Creating an ISO 14001 Internal Audit schedule

V

vsedriver

Does anyone have a sample schedule for an ISO 14001 internal audit? I am trying to develop one. I've not had auditor training yet but my company wants a schedule on the books anyway. I'd appreciate any help.:thanx:

AndyN

Moved On
I'm wondering if you've done a search? Audit scheduling gets a lot of attention here, so rather than us all waste your time with repeating (our) the same old stories, you'll probably find what you need (and then some) with a search.........

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Or scroll down to the 'Similar Discussion Threads' box below for a view of similar threads and their attachments if any.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
The search can start with the links of similar threads showing at the bottom of this page. Also, one can use the Search function (blue tool bar, yellow font) and key words like "audit schedule 14001."

V

vsedriver

I'm wondering if you've done a search? Audit scheduling gets a lot of attention here, so rather than us all waste your time with repeating (our) the same old stories, you'll probably find what you need (and then some) with a search.........

I've been searching, but I'm looking for something that is specific to ISO 14001. I have limited time to search too which is why I asked for help. It might save me search time. :)

Randy

Super Moderator
You won't find a schedule, you'll find "audit plans" and "audit checklists". A schedule is when you plan to do the audit. What you are demonstrating is why "competence" is necessary for folks fulfilling "roles" within an EMS or any management system. This is not a slight towards you because the competency needs start at the top. You can't effectively plan an audit unless you know something about the process itself and I'll tell your company that personally if they don't believe you.

Additionally, if I were to come to your facility as a 3rd party and find a condition where an auditor or any other person cannot demonstrate necessary competency the results may not be positive. One of the very key areas I look at and others do as well is that of audit planning and conduct because it is so terribly important. Competency is another area and the "boss's" are not excluded.

V

vsedriver

YYou can't effectively plan an audit unless you know something about the process itself and I'll tell your company that personally if they don't believe you.

LOL, I might take you up on your offer. I am supposed to get internal auditor training before the actual audit but they wanted the schedule on the books first. So far they've shot down all my training proposals as "too expensive find something cheaper."

I'm running out of calendar. I do have a checklist so I guess I can plan an audit based on that. I'd still like to look at other 14001 audit plans so I'll do a search in that direction.

:thanx:

harry

Trusted Information Resource
I've been searching, but I'm looking for something that is specific to ISO 14001. I have limited time to search too which is why I asked for help. It might save me search time. :)

If you are looking for a template, go to the 'post attachments list' - thin green bar at the bottom most of the Cove's header. Key in 'schedule' as optional keyword. Look for one template that suits you most (I know the third one is a schedule for both ISO 14001 & 9001).

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
You won't find a schedule, you'll find "audit plans" and "audit checklists". A schedule is when you plan to do the audit. What you are demonstrating is why "competence" is necessary for folks fulfilling "roles" within an EMS or any management system. This is not a slight towards you because the competency needs start at the top. You can't effectively plan an audit unless you know something about the process itself and I'll tell your company that personally if they don't believe you.

Additionally, if I were to come to your facility as a 3rd party and find a condition where an auditor or any other person cannot demonstrate necessary competency the results may not be positive. One of the very key areas I look at and others do as well is that of audit planning and conduct because it is so terribly important. Competency is another area and the "boss's" are not excluded.
One of the threads down below was this one.

I did a search in the Post Attachments List (green button in the page header) and got this list of attachments. The reason why I won't give you an example list (like mine) for 14001 is that the audit schedule is one of processes and not just elements. Start with a 3-year plan. Schedule audits of critical or problematic processes more often, which for my group means yearly. Then make your annual schedule based on that and other considerations such as audit follow ups. I hope this helps.

V

vsedriver

If you are looking for a template, go to the 'post attachments list' - thin green bar at the bottom most of the Cove's header. Key in 'schedule' as optional keyword. Look for one template that suits you most (I know the third one is a schedule for both ISO 14001 & 9001).

thanks! this helps a lot. Visually seeing how it is laid out makes it easier for me to make up our schedule. I guess I should have asked for a template.:D

Top Bottom