Critical Control Points development and Cross contamination in food preparation

S

Sartaj Bedi

So I identify CCP. The to show that CCP are be ing maintained I need to show them for every item on the menu.

I am a bit confused should the devlopment of CCP be grouped by ingredinets like chciken, fish , dairy with its intednde use or take each item on the menu and find outs its CCP. The later is very hard work.

In addiiton what happens when we combine two process eg salad with grilled hot chciken or salad with grilled cold chicken.

How do I factor in cross contamination with hands or equipments. eg if someone has a shell fish allergy ... then that person is susceptible if a after grilling sea food on a griddle plate is followed by grilling chicken. You can clean the plate but How clean is Clean.

Advise would help

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
P

Polly Pure Bread

So I identify CCP. The to show that CCP are be ing maintained I need to show them for every item on the menu.

I am a bit confused should the devlopment of CCP be grouped by ingredinets like chciken, fish , dairy with its intednde use or take each item on the menu and find outs its CCP. The later is very hard work.
Adopt ISO 22000:2005 - food safety management system ;)

In addiiton what happens when we combine two process eg salad with grilled hot chciken or salad with grilled cold chicken.
it's like asking what happens when you mix hot cold water together:lol:

How do I factor in cross contamination with hands or equipments. eg if someone has a shell fish allergy ... then that person is susceptible if a after grilling sea food on a griddle plate is followed by grilling chicken. You can clean the plate but How clean is Clean.

Advise would help
Yes, those are contaminants – any substance or object that makes food harmful, objectionable or contaminated whether physical, chemical, or biological.

Short definition of cross contamination:

Microorganisms are carried from one source to another.

Clean simply means free from visible dirt but i guess what you need is SANITATION. Sanitize means free from germs or microorganisms.

F

frawat

Sartaj
You raise very interesting and even difficult questions.
Honestly I do not have experience in food preparation (restaurant?) HACCP.
But, I guess you need to be practical and group your products/flowcharts as much as you can. Possibly, several different end products will share parts of the same process flow. Your HACCP should be manageable, and the important thing is that you actually implement your control measures and seven HACCP principles. You should carefully identify your PCCs so that you should not have too many of them (usually a common mistake).
Of course if you have different ingredients or components in the dish, then the end product is different and possibly also your HACCP plan, unless you can group similar hazard dishes. For example: hot and cold grilled chicken pose different hazards. Also raw or cooked salad.
Control of allergens (cross-contamination) is essential. You should either have dedicated equipment for some major allergens or excellent cleaning procedures, I guess. All of these should be documented and validated.
I guess many other people who work in your type of business should be able to advise you better.
Regards,
Francis

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Decision Tree using for CCP (Critical Control Points) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
J Defining CCP (Critical Control Points) in a Rice Mill Plant Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 9
M Determining Critical Control Points (CCP's) in Food Safety Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
K How to establish critical limit for Critical Control Points (CCPs) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 7
Y Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) for Water? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 20
F Medical Device HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M What is the difference between Critical Dimension and Control Dimension Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
G How to manage/control critical items and key characteristics? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
P Critical Limits for Air Blower as CCP (Critical Control Point) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 6
P Critical Characteristics shown more than once on Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
R Criteria for defining FMEA & Control Plan Critical and Significant Characteristics FMEA and Control Plans 10
K Must every CCP (Critical Control Point) have a (documented) procedure? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
K General HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Questions Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 8
G Is Statistical Control Required? No Critical Characteristics - 7.2.1.1 or 7.3.2.3 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
D Significant & Critical Characteristics Control Plan - Automotive Metal Stampings FMEA and Control Plans 5
H Critical Processes - Determining what processes on the Control Plan are critical FMEA and Control Plans 6
J Critical operations on control plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
L Gage R&R studies and control plan for PPAP - Critical or Significant characteristics? APQP and PPAP 16
J API Q1 - 5.6.1.2 (b) - Initial Supplier Evaluation—Critical Purchases Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
Bev D Development Process: FMEA, Critical Characteristics, Spec Setting and Controls Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
K Critical Material Vendors: Distributors Vs Manufacturers and Supply Agreements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Critical Supplier Initial evaluation for single purchases Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 16
Pmarszal Technical File - Critical Supplier List Questions CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Critical Supplier will not allow us to audit Plant floor US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 12
M IEC 62366 Hazard-related Use Scenario vs FDA Critical Task EU Medical Device Regulations 3
F Change in address for critical supplier - does NB need to be informed? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 20
S Critical spare management guideline IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
L Automatically considered Critical Component when within a fire ENCLOSURE? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
G Critical Characteristics/Dimensions of PCBAs Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
H Critical subcontractors & crucial suppliers EU Medical Device Regulations 5
A Critical Characteristics - Sheet metal stamping APQP and PPAP 9
D What are the Activity deemed critical for the API 6D Ball Valve ? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
lanley liao Questions regarding the change of critical suppliers and key personnel Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
S Calibration Due date-Critical Connie General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
S Distinction between a critical supplier and a Virtual manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 3
R Critical Characteristics & Special Characteristics FMEA and Control Plans 2
J Where is the definition of a critical supplier? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Critical characteristic on manufacturing operations test procedure Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
B Software service provider as critical supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Critical Characteristics APQP and PPAP 2
B FCA US Customer Specific IATF 16949- Critical Characteristics 8.6.2 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
T ISO 13485 - Process validation at critical suppliers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
F Is there such a thing as 'Critical supplier' status under the Dept. of Health (UK)? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Definition of "Critical Laboratory Equipment"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
C Critical Suppliers for EU medical device approvals May 2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational Critical Thinking and the Process of Evidence-Based Practice Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J How to measure a Critical Characteristic that is a Basic Dimension Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6