Cross Site Benchmarking of levels of business excellence

P

pcomer

I am currently in the process of preparing an audit program to deterine the levels of business excellence within our organisation. The company is made up of five sites worldwide (Asia, USA, Europe and Sth. America) and I need to develop a program which gives clear guidlines to the audit team in terms of audit criteria, a measurement system for each audit and a rating system for each of the five sites. i am considering developing the program along the following criteria 1)Customer Satisfaction 2)Process Controls 3)Cost of Quality 4)Management of Change 5)People Skills and Development. The main problem I have is developing a measurement and rating system so that all sites are measured using the same criteria. If any of you have been involved with a programme like this I would appreciate your views.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
PC

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Re: Cross Site Benchmarking

The principle is that the management team is tasked with developing performance metrics. The audit team is supposed to review what management has defined as important criteria.

When you turn that upside down, you start off from a weakened position, and should probably be your first nonconformity.

P

pcomer

The management team have already defined what they consider to be the key metrics to be reviewed at each site - 1)Customer Satisfaction 2)Process Controls 3)Cost of Quality 4)Management of Change 5)People Skills and Development. I am trying to develop a program which rates each of these on a 1 - 5 scale with criteria define for each for Example - 4Management of change - 1 rating means nothing a 5 rating means everyhing is being controlled properly etc.

M

markspend01

Hey Guys well i think that the cross Site Bench marking provides an yearly management and assistance service to larger govt departments for assistance value of money tests and monitoring of enhancement.Thanks!!

Top Bottom