CRM - Customer Relationship Management

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I got the following e-mail. I hesitate to start a new forum unless there's an expressed need - there's a lot already. I've been following CRM somewhat through InfoWorld for some time.

That said, if any of you have any comments or want to discuss CRM - let's try this thread. Maybe Wallace will take a few minutes and explain the basics.

To: Marc
Subject: CRM?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 16:01:14 -0500

Marc,

I hope this mail finds you well, I hope that you have had an excellent festive celebration (Whatever your tradition).

Marc, I would like to suggest opening a new addition to the Cove relating to CRM (Customer Relationship Management), This arena is very closely associated with Quality management and Customer communications, I have recently been exposed to this fascinating area through a work colleague, Have a look at the following sites and judge for yourself whether CRM is a subject of interest to the Cove members and viewers.

http://www.crmcommunity.com/

http://searchcrm.techtarget.com/

http://www.dwinfocenter.org/

There are many more sites that each site links to.

All the best for 2002 when it gets to you.

Best regards

Wallace Tait.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

WALLACE

Quite Involved in Discussions
CRM definition????????

I am a novice regarding CRM issues and, I don't Believe I would do justice to this subject, However, I am reading an Addison-Wesley Information Technology Series publication titled THE CRM HANDBOOK ISBN 0-201-73062-6.
CRM is becoming a subject that is being touted as the next big thing in the business world regarding customer relationship management.
THE CRM HANDBOOK ISBN 0-201-73062-6.

Wallace.

E

energy

Re: CRM definition????????

Originally posted by WALLACE
CRM is becoming a subject that is being touted as the next big thing in the business world regarding customer relationship management.
THE CRM HANDBOOK ISBN 0-201-73062-6.
Wallace.
Carl,

See what I mean? As wave replaces wave endlessly..... :biglaugh:
:ko: :smokin:

M

Martijn TVM

I don't know about waves

I don't know much about it either but I've been working on a CRM database to keep better track of customer relations. I focused mostly on business opportunities but CRM is a part of that. I do agree about "new hype" theory, but basically all CRM is is all the post-its and voicemails, palmpilot, from a bunch of desks combined into a organized central place, right. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

WALLACE

CRM

Does anyone have have examples of the use of CRM within a QMS. I have noticed that there is a move by organizations who have a formal QMS system in place to be moving to a mostly paperless system (Online QMS).
Would CRM be used and associated with customer satisfaction and continuous improvements within a QMS?
Wallace.

M

Martijn TVM

Is there anyone...

H Question. Is there anyone who actually uses a CRM system out there. Many companies have scrapped it from there budgets, because of cost but there must be some companies using it. I was looking into an expansion of our current ERP-II system to integrate it with CRM. But they offcourse give me the whole sales thing, (no dissatisfied customers).

I was wondering if there is anyone who uses a CRM and actually calculated the cost reduction, opportunity expansion, etc. and some hard numbers.

and wallace thanks for the site info.

WALLACE

Crm

Martijn,
If you have time to look at www.prenticehall.com use the search engine and look at CRM, you will find references to the book that I mentioned in a previous thread.
I read in the book that banks are into CRM big time and the book gives many examples of organizations using CRM to date throughout the world.
Wallace.

E

Edith

CRM'S

Hi there!

We are currently using ACT for notes as a tool for our CRM. We are currently looking at actually incorporating the CRM within our QMS database, which provides a EXTREMELY useful tool.

Not only does it keep us upto date in terms of customer profiles, info etc, but you can actually create surveys, NC's, CAR's, Continuous Improvements directly from the CRM database! (On top of that creates reports, and creates a record of the above!)

We are still currently in the midst of configurations, and discussing platforms for the interface of other current systems being used!

:bigwave:

E

Edith

Bringing it all together

Hi Wallace!

Believe it or not the entire thing of "CRM" came as an accident to me. (9months ago, I didn't even know what the acronym stood for):bonk:

Our current QMS is comprised of 5 databases, one of being a customer relations database!

