Crisis Management Process and Procedure or Flow Chart example wanted

S

shohreh

Hello to all,

hope all are doing fine and enjoying the summer vacations.

I'm seeking your help in providing me with a sample high level process for crisis management (flowchart is a better option).

at the same time, I'm looking for the best training provided for the below courses:
1) certifies enterprize Risk management
2) Lean and six sigma black belt

So if anybody came cross a very good training agency for the mentioned courses; would appreciate it if you let me know.

thank you and best regards,

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello to all,

I'm seeking your help in providing me with a sample high level process for crisis management (flowchart is a better option).

at the same time, I'm looking for the best training provided for the below courses:
1) certifies enterprise Risk management

So if anybody came cross a very good training agency for the mentioned courses; would appreciate it if you let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Can someone help with this?

Thanks!

Stijloor.

J

JaneB

If you do a Google search for something like 'crisis management process flow' you should find some examples.

For example, there's one in this document which isn't bad.

Usually, the flowchart is relatively simple (I've seen a lot, and they are not dissimilar to the example I've linked to). But the critically important thing behind them is sound planning in the first place (to develop the system and the process) and then rehearsing the process to make sure it all works!

By the way, it's not a good idea to mix in more than one question in a post and especially when the second has zero to do with the subject of the thread.

Hello to all,

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Hello to all,

I've read your Profile. Unless there have been some changes since you created your Profile, I'm guessing this list is for your personal use, not as a work assignment, especially since you inquire about a "training agency."

Jane has given one lead in her post which should provide a good overview of the topic of crisis management. When I consult with top managers and Boards of Directors about "crisis management," I always emphasize "getting in front of the story" by determining what the situation is and keeping comments limited to the truth, not speculation or lies. Any direct lies will almost always be discovered and work against those who tell them. Trying to hide the truth is almost as bad as a direct lie. For that purpose, it is usually best to have only one "authority figure" as the spokesperson to limit any conflicting tales. It is not necessary that it be the top officer, but it is important that the spokesperson have apparent authority of the top officer and, very importantly, not be made the scapegoat by feeding the spokesperson lies and then laying the blame for the lies on the spokesperson.

If you are seeking to further your own knowledge and groom yourself for future promotion or advancement, I agree it is a good idea to try and get a good idea of the various topics you have listed, along with some others which will become apparent as you learn about the ones you have listed.

Among other topics, you should familiarize yourself with Deming's theory about a System of Profound Knowledge (SoPK), which posits that good overall knowledge of all the things which affect an organization should be clearly communicated to and understood by all the personnel in an organization.

If you do a Google search for something like 'crisis management process flow' you should find some examples.

For example, there's one in this document which isn't bad.

Usually, the flowchart is relatively simple (I've seen a lot, and they are not dissimilar to the example I've linked to). But the critically important thing behind them is sound planning in the first place (to develop the system and the process) and then rehearsing the process to make sure it all works!
Good and interesting link, Jane:agree1: - has it been on your radar before or did you just come across it in a google search?

By the way, it's not a good idea to mix in more than one question in a post and especially when the second has zero to do with the subject of the thread.
Yep. good advice, but it might be even better if you had explained that off topic questions or topics often get lost and never addressed because the flow of the thread of comments ignores the "throwaway" questions. Therefore, the better route is to either

1. refocus the thread by changing the title in some way to wrap all the seemingly disparate questions under one umbrella (in this thread perhaps: "Seeking knowledge about a number of topics to select one or more for career advancement" OR
  2. alternately (and usually the best course), start a separate thread for each question, risking being considered a troll or spammer by a moderator.

S

shohreh

Dears,

would like to thank you all for your guidance.

I have been assigned to handle the Crisis management of the Company. I'll be working on the process side and i have other colleagues which will be working on different areas of the project.

Thank you Jane for the document. i have googled alot and found the same document. all the information that has been posted in the document is available with us as Business Contintuity Plan which is a very detailed document. for the time being, I'm gathering all the incidents and crisis occured since last year till now and at the same time working on the the risk register.

i was looking for sample processes to have an idea while creating the process and the links between the areas.

I'm planning to get the required trainings for my new tasks in the company and to apply the best practice while improving the process.

thank you for your support and assistance.

Top Bottom