc.) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T Letter to file for Product Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
P ISO 13485:2016 MDSAP Certification Fee Survey ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
O ANATEL certification of Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M What happens to certifications if the issuing certification body loses accreditation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
R Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) prep - Practice test versus actual exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
K Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) Exam - November 2020 preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
B Advantages of a corporate certification scheme IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
N Harmonized Standards for MDR Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Quality management certification required by Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
R FCC certification (contract manufacturer) TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A 21 CFR part 11 - section 11.100 - Electronic Signature Certification Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
M Customers Request AS9100 certification - Small Company (less than 20 employees) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
T AMS2570E certification equipment questions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S RA (Regulatory Affairs) certification & Online Internship Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
B Directory of Largest Global Certification Bodies (Accredited) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
M CE self-certification for Class I device (face mask) EU Medical Device Regulations 9
D API 6A Certification Question Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
K Restricted Scope of ISO 13485 Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
michellemmm What is the Cost of six sigma certification? Six Sigma 5
L "IATF-Compliant" IATF 16949:2016 certification? What does this mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
V Iso13485 certification vs CE technical audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Watchcat Duration of MDD Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
DuncanGibbons FAA's Building Block approach to certification Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
J Product Service after CE Certification expiration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
G USAS ISO 9001 Certification, online is it worth it? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
W Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Using your Manufacturer's ISO certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Define voltage and frequency to perform tests 61010-1 and 61326-1 for CE certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
Nicole Desouza ISO / AS Certification - Small business with less than 100 employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
M Informational EU – First IVDR designated Notified Body – DEKRA Certification GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Software Development Company - Who would own the whole process and the certification afterwards? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1