So, I happen to be invited to one our National Sales meeting, and I am sitting their listening to Sales and Marketing talking about , their "If only we could do this" talks. Again, they were talking about scheduling, organization, record keeping of phone calls, increase in rates who does it? When? How?, correspondence with customers. The list goes on and on.

Well I thought to myself, I guess I better let them know that I could have the answer they are looking for.

Basically, I took them through the database which I was only in the midst of configuring, but which still had the functionalities activated which they were looking for. Automatic distribution of rates via email (As an attachment of any software type), phone , letter in, letter out fax, account manager, potential client, existing etc etc. Very similar to Goldmine / Act for notes. However, the one thing it had that management was just awed at was, we had bought a tool which sits on our server, and replicates data into this database straight from our AS400 operating system! No data entry, 15 min replications and voila!

Like I said, an employee or sales rep can be at a customers location log on and view any outstanding CAR's, NC's etc. PLUS review their procedures!( Some firewall issues do exist) Survey templates will autmatically be sent to customers (which you create through a template you just set the intervals) It sends you reminders when it's time to review your account, and if you don't it escalates right up to the CEO!

If I sound excited about this I am! I'ts not the "perfect"system, it is missing some functionalities but the fact that we can incorporate this into our QMS is definate bonus!

Sorry if I rambled!

Edith:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K CRM (Customer Relationship Management) integrated with QMS. Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K 21 CFR part 11 & CRM software (including customer support) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
T Customer Service Orientated on CRM philosophy Service Industry Specific Topics 3
H Can I get some information... CRM (Certified Reference Materials) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
K Validation of ERP/CRM Software Using Sandbox Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
M pH Calibration - Comparing Electrical and CRM Methods General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R CRM (Certificate of Reference Material) but no Traceability Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
P Service Requests with multiple issues using CRM (Case Management) Customer Complaints 2
J Measurement Uncertainty (MU) - Genetic Testing Lab - Lack of suitable CRM - ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
M NetSuite ERP and CRM features Validation for a medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Contact Management Software (CRM) for Work Groups - Recommendations After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
T Productivity In Service - CRM philosophy environment Service Industry Specific Topics 3
B Retention Samples when Customer Leaves Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
M Email Template that go to a customer and then get returned to us for RMA/Warranty Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
B FCA US Customer Specific IATF 16949- Critical Characteristics 8.6.2 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
D ISO 13485 8.2.1 and 8.2.2 - Customer Feedback and Customer Complaints ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J Customer Complaint Response 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
D IATF16949 - Interpretation of Customer Requirements clauses Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
S Obligation to accept customer audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
D IATF16949 7.5.3.2.1 Record Retention - Our Product or Customer Product? Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
S Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) not signed/approved IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
B FCA US IATF 16949 Customer Requirements updates Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
G Same parts but new customer - What will the auditor ask me? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Customer Satisfaction importance in companies with Government/Public Administration as main customer? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
G Self Assessment Audit from a new potential customer General Auditing Discussions 3
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Ooi Yew Jin Customer E audit preparation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
qualprod Managing a "special" customer into the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Who is the customer in the ISO/IEC 17025:2017? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 17
T Root Cause Failure Analysis - Not following Customer packaging Specification Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
V Customer Print Specifications on PFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 13
S Issuing of CoC to Customer in a Word or Excel format ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Design Transfer Template capturing Customer Specific Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
W Direct to customer export of medical device (class I: prescription lenses + frame) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S How to treat a customer complaint ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I ISO 9001:2015 Section 9.3.2 C1 "customer satisfaction and feedback from relevant interested parties" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
JoCam Labeling to Customer Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
Q Customer Satisfaction through On-Time Delivery ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Pau Calvo PPAP customer requirements in the APQP APQP and PPAP 25
T Nonconforming product at customer detected by a routine inspection by field service Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
0 PPM calculation of customer complaints for PMS Customer Complaints 10
A Definition of customer in ITP (Inspection & Test Plan) Contract Review Process 3
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
F Struggling with a root cause analysis - Customer Returns - Escape issue Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
S Best software for customer support/complaints? Customer Complaints 0
F ISO 17025 8.6.2 Customer Feedback Analysis ISO 17025 related Discussions 5